Microsoft Intern Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr, 2015

3.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got an email about a month later asking to schedule an over the phone interview. The phone interview is about 30 minutes long and we went over my resume and why I applied for Microsoft. Over all the first interview is pretty basic.. About a month later they sent me another email to set up a 2nd interview at Microsoft.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft (San Diego, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied for a Game Programming Internship through my university at a career fair. The interview was a 30 minute on-campus interview. Was first asked questions related to my resume. Then he asked me to merge two sorted linked lists. The interviewer was really nice and there was no rush throughout the interview process.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

A very warm and welcoming experience. I was called for on site at the head office in Seattle. nitially had a on campus interview at my university. It was short 30 minute interview where they went over my resume and had a quick technical question.
    I heard back around 3 weeks later, mainly b/c I had a offer that was on the verge of expiring. They flew me out to the Redmond campus that same week.
    The day of the interview, I arrived on site around 8am and had a quick chat with HR. They told me which team I was interviewing for and sent me to the building for the interviews. I had 5 interviews and 1 lunch interview. This lasted until around 3PM.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

They got my CV thru a friends.

I was summoned for 2 techincal interviews, standart questions, but apart from the techinal questions ALOT of theory questions, OOP oriented mostly but not just.

Shown a code and asked to print the output, etc...

By the time they asked me to come to interview #3 i already had an offer from a diffrent company which i accepted.

Interview Questions

• Given a Tree with N nodes design an algorithem which prints the nodes from the top level to the bottom, going from left to right then right to left, limited by O(n) on both runtime and memory usage.   1 Answer

Already had a diffrent better offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Over phone interview, all behavioral questions. One logic puzzle.The interview lasted app 30 minutes. The guy seemed impatient because I was the last one of the day. It went well, I asked him some questions to show interest about women in the company. His answer was kind of made up. Made up some stats on Google, which are not correct.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I gave Microsoft recruiters my resume at the job fair and they contacted me that night inviting me to a dinner with them and other potential employees a few days later. About a week after the job fair I got an email inviting me to an on campus interview. The interview said I would hear back from them in a month (regardless of the result). About three weeks later I got an email telling me I had passed to final round interviews the following month. I went to the Boston office and had 4-45 minute interviews over the course of a morning. They were all very nice and made sure to give time between interviews to recuperate. The coulture at Microsoft seemed great, especially with the changes being made by the new CEO. They are more receptive to open source and non-windows solutions.

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

The process is clearly outlined by them - submit your resume, if the resume gets through you have a short 30 minute interview (mine was on campus), and then if you pass that you go to Seattle and have a full day of interviews there.

Interview Questions

• Design a popup modal for people from different cultures   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Application was straight forward with a cover letter, resume and other common questions. This was then followed up by an online interview where you had to answer some questions, mostly standard ones like name your best qualities etc. After that it was an assessment centre involving two presentations and one final interview with one of the managers. As a note they included both in the same day.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you had to change something unexpectedly about a project and tell me about that experience?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Gave resume to recruiter at job fair, about a month later I did an interview in person at my school, about two weeks later got invited to hiring day. The interviewers were friendly, smart, and the questions weren't extremely difficult

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Talked through the phone, asked behavioral questions and one technical question. Interviewer was a developer himself so the conversation went smooth. We talked about my programming languages preferences, and he decided to go in depth with C.

He asked me trivial questions about memory management and garbage collection, explain a computational concept to a youngling, and then we talked a lot about their work environment. The interview was very positive and relaxed overall.

Interview Questions

• Given 9 marbles that look the same but one weights slightly more, and a scale you can only use twice, how can you find out which marble is the heavier one?   1 Answer