Microsoft Financial Analyst Interview Questions

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Microsoft.

phone interview. 3 questions. then I ask

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Financial Analyst Interview

It was a straight forward interview. I was first contacted thru my school career center. It was a smooth interview.

Interview Questions

I got a better offer in a different company

Financial Analyst Interview

Had one screening interview with the company and then was flown out for a "super day" of interviews. The first initial screening interview was more general of questions about my background, why I wanted to work there, and why I thought Microsoft had made different strategic decisions in the past. Then each of the interviews at the "super day" were mostly "fit" questions, except there were definitely questions regarding what was currently going on at Microsoft and one business case type question (on how you would think about going into a certain product or not). Therefore, I recommend reading up on current news articles about the company. I also recommend being prepared with a lot of questions to ask interviewers because every interviewer gives time to ask them questions.

Interview Questions
    • Questions regarding their most recent 10-K or 10-Q   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

This role in fact is a PM role, just finance related. Interviewed for PM questions, talking about resources, projects and so on.

Interview Questions
    • PM question, how to act before leadership to get a project fulfilled.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Microsoft in November 2011.

This was a long process beginning with campus recruiting. That was very much a case type interview that required no prep. I was invited to final round interviews in the greater Seattle area. MS' talent sourcing group did all the leg work in arranging my travel and accommodations. The company was very welcoming to recruits and made the day of interviews as pleasant as possible. It made for a long day consisting of 4 different interviews with various levels of company personal. Surprisingly, the interviews with the higher level personnel were easier than the one with the more junior personnel. Three of the four were conversational and the fourth was a business case to see how well a new hire would think on their feet. Overall, it was a great experience and I was pretty bummed it didn't work out. Oh well.

Interview Questions
    • Which of these three cars would you chose to buy and why? How would you go about making your decision?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in March 2011.

Simple phone interview consisting of basic questions as well as behavioral questions to test basic skills and interpersonal comfort levels. Questions determined work ethic as well as how you would typically fit in with the rest of the account team. Second interview was with Account Managers with whom I would be working with.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Microsoft in February 2011.

First round interviews occurred on campus at the University. The interview was 1:1 and consisted mostly of behavior interview questions. There was one technical question testing understanding of finance. At the end of the interview I was told I would hear back from Microsoft shortly. I was then offered a final round interview in Seattle. I traveled to Microsoft HQ a couple of weeks later. Final round interviews were four 1:1 interviews that were both behavioral and technical.

Interview Questions
    • (Given 4 financial statements) Microsoft is about to roll out a new Star Wars game on Xbox to promote usage of the Xbox Kinect. How would you price the product and evaluate the project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in August 2010.

Interview scheduled through my recruiting agency. First phone interview for about 30 minutes and later in-person for about 45minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your most recent project experience?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your technical experience including tools you most experienced with during project at your previous employer?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in January 2010.

I was contacted by Recruiter for this open contract position at microsoft and from there took a few weeks before i came for a face to face interview with hiring manager. After passing the phase 1 of the interview, i was contacted for a second round and it also took few weeks before it happened. And the second interview was harder than the first with more technical questions. After my second interview, a week passed before i got the result but the paperwork took a while to complete.

Interview Questions
    Yes, i got quite a huge bump up from my original offer and advice i would give is to take your time when offered and have a second offer as backup plan so can negotiate better.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Microsoft in December 2008.

long, frustrating. mistakes made by HR. No follow up by HR or hiring manager. Not a good experience.

Interview Questions

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!