Michaels Stores

Getting the Interview

223 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Unknown At Time of Interview Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview Details There was a hiring blitz because a new store was opening. I had just recently lost my previous job so this came at the perfect time. I had to spend some time wandering around the store despite the fact that I was on time because the interview before me ran late. I sat down and had my turn finally. Manager told me about the store, when it was opening, when the job was starting. She didn't really give me any time to ask any questions, it seemed that she had already hired me in her mind as soon as she saw that I didn't have a hunchback or a club foot.

Interview Question – Like I said, there weren't any questions.   Answer Question

Replenishment/Customer Service/Cashier/Floral Production Interview

Waterloo, ON

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in April 2012.

Interview Details Submitted application on the website, got a call the week after. Wore tidy casual, eg beige dress pants, collared black dress shirt. Manager was nice, professional. Interview was easy. Got it on the spot.

Interview Question – Nothing, actually.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, it is a basic position.

Cashier/Stocking/Customer Service Interview

Cashier/Stocking/Customer Service
Brockville, ON

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2012.

Interview Details They phoned to set up the interview. I went in and completed it with the framing manager. A week later they called to offer me the position

Interview Question – How many times should an employee be late before they are disciplined?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Vancouver, BC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2010.

Interview Details online test that im sure was longer than any SAT test. Absolutely pointless, had no bearing on the interview what so ever. its like they wanted to see if i was willing to waste my time in order to be considered for the job

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Battle Creek, MI (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores in February 2013.

Interview Details Personal interview and hired

Interview Question – Is management too demanding for the compensation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it

Replenishment Interview

Gainesville, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores in March 2014.

Interview Details Applied online and received a call for an interview about 2 weeks later. Interview was a few days after the phone call and lasted 10-15 minutes. Only real question that was asked was if I was willing to work early morning hours. Got a call about a week later telling me which date orientation was.

Sales Associate/Cashier/Replenishment Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Michaels Stores in July 2013.

Interview Details I received a phone call the day after I submitted the application. I was told who to speak with and when. Interview was straight forward and relaxed professional. I was hired at the end of the interview and told to buy my uniform (basic pants and shirt from anywhere) and when to come in for training.

Interview Question – I cannot recall exactly. It was one of those "What would you do?" kind of questions probably and it was a moral vs business dilemma.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview Details mostly situational questions. some behavioral and past employee experiences. Roughly 30 minutes. Managers have a worksheet that has all the questions to ask the employee.

Interview Question – Very standard.   Answer Question

Replenishment Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview Details applied online then called not to long after came in was told what the job entailed and if I was interested.

Interview Question – Willing to work at 4 a.m. physical activity.   Answer Question

Replenishment Associate
Middletown, RI (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview Details Was contacted by phone after filling out an online application. Scheduled an interview for two days later, went in and was hired.

Interview Question – Wasn't asked a difficult question but was asked to work some very unpleasant hours.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Michaels Stores

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Michaels Stores interview questions and advice. All 223 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Michaels Stores employees and interview candidates.