Michaels Stores

Getting the Interview

221 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Unknown At Time of Interview Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview Details There was a hiring blitz because a new store was opening. I had just recently lost my previous job so this came at the perfect time. I had to spend some time wandering around the store despite the fact that I was on time because the interview before me ran late. I sat down and had my turn finally. Manager told me about the store, when it was opening, when the job was starting. She didn't really give me any time to ask any questions, it seemed that she had already hired me in her mind as soon as she saw that I didn't have a hunchback or a club foot.

Interview Question – Like I said, there weren't any questions.   Answer Question

Replenishment/Customer Service/Cashier/Floral Production Interview

Waterloo, ON

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in April 2012.

Interview Details Submitted application on the website, got a call the week after. Wore tidy casual, eg beige dress pants, collared black dress shirt. Manager was nice, professional. Interview was easy. Got it on the spot.

Interview Question – Nothing, actually.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, it is a basic position.

Cashier/Stocking/Customer Service Interview

Cashier/Stocking/Customer Service
Brockville, ON

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2012.

Interview Details They phoned to set up the interview. I went in and completed it with the framing manager. A week later they called to offer me the position

Interview Question – How many times should an employee be late before they are disciplined?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Vancouver, BC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2010.

Interview Details online test that im sure was longer than any SAT test. Absolutely pointless, had no bearing on the interview what so ever. its like they wanted to see if i was willing to waste my time in order to be considered for the job

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier/Replenishment Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Michaels Stores in July 2013.

Interview Details I received a phone call the day after I submitted the application. I was told who to speak with and when. Interview was straight forward and relaxed professional. I was hired at the end of the interview and told to buy my uniform (basic pants and shirt from anywhere) and when to come in for training.

Interview Question – I cannot recall exactly. It was one of those "What would you do?" kind of questions probably and it was a moral vs business dilemma.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview Details mostly situational questions. some behavioral and past employee experiences. Roughly 30 minutes. Managers have a worksheet that has all the questions to ask the employee.

Interview Question – Very standard.   Answer Question

Replenishment Associate Interview

Replenishment Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview Details applied online then called not to long after came in was told what the job entailed and if I was interested.

Interview Question – Willing to work at 4 a.m. physical activity.   Answer Question

Replenishment Associate Interview

Replenishment Associate
Middletown, RI (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview Details Was contacted by phone after filling out an online application. Scheduled an interview for two days later, went in and was hired.

Interview Question – Wasn't asked a difficult question but was asked to work some very unpleasant hours.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview Details You have to fill out the application online, you can't just hand in resume at the store with the manager. It was a simple interview, about 45 minutes in length, basic interview questions, focused on experience with customer service. They asked the popular questions asked and I had to complete an aptitude test.

Interview Question – when did you make a change that you were given a resistance from   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier
Waterbury, CT (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Michaels Stores in November 2013.

Interview Details After applying online on a whim in July, I actually forgot I applied to Michaels. Which is why I was surprised when (four months later) I received a phone call from the Assistant Manager at the store. She asked me if I was still interested in working at the store, and I said yes. We set up an interview on the phone, and that was that. I went in for the interview with a copy of my resume and a cover letter, completely unsure of what I should expect.

The Assistant Manager lead me into the classroom, offered me a seat, and I handed her my resume. She looked through it for a few minutes, commented on some stuff, asked a few questions about specific things, and then called in the Store Manager. She walked in, introduced herself, and the two of them started giving me a run-down of the job.

They didn't ask too many questions, I figured it was because I had all of my information down in the resume. They finished up, saying they would call me by the following Friday (exactly 7 days from the interview) with their decision.

The interview itself took about 20 minutes.

I received a call from them about 10 days after the interview, asking me if I would be willing to join the team. I agreed, and began working as a Cashier the following week

Interview Question – Would you be willing to clean the bathrooms?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Michaels Stores

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Michaels Stores interview questions and advice. All 221 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Michaels Stores employees and interview candidates.