MetLife

Updated 20 Jan, 2015
Updated 20 Jan, 2015

2.7

Java Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

There were a total of 6 rounds, all were behavioral questions and project related. First was HR round, for which third party hiring team is used. Then 2nd and 3rd were technical, where a lot about the prior work experience and their projects were discussed. 4th and 5th were BBIs. If you live within the area then it would be in-person otherwise they are video interviews. Last round is with VP

No negotiation

Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

Personal interview and telecon about process and domain, Personal interview and telecon about process and domain, Personal interview and telecon about process and domain, Personal interview and telecon about process and domain

Simple

Sales Trainee Program Interview

I was initially interviewed on campus where I was asked why sales? I had no idea, but was able to sell my motivation to succeed the employer. She became a little condescending, giving me backhanded compliments like, "you have a great personality, but I'm afraid you aren't tough enough". It was strategy. I advanced to the final round of interviews where 8 people were interviewing for about 3-4 slots. We interviewed with 6 different people for 30 minutes each, then had to give a presentation on something we were passionate about. Between rotations we were asked to "hang out" in the conference room with the facilitators of the process- some lower-level employees who assisted in the organization of the program. They told us to get to know them and be ourselves, but I think they were watching us closely.

MTU Tech Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MetLife.

Applied through their job portal. Got a mail asking for initial phone interview within 1.5 weeks. In the interview they asked some standard HR questions, like stength, teamwork etc. Also the guy talked about their training program and benefits. In the end he said he will schedule a online test soon. But even after 2 weeks I received no mail. Then I tried to contact them multiple times but no body bothered to even reply. Utterly unprofessional.

IT Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at MetLife.

Went thru total six interviews. One recruiter, two technical and rest BBI questions. Technical and BBI questions. Long drawn out process. Difficult process but positive result at the end.

Interview Questions
    • None were difficult but lot of BBI scenario questions.
      Tell me when you had to quickly do something for your supervisor.

Answer Question
    Got more than expected.

Oubound Team Interview

The interview process was great. The supervisor were very nice and they basically want to know about your customer service skills. They ask you about specific situation and behaviors.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question would be
      explain a situation where you did not provide the best customer service to a customer.
      They do not want you to say no I haven't because they want you to show how you learn from that experience.

Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at MetLife.

100% unprofessional hiring processes. Consistent lack of communication and response to messages from recruiter and hiring team. No one wanted to take ownership of situations and passed the buck repeatedly, I could never get a solid answer, and they dragged the process out 4 months. Most of the time, I had to do their job for them by calling FINRA about my licenses and getting my drug test information. Not a company I would want to join after the way they conducted this process.

Interview Questions
    • If talent and money were not an issue, what would be your dream job.   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

Applied through university. In-person interview was all behavioral questions, questions about the company. I got a call the next day to schedule an on-site interview in Aurora, IL. Second interview was also behavioral. I felt it went well, it was pretty easy and no technical or case questions. Got rejection e-mail the next morning.

Financial Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MetLife.

made you take an online assessmenet to see if your skills match what they need. after that, they will email you back saying you passed the threshold for the assessment and give you an interview pretty easy interview.. they just asked about myself and see if your a good fit. then she went on to explain metlife itlsef- the product it sells and what not. i felt like they were trying to sell me to work for them. i didn't want to work for commission

Interview Questions

position didn't match what i was looking for

Programmer Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MetLife.

Applying to MetLife or An American HORROR Story PART TWO
    (Please read Part One)

Part Three:
    Received email from HR after submitting application. ....they might've fixed up the email template by this time, I don't remember. In the email, the HR person offered a date and time for an interview that wasn't good for me. I replied to the email and offered a window that worked better for me. I offered a 3-hour negotiable time frame (I said I was available Tuesday between 3 and 6) and asked the HR person to let me know what time works best for her. No response, she just went ahead and called at 3 on Tuesday. I wasn't expecting the call and I wasn't home at the time. I called her back, left a message with the hope of rescheduling the interview. No call back, apparently the Human Resources person's time is too precious to be a helpful resource to Humans.
    Part Four: Applied for a position with the MetLife Technical University program. Initial phone interview went great (it was a different person than the HR person associated with the first three scenarios). The next part of the process was an online assessment. It was a general aptitude test/
    No problem, I've taken them before and I was confident.....Well, I was confident until I took the test. The company that Metlife chose to perform the test is based in the UK. No big deal, right? No, not until I got to the section on converting measurements and money. Since it was a UK based assessment, the units were metric and the money was in pound notes. I wasn't too fluent with kilometers and I've never used pound notes, shillings, or pence in monetary transactions, so I had trouble. There were word problems like: "If Ian wants to travel from North Devonshire to Glastonbury within a fortnight, and travels at a rate of 35 kilometers per hour on the M1..." (OK, I might be exaggerating with that example). I also had trouble computing the number of shillings in a pound note and how many kilometers it would take to travel from Picadilly Square to the Prime Minister's office.
    Surprisingly, I passed the assessment and was sent an email to complete an application and select a date and time for a face-to-face interview. The email stated I would receive a confirmation email with location and directions once the application was received. I completed the application the same day, selected the time that worked best for me and eagerly awaited my reply. (Can you guess what happens next?) Nothing. No email confirmation. The company isn't very good on providing phone numbers for the HR dept. and the website didn't have any HR contact info. I called the person whom I had the initial phone interview with, left a VM to find out what's going on, but never heard back.

OK, if I don't get a job there that's fine, but I would like to know who do I contact at MetLife to get compensation for all the time and effort I WASTED on your stupid asinine application process(es), completing applications on your buggy website, dealing with your incompetent HR staff, and completing your ridiculous online test. Tell me upfront if you don't want to hire me or if you have reservations. Don't make me waste my time on all this junk. I've got better things to do
    And you have the nerve to use Snoopy as part of your logo!

Interview Questions
    • Online assessment test asking questions involving kilograms, kilometers and English pound notes was confusing.   Answer Question