Microsoft Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

Updated 16 Mar, 2015

3.2

Hardware Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in February 2015.

Interview

One round of phone interview, conducted by an Engineer in technical division. No process of background checking with HR. Just go through my resume and asked related technique questions. Followed by a few behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you wanna get a further experience which closely related to your academic background or be flexible to do something maybe not that related.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

On campus recruiting event for hardware engineer at Microsoft.

Got an email from the HR regarding the on-campus interview and signed up for a 30 minutes time slot.
    Interview was mostly on the resume, past experience, project experience, intern experience with a focus on the technical side. Fairly simple and easy.

Interview Questions

• What was the most technical job you have worked on?   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Got an on-campus interview. Questions were general and did an walk-through of my resume. But was not able to match me to a group for further consideration of interview. The interview was ok though.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I talked to them during career fair and about 1 month later they gave me a campus interview. The interview was 30 minutes and the recruiter I was talking to is friendly.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in November 2014.

Interview

Microsoft comes to my campus, and I was invited to a campus interview because I submitted my resume a few weeks ago. Met one on one, the interviewer is an Indian hardware verification engineer in Microsoft. Questions are mostly related to the Operating System. He asked me to describe how scheduler in the real world works, and in low level, how interrupt works. I guess my description about the interrupt was not quite accurate, and I was not prepared to answer this type of questions. He also asked about what's the most impressive project I have done and why.

Interview Questions

• Assume I do not know anything about interrupt, explain to me what interrupt is and how it works.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft in October 2014.

Interview

Initial interview on campus. Talked about experience, and asked questions regarding knowledge & skills indicated on resume. Questions are basic, such as advantages and disadvantages of FPGA, difference between BJT and CMOS, what I gained from my extra curriculum and leadership activities, etc. Although I failed to remember things from the smith chart...

Hardware Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through online, was contacted 1 month later to set up phone interview. Had phone interview, plenty of technical topics including Classes, Linked-lists, diodes, Verilog, logic gates. Asked about a time I built a circuit with a group. Was contacted about a month later with generic rejection email

Interview Questions

• Explain methods of virtual inheritance as best as you can   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Interview

The process is very simple. By the way, this interview is in school. It should take around 30 minutes, but for me it took only around 20 minutes. It is very straight forward. Three questions are waiting for you. From the point view of today, the questions are quite simple. All about transistors and gates.

Interview Questions

• Half the frequency of clock   1 Answer

Hardware Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in September 2014.

Interview

It is a phone interview. The interviewer was not a technical engineer but a HR. He asked some general questions. He was focusing on my resume and raised some questions on it. The HR seems have no great interest on my resume. He ends the interview in 20 mins. Lots of classmates also have this interview chances and most of them failed.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Interviewed on campus