Microsoft Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

153 interviews

3.1

153 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Microsoft in December 2013.

Submitted resume to recruiter. Microsoft employee contacted me directly via e-mail asking if interested in spring internship. Through e-mail correspondence, coordinated a 1:1 skype interview. The interview began by telling about the project they were looking for an intern. Then the employee asked about background, skills, and asked what you wanted from this experience.

Interview Questions
  • Interviewer wanted to know technical skills; however, didn't have clear defined problem to answer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Redmond, WA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Microsoft.

30 minutes interview on school campus with just one coding question. Talked about some features specific to interviewers team and some of my past projects. Informed of advancing to final round 2 weeks later. Didn't here back for 3 weeks after that, so I emailed recruiter and was told there was a backlog of applicants, switched to SDET to accelerate the process. Had interview in Redmond 3 weeks after that (8 weeks since first interview). Final round was 4 45 minute interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Fill an integer matrix in a spiral fashion. Starting in the upper left corner and going clock-wise, the next element should be one more than the previous.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft.

I was contacted after speaking with a recruiter at a career fair and asked to interview on campus. The interview took place on campus and lasted one hour. The interviewer was very nice and patient.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a question about finding the max sum sequence in an array. The question was very fair for my skill level.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Microsoft.

Emailed me to setup a 30 minute phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • What process would you go through to debug a keyboard?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Microsoft in January 2013.

Multiple rounds spanning over few months. Shortlisting after each round. First round had about 15-20 objective questions to test really basic skills in 1 hour. Second round consists of coding on 2-3 given problems in 1 hour. Next up is phone interview in which they might ask puzzles or other computer science questions. Finally 2 face-to-face interviews with increasing level of difficulty and shortlisting too. Interviews consist of both questions testing your skill and also related to your background and resume.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing as such. Had good amount of discussion over my projects and resume.   Answer Question
    No Negotiation. They disclose the offer details much later on. However joining dates are flexible.

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in October 2013.

I applied at the career fair (I attend a top CS school) and was asked to interview on campus shortly after. The interview on campus asked me which role I was going for, and I told him that I did not have a preference, and he ultimately sent me to the final round for the SDET position. On site, I attended what they call an "event", where 15 of us were there together in a room, went to four interviews each, and were hanging out in the room between those interviews. After the fourth interview, we all hung out for an hour, and they told us each the offer decision one-by-one. It was overall a great process.

None of the questions were crazy hard or crazy algorithmic.

Interview Questions
    • Program a function that takes in two words and checks if the first is a substring of the second.   View Answer
    • Find the angle between the hour, minute, and second hand on a clock at any given time.   Answer Question
    • Merge two sorted arrays in place, with the second array having enough space to fit in the first. Do not create a new array.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want the SDET role instead of the SDE role?   Answer Question

I was much more excited about an offer I got at a different company, though I was also excited about Microsoft.

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Microsoft.

Gave resume at College Fair and got email for on campus interview

Interview Questions
    • Technical Question, given a singly linked list, how to reverse direction   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in November 2013.

Applied online, and get an invitation for interview at the same day. one on campus interview, and one on site interview. Microsoft pay for almost everything, and It was a great experience. Took me a day to get the result.

nonnegotiable

Intern Interview

Interviewed for SDE Internship, consisted of 3 rounds. First 2 were on campus, last round was at Redmond. First 2 rounds were heavily technical, last round consisted of 2 interviews not as technical as previous rounds. Interviewers were very nice and passionate about what they did, questions they asked were all very fair and nothing surprising.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly standard technical questions about algorithms and data structures.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Microsoft in January 2013.

Phone interwiew