Michaels Stores Interview Questions

Updated 23 Oct, 2014
Updated 23 Oct, 2014

2.0

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores in August 2014.

Applied online 6 days ago. Was called yesterday and asked some basic questions on the phone (what's your availability like? what crafts do you like?) and was asked to come in for an interview today and was offered a job on the spot. All in all, the experience was very pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • How have you dealt with difficult customers in the past?   Answer Question

Framing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michaels Stores.

Very easy. I don't think I was asked anything besides what arts or crafts I was interested in. The position was for framing and I seemed capable as far as helping customers and being responsible in general. The process began with the online test and took me around an hour to complete. Questions like "do you think stealing is wrong" or similar.

Nothing was negotiable.

Replenishment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orleans, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orleans, ON

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Michaels Stores in June 2014.

Applied online and got a call for an interview 4 days later to be held 2 days later. Front end supervisor and replenishment associate both interviewed me at the same time and was fairly laid back. The only issue I've had personally was that they overplayed their "We'll contact you if you're selected." line.

Interview Questions
    • How would you react if you ever disagreed with a manager?   Answer Question

Unknown At Time of Interview Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michaels Stores.

There was a hiring blitz because a new store was opening. I had just recently lost my previous job so this came at the perfect time. I had to spend some time wandering around the store despite the fact that I was on time because the interview before me ran late. I sat down and had my turn finally. Manager told me about the store, when it was opening, when the job was starting. She didn't really give me any time to ask any questions, it seemed that she had already hired me in her mind as soon as she saw that I didn't have a hunchback or a club foot.

Cashier/Stocking/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brockville, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brockville, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2012.

They phoned to set up the interview. I went in and completed it with the framing manager. A week later they called to offer me the position

Interview Questions
    • How many times should an employee be late before they are disciplined?   View Answer

Replenishment/Customer Service/Cashier/Floral Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Michaels Stores in April 2012.

Submitted application on the website, got a call the week after. Wore tidy casual, eg beige dress pants, collared black dress shirt. Manager was nice, professional. Interview was easy. Got it on the spot.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, it is a basic position.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2010.

online test that im sure was longer than any SAT test. Absolutely pointless, had no bearing on the interview what so ever. its like they wanted to see if i was willing to waste my time in order to be considered for the job

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Michaels Stores in July 2010.

I went through 5 interviews for this job consisting of telephone and face to face interviews. They have a thorough interview process. I think they are just trying to make sure they are hiring the right person and it is the right fit.

Interview Questions
    • I always find the most difficult question to answer is "why do you want to work here?" because you don't know if what you think you know about the company is true.   Answer Question
    Simple.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores.

I applied online and went into an hour-long group interview. I was only there with two other interviewees and a manager and supervisor were there to interview us. They asked us if we had already filled out the application (which we all had) and then they had us write down our names and the position we were interested in. The two ladies who were interviewing us were super nice and funny and laidback, which was good. They basically just explained each job description and talking a little about the different classes that they offered for different positions. We then played two truths and a lie, which I really wasn't expecting. And then after that, they just explained some stuff more and asked if we had any questions, which they were good about answering.

Interview Questions
    • We weren't really asked any questions. It was mostly them talking and us asking some clarifying questions about different positions and hours.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. That part was also pretty straightforward and quick. They called a few days after the group interview and asked if I wanted the job. I said yes, and I went in the following Friday to get set up.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Michaels Stores.

The interview process consist of two interviews. One with the assistant manager and then the store manager. They ask behavior questions. They also explain to you what your role would be at the store.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult. They were behavioral, you just need to prepare for them.   Answer Question