Michaels Stores Interview Questions

Updated 19 Sep, 2014
Updated 19 Sep, 2014

2.0

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Michaels Stores in August 2014.

Applied online 6 days ago. Was called yesterday and asked some basic questions on the phone (what's your availability like? what crafts do you like?) and was asked to come in for an interview today and was offered a job on the spot. All in all, the experience was very pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • How have you dealt with difficult customers in the past?   Answer Question

Framing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

Very easy. I don't think I was asked anything besides what arts or crafts I was interested in. The position was for framing and I seemed capable as far as helping customers and being responsible in general. The process began with the online test and took me around an hour to complete. Questions like "do you think stealing is wrong" or similar.

Nothing was negotiable.

Replenishment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orleans, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orleans, ON

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in June 2014.

Applied online and got a call for an interview 4 days later to be held 2 days later. Front end supervisor and replenishment associate both interviewed me at the same time and was fairly laid back. The only issue I've had personally was that they overplayed their "We'll contact you if you're selected." line.

Interview Questions
    • How would you react if you ever disagreed with a manager?   Answer Question

Unknown At Time of Interview Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

There was a hiring blitz because a new store was opening. I had just recently lost my previous job so this came at the perfect time. I had to spend some time wandering around the store despite the fact that I was on time because the interview before me ran late. I sat down and had my turn finally. Manager told me about the store, when it was opening, when the job was starting. She didn't really give me any time to ask any questions, it seemed that she had already hired me in her mind as soon as she saw that I didn't have a hunchback or a club foot.

Cashier/Stocking/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brockville, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brockville, ON

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2012.

They phoned to set up the interview. I went in and completed it with the framing manager. A week later they called to offer me the position

Interview Questions
    • How many times should an employee be late before they are disciplined?   View Answer

Replenishment/Customer Service/Cashier/Floral Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waterloo, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Michaels Stores in April 2012.

Submitted application on the website, got a call the week after. Wore tidy casual, eg beige dress pants, collared black dress shirt. Manager was nice, professional. Interview was easy. Got it on the spot.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, it is a basic position.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Michaels Stores in October 2010.

online test that im sure was longer than any SAT test. Absolutely pointless, had no bearing on the interview what so ever. its like they wanted to see if i was willing to waste my time in order to be considered for the job

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ottawa, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Michaels Stores in July 2010.

I went through 5 interviews for this job consisting of telephone and face to face interviews. They have a thorough interview process. I think they are just trying to make sure they are hiring the right person and it is the right fit.

Interview Questions
    • I always find the most difficult question to answer is "why do you want to work here?" because you don't know if what you think you know about the company is true.   Answer Question
    Simple.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Michaels Stores.

This may be an oddball experience, but an old acquaintance of mine was a manager (I had no idea she even worked here) and just so happened to come across my application. I didn't know she would be conducting the interview, much less that she even worked at the store, until I walked in the interviewing room. It was pretty awkward. She had a packet with several formulaic interview questions, such that assess one's customer service skill and behavior ("Describe a time when you had to help an angry customer" or "Do you enjoy working as part of a team?", plenty of "Why or why not?" questions, etc.). But because she knew me, she skipped over a lot of them. Lasted around 5 to 10 minutes. I got a happy call about 1 week later.

Interview Questions
    • Not so much a particular question that was difficult or unexpected, just the overall scenario of the interview.   View Answer
    She called about 1 week later and said, "Uh, we'd like you to be here next Monday for orientation. Is that cool?" and I was like, "Yeah, I guess."

Framing Manager Interview

Pretty straightforward, I applied internally from another position. I completed a phone interview with the district manager as she was out of town. I then Interviewed with current manager and the assistant manager together the same day. I was told about the increase in pay and offered the job two days later.

Interview Questions
    • None. All were pretty much expected. Mostly dealing with employees and interacting with customers. Brush up on company policies if you are unfamiliar.   Answer Question
    There was not really any negotiation. The pay scale was based on my current pay and then raised according to how much higher the management position was from that.

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!