Michaels Stores

Relevance Date Difficulty

Replenishment Associate Interview

Replenishment Associate
Orleans, ON

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in June 2014.

Interview Details Applied online and got a call for an interview 4 days later to be held 2 days later. Front end supervisor and replenishment associate both interviewed me at the same time and was fairly laid back. The only issue I've had personally was that they overplayed their "We'll contact you if you're selected." line.

Interview Question – How would you react if you ever disagreed with a manager?   Answer Question

Framing Associate Interview

Framing Associate
North Vancouver, BC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview Details Very easy. I don't think I was asked anything besides what arts or crafts I was interested in. The position was for framing and I seemed capable as far as helping customers and being responsible in general. The process began with the online test and took me around an hour to complete. Questions like "do you think stealing is wrong" or similar.

Negotiation Details – Nothing was negotiable.

Unknown At Time of Interview Interview

Unknown At Time of Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview Details There was a hiring blitz because a new store was opening. I had just recently lost my previous job so this came at the perfect time. I had to spend some time wandering around the store despite the fact that I was on time because the interview before me ran late. I sat down and had my turn finally. Manager told me about the store, when it was opening, when the job was starting. She didn't really give me any time to ask any questions, it seemed that she had already hired me in her mind as soon as she saw that I didn't have a hunchback or a club foot.

Interview Question – Like I said, there weren't any questions.   Answer Question

Replenishment/Customer Service/Cashier/Floral Production Interview

Replenishment/Customer Service/Cashier/Floral Production
Waterloo, ON

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in April 2012.

Interview Details Submitted application on the website, got a call the week after. Wore tidy casual, eg beige dress pants, collared black dress shirt. Manager was nice, professional. Interview was easy. Got it on the spot.

Interview Question – Nothing, actually.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, it is a basic position.

Cashier/Stocking/Customer Service Interview

Cashier/Stocking/Customer Service
Brockville, ON

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2012.

Interview Details They phoned to set up the interview. I went in and completed it with the framing manager. A week later they called to offer me the position

Interview Question – How many times should an employee be late before they are disciplined?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Vancouver, BC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2010.

Interview Details online test that im sure was longer than any SAT test. Absolutely pointless, had no bearing on the interview what so ever. its like they wanted to see if i was willing to waste my time in order to be considered for the job

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Moorestown, NJ (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Michaels Stores in November 2012.

Interview Details Called in for interview 2 months after applying. Initially started out as a seasonal employee and in January I was made a permanent employee. Asked about my hours availability and my experience. They were willing to train me on registers.

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Interview Details Online application, very easy, was called to come in the next day. One of the easier online applications I've filled out. The store manager interviewed me, it was short and sweet. Very basic questions.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Michael's?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2013.

Interview Details Called after completing an online application. In person interview was very basic and less than 15 minutes. Mostly to confirm that you will show up and aren't a total nutcase.

Interview Question – Everything was reasonable.   Answer Question

Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores in July 2014.

Interview Details I got a voicemail from the store and then when I called back they asked if I was still interested to work for them and then I replied yes and they asked if I wanted an interview and I replied yes again. When I went in for the interview everyone was very nice and they pulled me into the office for like 5 minutes explaining how they would train me and my pay and then they only asked who I knew that worked there and then what would I do with a customer who is cranky about only being able to use one coupon then she said they were offering me a job and got my info and gave me a training date.

Interview Question – There was only one question and it was super easy I barely had to think.   Answer Question

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!