Micron Technology Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated 31 Aug, 2014

2.7

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

phone interview about one hour and one day onsite interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Micron Technology

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Micron Technology in April 2013.

The position is for Modeling and Optimisation Software Engineer. There are 2 rounds of interview, first round is with team leader, second round is with department manager. First round question is simple, just some sorting, I just gave a few sorting algorithms, e.g. merge sort, quick sort, heap sort, etc. Second round question is more relax and more about behavior, like "if a train stopped because of some issue how to know what the root cause is"..

Interview Questions

Feel like cannot grow fast in the company as an Software Engineer...

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boise, ID (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Micron Technology in October 2012.

I met them at a campus career fair previous semester. The guy recognized me as I was their career-host. He asked me if I was free for an interview. The first interview was at our campus. There were two guys. Started with personal question, 'tell me about yourself'. Then he went on to C programming. He asked me about bound checking in arrays. If you have a nxn character array and if you have to access a random element in the given random array, how do you do it. I said for eg a 3rd character in a 4th array is a[4][3]. Then he asked me to give a different method. I couldn't. The other method is if you know the address of the first element you can calculate the others since arrays are stored in contiguous locations. He asked me about my technical projects. He asked me about experience with linux. I had none. I think this was the main issue. They looked disappointed when I said no. Apart from that, the other questions were not too hard. He also asked how recursive functions stored their data. I said stacks. that was correct.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was when he asked about the character array as described above.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Micron Technology in April 2011.

Initially was called by HR to set up a phone interview with the manager. The questions were based on the skills mentioned on my resume , C programming , memory management and Linux. Cleared the round and was called onsite. Onsite interview consisted of three 1:1 rounds. Questions were technical based on memory interfacing and generic coding . There were some behavioral questions as well .

Interview Questions

Worked for Micron Technology? Contribute to the Community!