Michaels Stores

Getting the Interview

21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Replenishment Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview Details applied online then called not to long after came in was told what the job entailed and if I was interested.

Interview Question – Willing to work at 4 a.m. physical activity.   Answer Question

Middletown, RI (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview Details Was contacted by phone after filling out an online application. Scheduled an interview for two days later, went in and was hired.

Interview Question – Wasn't asked a difficult question but was asked to work some very unpleasant hours.   View Answer

San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2012.

Interview Details Applied online, got a call to come in about a week and a half later. Had a short one on one with the hiring manager, who offered me a job at the end. Told to come in a few days later with a group to pretty much go over details and specifics of the job. Started work a few days later.

Interview Question – A time your boss told you to do something that you disagreed with   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Sebring, FL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Michaels Stores in June 2013.

Interview Details Applied online, got a call to come in, had a one on one interview with the store manager, was called back a few days later for orientation.

Interview Question – They were all pretty basic questions.   Answer Question

Replenishment Associate
Altamonte Springs, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2010.

Interview Details It was very easy. The Manager was friendly and it took around five minutes. Asked the standard interview questions, and made me feel confident I got the job even though it was my first interview ever

Interview Question – There were no questions that struck me as difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Replenishment Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview Details The interview process is a fairly simple one. The hiring manager will ask you a few questions about your feelings on customers and waking up early in the morning. Replenishers turnover very quickly, you will be hired as long as you're persistent and accommodating.

Interview Question – There will be no difficult or unexpected questions. The hiring process is very vanilla.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase.

San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Michaels Stores in May 2013.

Interview Details I applied online Thursday night and got a call Monday morning for a Wednesday interview. It was an easy interview. I arrived 15 minutes early and got to talk to the replenishment manager for a few minutes. She told me the basic outline for what the job entailed. Then the store manager came in and asked me the general interview questions such as "tell me about yourself", "was there a time when you had to do multiple things at once", and "what do you plan to do with your degree". I was nervous because it was my first interview ever, but it was a good experience.

Interview Question – What procedure have you learned that you always had to follow by?   Answer Question

Replenishment Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview Details Interviewed by store manager. Positive experience. No hard or too personal questions

Interview Question – Questions about problems related to a managers position even if i was applying for framers position.   Answer Question

Gainesville, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in February 2013.

Interview Details I applied online for sales associate and about a week later I got a call saying they had a replenishment position open. I agreed to interview and the process was super quick. They asked did I know planograms and maybe a couple more questions. The interview was so quick that I thought I did bad and they werent interested however later on that day I got a call offering me the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Didn't care what I got 8.25 was good enough for me.

Wilmington, NC (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores in August 2012.

Interview Details Applied online and got an e-mail about a week later telling me to call and set up an interview. The interview was very casual and only about 20 mins. Basically he told me about the job and asked a few questions about. Was offered the job a few hours later when he called me back.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. He told me what they paid and I accepted.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Michaels Stores

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Michaels Stores Replenishment Associate interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by Michaels Stores employees and interview candidates.