Merrill Lynch Interview Questions

Updated 1 Aug, 2015

2.8

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (Waterloo, ON) in May-2013.

Interview

It is a Co-op position from university website, I applied online, and the interviewer is knowledgeable and friendly. The team is nice, I got a experience in Merrill financial system. The location is good, too.

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (Toronto, ON) in January-2008.

Interview

This company was only want to hire a very specific developer. Did not give people to grow. I got the feeling that they were trying to hire the person has exact knowledge and do the project and then let him go. I got the interview because my resume had specific key word they are looking for. But it turned out what I did on that platform is not the same part they are using. They immediately turn me down. So I took 2 days to prepare the interview and the result come so quick in just about 10 mins. The interviewer is nice, but the I don't feel get respected in the process.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

It was a short process. There was just one hour long call with the office management team, and all four of them took turns asking questions. After the call, I heard back within a week with an offer for the position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

Phone Interview an office interviews, easy interview overall. Mainly focused on why this could be a long term career for you. Looking for someone with professionalism and entrepreneurial spirit. Focus on leveraging experiences and client serving experience to answer questions

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

I interviewed with the specific team I would potentially be working for. Interviewed with several people. Everyone was very professional and kind, and there was a good flow to the interview. They asked mostly the typical questions, but they also took time to explain their business and the position in depth, which is something I rarely saw in my 5 months interviewing.

Client Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Meeting with internal VP and then your immediate team/coworkers. Fortunately, the people that work at ML are all genuinely kind and easy to talk to. It will be more of a conversation than an inquisition. Long HR paperwork process once offered the position. Expect a month to pass before you actually start.

Interview Questions

• The basics. Strengths and weaknesses, previous experience, willingness to get registered. A strong focus on teamwork and collaboration.   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (Miami, FL (US)).

Interview

FA told me he was hoping to hire another individual but I'll do. Should have known I wouldn't be valued. I knew the advisor from a previous employer so it was more catching up than it was actually being interviewed.

Financial Advisor PMD Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (Sacramento, CA (US)) in June-2015.

Interview

After applying, you get an email asking you to take a FIAT assessment quiz online. You can do this at home. the FIAT exam is 20-30 questions and is not timed. The questions are mostly about ratios, fractions, and stock splits. Nothing fancy really. After passing the online FIAT assessment, you do a simple phone interview where the recruiter asks you to put together a "business development plan" to present it in detail at the follow-up interview. They basically want to see how you intend on bringing in wealthy clients and new money. "What clubs and organizations are you able to join in order to meet rich people, and convince them to bring their money to Merrill.?" Also, how will you convince these wealthy people to do so, what sets Merrill apart? They will most likely put you on a team as a TFA where your main focus is bringing in new clients and maintaining relationships with old ones. Unless you are really part the wealthy community they let you go independent to bring in the $10 million in new money each year.

Registered Phone Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (Jacksonville, FL (US)) in June-2015.

Interview

Super comfortable interview environment. Easy question, more a get to know you type deal. One interview then job offer. Of course professional environment so dress to impress. Interview was with the recruiter and the head of the department.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (Tampa, FL (US)) in May-2015.

Interview

A call from a recruiter, over the phone interview questions to look for general experience in sales and business plan. How would you handle different situations to rejection over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions, where do you see yourself in 5 to 10 years, how do you deal with rejection on cold calls, network of people you know from family to clients you have made relationships with to grow your business plan. Asked about previous work experience and the benefits of working sales knowledge into being productive.   1 Answer