Michaels Stores

Updated 14 Dec, 2014

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saskatoon, SK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saskatoon, SK

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2014.

I applied online and couple days later I got a call back. I went in and the woman was very nice. No unusual questions. She asked about my previous work experience.

Interview Questions
    She just said that she was going to give me a chance to work for them and asked when I could start. I start on cash. 11/hour.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores in August 2014.

Applied online 6 days ago. Was called yesterday and asked some basic questions on the phone (what's your availability like? what crafts do you like?) and was asked to come in for an interview today and was offered a job on the spot. All in all, the experience was very pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • How have you dealt with difficult customers in the past?   Answer Question

Framing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michaels Stores.

Very easy. I don't think I was asked anything besides what arts or crafts I was interested in. The position was for framing and I seemed capable as far as helping customers and being responsible in general. The process began with the online test and took me around an hour to complete. Questions like "do you think stealing is wrong" or similar.

Nothing was negotiable.

Replenishment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orleans, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orleans, ON

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Michaels Stores in June 2014.

Applied online and got a call for an interview 4 days later to be held 2 days later. Front end supervisor and replenishment associate both interviewed me at the same time and was fairly laid back. The only issue I've had personally was that they overplayed their "We'll contact you if you're selected." line.

Interview Questions
    • How would you react if you ever disagreed with a manager?   Answer Question

Unknown At Time of Interview Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michaels Stores.

There was a hiring blitz because a new store was opening. I had just recently lost my previous job so this came at the perfect time. I had to spend some time wandering around the store despite the fact that I was on time because the interview before me ran late. I sat down and had my turn finally. Manager told me about the store, when it was opening, when the job was starting. She didn't really give me any time to ask any questions, it seemed that she had already hired me in her mind as soon as she saw that I didn't have a hunchback or a club foot.

Cashier/Stocking/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brockville, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brockville, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2012.

They phoned to set up the interview. I went in and completed it with the framing manager. A week later they called to offer me the position

Interview Questions
    • How many times should an employee be late before they are disciplined?   View Answer

Replenishment/Customer Service/Cashier/Floral Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Michaels Stores in April 2012.

Submitted application on the website, got a call the week after. Wore tidy casual, eg beige dress pants, collared black dress shirt. Manager was nice, professional. Interview was easy. Got it on the spot.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, it is a basic position.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Michaels Stores in April 2012.

They have this little sheet that they ask questions off of most of it was typical but the person interviewing me was extremely nosy and liked putting people on the spot.

I came on time for my interview but the person they had lined up before me was late (wandering around the store for 40 minutes and didn't tell anybody he was there to be interviewed) so I had to go wait around for 20 minutes so he could have his interview first which really made me feel like not even coming back for my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Her:"Oh why can't you work Sundays?"
      Me: "I go to church"
      Her: "Oh! what religion are you?" (YOU DON'T ASK PEOPLE THAT)
      Me: ".....I'm a Jehovah's Witness"
      Her: "I have a friend who's a Jehovah!" (If she legitimately had a friend who was in my religion she would know that is an ignorant thing to say)
      Me: "Oh.. cool"

Her: "So since you're "one of them" can you still touch our seasonal stuff since it'll be Christmas, Halloween and Easter?"
      Me: "Yeah, I have no problem with those holidays, I just don't celebrate them".
      Her: "Oh okay then"

View Answer
    I told her I wanted to make at least $10.50 but she said no and gave me minimum wage ($9.90 at the time).

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2010.

online test that im sure was longer than any SAT test. Absolutely pointless, had no bearing on the interview what so ever. its like they wanted to see if i was willing to waste my time in order to be considered for the job

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Michaels Stores in July 2010.

I went through 5 interviews for this job consisting of telephone and face to face interviews. They have a thorough interview process. I think they are just trying to make sure they are hiring the right person and it is the right fit.

Interview Questions
    • I always find the most difficult question to answer is "why do you want to work here?" because you don't know if what you think you know about the company is true.   Answer Question
    Simple.