Michaels Stores

Relevance Date Difficulty

Replenishment Associate Interview

Replenishment Associate
Orleans, ON

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in June 2014.

Interview Details Applied online and got a call for an interview 4 days later to be held 2 days later. Front end supervisor and replenishment associate both interviewed me at the same time and was fairly laid back. The only issue I've had personally was that they overplayed their "We'll contact you if you're selected." line.

Interview Question – How would you react if you ever disagreed with a manager?   Answer Question

Framing Associate Interview

Framing Associate
North Vancouver, BC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview Details Very easy. I don't think I was asked anything besides what arts or crafts I was interested in. The position was for framing and I seemed capable as far as helping customers and being responsible in general. The process began with the online test and took me around an hour to complete. Questions like "do you think stealing is wrong" or similar.

Negotiation Details – Nothing was negotiable.

Unknown At Time of Interview Interview

Unknown At Time of Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview Details There was a hiring blitz because a new store was opening. I had just recently lost my previous job so this came at the perfect time. I had to spend some time wandering around the store despite the fact that I was on time because the interview before me ran late. I sat down and had my turn finally. Manager told me about the store, when it was opening, when the job was starting. She didn't really give me any time to ask any questions, it seemed that she had already hired me in her mind as soon as she saw that I didn't have a hunchback or a club foot.

Interview Question – Like I said, there weren't any questions.   Answer Question

Replenishment/Customer Service/Cashier/Floral Production Interview

Replenishment/Customer Service/Cashier/Floral Production
Waterloo, ON

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in April 2012.

Interview Details Submitted application on the website, got a call the week after. Wore tidy casual, eg beige dress pants, collared black dress shirt. Manager was nice, professional. Interview was easy. Got it on the spot.

Interview Question – Nothing, actually.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, it is a basic position.

Cashier/Stocking/Customer Service Interview

Cashier/Stocking/Customer Service
Brockville, ON

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2012.

Interview Details They phoned to set up the interview. I went in and completed it with the framing manager. A week later they called to offer me the position

Interview Question – How many times should an employee be late before they are disciplined?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Vancouver, BC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2010.

Interview Details online test that im sure was longer than any SAT test. Absolutely pointless, had no bearing on the interview what so ever. its like they wanted to see if i was willing to waste my time in order to be considered for the job

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Michaels Stores in February 2014.

Interview Details They sat me down and it felt more like I was chatting with a friend, and asked me why I felt I was prepared to work here. There were times when I felt that this interview was more of a getting to know you experience. I was extremely overqualified for the position but had recently been let go by my previous employer.

Interview Question – Describe a time in which you have had to deal with a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Sale Associate/Cashier Interview

Sale Associate/Cashier
Staten Island, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2013.

Interview Details call for an interview within a day or 2 from filling out the application on line. 5 minute interview with some really simple questions. Was offered a job right on the spot

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores in July 2014.

Interview Details Frist there is a math/comprehension test online that is more complicated than necessary. Two interviews for a position that I didn't apply for. A phone call to determine time then a basic interview with non personal questions.

Interview Question – Can you come into work at 3am and unload trucks for $8 an hour   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – 3am and not the position applied for

Very Difficult Interview

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores in August 2011.

Interview Details You have to turn in a letter of interest along with a resume. Then you are at some point given an interview time. I was at work when I was told that my interview would be the next morning. When I gave my letter of interest I was told nothing. About a week before the interview even though I did not know the exact date the manager handed me some papers and said to read them. That was it. I did ask another manager what I should know because there was nothing in the papers I was given to let me know how to prepare for the interview. The papers only showed what modules you would be learning when hired.

Interview Question – The first question was "If you are not hired for this position will you quit?"   View Answers (2)

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!