Microsoft

Updated 24 Nov, 2014

3.1

186 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

Was unsure about working for Microsoft, but I handed in my resume at the career fair anyway and got called for an interview the next day. The interviewer was very unprofessional. And when he asked and I described what I was looking for in a career, he took it to mean that I can't code (very false) and proceeded to a fifteen minute lecture on why coding was important. I lost interest in the interview soon after that.

Interview Questions
  • Fairly simple logic puzzle (because he assumed I couldn't code - even though my resume and I said otherwise).   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Microsoft in August 2014.

A short MCQ round of 15 questions was held.Then a coding round of two questions was undertaken by us.
    Later after a few days the guys came to campus for interviews.After 2 or 3 rounds they selected the candidates. Students with good communication skills were selected after 2 round only.

Interview Questions
    • Convert a binary search tree in place in a sorted doubly link list.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft.

1 HR interview that included behavioural questions in addition to ligh technical questions, followed by 3 onsite interviews. 2 interview were focused on coding, and the third was purely testing.

Intern Interview

First round consists of a multiple choice quiz followed by multiple onsite rounds. The questions generally consist of Algorithms, Design and Project Questions. The interviewers are good and they even offer you to drive back home if you want.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

There was an online shortlisting process as usual and then I was contacted by a recruiter from a subcontractor assessment company and was invited for a range of assessment steps such as self assessment test,logical thinking and language skills.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions needed to be really careful and stay attentive because of the fact that they include so many numbers and that kind of stuff.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in May 2014.

Had 4 interviews. The first interview was about testing, the second interview was about coding two algorithms, the third interview was about testing a specific function and then implementing that function. The interviewers were very nice and helpful. They were very approachable and gave good hints in order to solve the problem.

Interview Questions
    • Given an integer number, implement the toString() function of that number.   View Answer

Intern Interview

asked a lot of questions for the firstt phone screen

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

Submitted my resume through my school's career center. Contacted a couple weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Couldn't understand the interviewer. Was notified via email a few weeks later that I was not selected for the final round in Seattle.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a challenging project you have completed   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

There were 5 rounds of assessment and I partook in 4. 1 CV check, 1 assessment centre and 3 rounds of interview. It was not that difficult but you are required to have good understanding and business sense. All the assessors were supporive, but other staff that were present at the office could come across as distant/ intimidating.

Interview Questions
    • There are questions regarding leadership and soft skills with HR. As you go further, more business-related issues are brought up.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft.

I spoke on the phone first, then went to the Foundry for an interview