Michaels Stores Interview Questions

Updated 26 Jul, 2015

1.9

I Was Told Sales Experience I Would Shine At Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Bay, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Michaels Stores (North Bay, ON).

Interview

Personality test we took, just over an hour it did take to answer, I was hired on the spot, so happy to have me she said as a great fit I would be for this company when Michael's the arts and crafts store came to my city in the fall of 2014.

Interview Questions

• Wasn't asked anything, test stood on it's own   1 Answer

Replenishment Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

Pnline survey and then interview it was pretty easy to do the online survey but it took a bit to do.Im just hopping that the math questions were ok. Just want to see what others thought of working there..

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

I applied online and got a call for an interview about a week later. The interview itself was pretty casual and informal, nothing too special in particular. Questions were mostly behavioural and whether I had prior experience in arts and crafts etc. The manager just outlined what the general duties are and expectations they have for the role. I got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with someone?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

extremely long application process, don't usually hire new people I'm guessing at my location. they'll probably email or give you a call to set up an interview. then they'll let you know if you're accepted or not

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saskatoon, SK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Saskatoon, SK) in October-2014.

Interview

I applied online and couple days later I got a call back. I went in and the woman was very nice. No unusual questions. She asked about my previous work experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

She just said that she was going to give me a chance to work for them and asked when I could start. I start on cash. 11/hour.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Michaels Stores in August-2014.

Interview

Applied online 6 days ago. Was called yesterday and asked some basic questions on the phone (what's your availability like? what crafts do you like?) and was asked to come in for an interview today and was offered a job on the spot. All in all, the experience was very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with difficult customers in the past?   Answer Question

Framing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michaels Stores (North Vancouver, BC).

Interview

Very easy. I don't think I was asked anything besides what arts or crafts I was interested in. The position was for framing and I seemed capable as far as helping customers and being responsible in general. The process began with the online test and took me around an hour to complete. Questions like "do you think stealing is wrong" or similar.

Negotiation

Nothing was negotiable.

Replenishment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orleans, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Orleans, ON) in June-2014.

Interview

Applied online and got a call for an interview 4 days later to be held 2 days later. Front end supervisor and replenishment associate both interviewed me at the same time and was fairly laid back. The only issue I've had personally was that they overplayed their "We'll contact you if you're selected." line.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if you ever disagreed with a manager?   Answer Question

Unknown At Time of Interview Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview

There was a hiring blitz because a new store was opening. I had just recently lost my previous job so this came at the perfect time. I had to spend some time wandering around the store despite the fact that I was on time because the interview before me ran late. I sat down and had my turn finally. Manager told me about the store, when it was opening, when the job was starting. She didn't really give me any time to ask any questions, it seemed that she had already hired me in her mind as soon as she saw that I didn't have a hunchback or a club foot.

Cashier/Stocking/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brockville, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Michaels Stores (Brockville, ON) in October-2012.

Interview

They phoned to set up the interview. I went in and completed it with the framing manager. A week later they called to offer me the position

Interview Questions

• How many times should an employee be late before they are disciplined?   1 Answer