Michaels Stores Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.0

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores in August 2014.

Applied online 6 days ago. Was called yesterday and asked some basic questions on the phone (what's your availability like? what crafts do you like?) and was asked to come in for an interview today and was offered a job on the spot. All in all, the experience was very pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • How have you dealt with difficult customers in the past?   Answer Question

Replenishment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orleans, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orleans, ON

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in June 2014.

Applied online and got a call for an interview 4 days later to be held 2 days later. Front end supervisor and replenishment associate both interviewed me at the same time and was fairly laid back. The only issue I've had personally was that they overplayed their "We'll contact you if you're selected." line.

Interview Questions
    • How would you react if you ever disagreed with a manager?   Answer Question

Framing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Very easy. I don't think I was asked anything besides what arts or crafts I was interested in. The position was for framing and I seemed capable as far as helping customers and being responsible in general. The process began with the online test and took me around an hour to complete. Questions like "do you think stealing is wrong" or similar.

Nothing was negotiable.

Unknown At Time of Interview Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

There was a hiring blitz because a new store was opening. I had just recently lost my previous job so this came at the perfect time. I had to spend some time wandering around the store despite the fact that I was on time because the interview before me ran late. I sat down and had my turn finally. Manager told me about the store, when it was opening, when the job was starting. She didn't really give me any time to ask any questions, it seemed that she had already hired me in her mind as soon as she saw that I didn't have a hunchback or a club foot.

Replenishment/Customer Service/Cashier/Floral Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waterloo, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in April 2012.

Submitted application on the website, got a call the week after. Wore tidy casual, eg beige dress pants, collared black dress shirt. Manager was nice, professional. Interview was easy. Got it on the spot.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, it is a basic position.

Cashier/Stocking/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brockville, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brockville, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2012.

They phoned to set up the interview. I went in and completed it with the framing manager. A week later they called to offer me the position

Interview Questions
    • How many times should an employee be late before they are disciplined?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2010.

online test that im sure was longer than any SAT test. Absolutely pointless, had no bearing on the interview what so ever. its like they wanted to see if i was willing to waste my time in order to be considered for the job

Replenishment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fresno, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in September 2014.

One on one interview - basic questions. As long as you are comfortable doing physical work. Make sure you mention that. Make sure to answer clearly and positively, and that you are available at night. They'll ask if you know the basic tasks and if you can accomplish lifting, loading, climbing, and lots of walking.

Framing Manager Interview

Pretty straightforward, I applied internally from another position. I completed a phone interview with the district manager as she was out of town. I then Interviewed with current manager and the assistant manager together the same day. I was told about the increase in pay and offered the job two days later.

Interview Questions
    • None. All were pretty much expected. Mostly dealing with employees and interacting with customers. Brush up on company policies if you are unfamiliar.   Answer Question
    There was not really any negotiation. The pay scale was based on my current pay and then raised according to how much higher the management position was from that.

Sales Associate/Cashier/Replenishment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  La Habra, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Habra, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Michaels Stores in September 2014.

I was surprised by a group interview, the last time I went (2-4 years ago) they only used to do one on one interviews. So be prepared for that. Also, they will ask everyone different questions, try to stay calm and try to think of multiple ways of answering. Make yourself sound resourceful, I made the mistake of answering too quickly because I was a little nervous. The interviewers try to be friendly and remind you to smile the entire time. Try to avoid saying "Um" "Like" a lot. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • If you're not keeping up, what do you do?   View Answer

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!