Merrill Lynch

2.8

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in May 2013.

It is a Co-op position from university website, I applied online, and the interviewer is knowledgeable and friendly. The team is nice, I got a experience in Merrill financial system. The location is good, too.

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in January 2008.

This company was only want to hire a very specific developer. Did not give people to grow. I got the feeling that they were trying to hire the person has exact knowledge and do the project and then let him go.
    I got the interview because my resume had specific key word they are looking for. But it turned out what I did on that platform is not the same part they are using. They immediately turn me down.
    So I took 2 days to prepare the interview and the result come so quick in just about 10 mins.
    The interviewer is nice, but the I don't feel get respected in the process.

Client Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

30 minute phone interview with recruiter; once I passed the screening interview, an in-person interview with the hiring team was scheduled for the following week; this second interview has not yet happened

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

It was a phone interview by the administrative manager. She explained the basic job requirements for the position of account opening, find solutions for CAs and FAs, and they have constant training on the different systems. Also explained the office organization and the team that the position will be working closely with.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

I exchanged emails with VP and he decided to give me a phone interview. Interview was about 45 mi and was very casual. He was curious to see if I would be a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your resume and what valuation method do you use to analyze companies?   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

The interview process was not that difficult they asked more about my past experience and my project work which i have done so far?
    They also asked about different ways of investing money in market and why is it important to do that?

Registered Client Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Merrill Lynch.

I was referred by an employee and was scheduled for an interview before I had even put in an application online. I had three interviews in quick succession (branch manager, the department supervisor, and then the team you will be joining). After that you go through the background check, finger printing, etc. From start to offer letter the whole process took about a week.

The first interview is just a "get to know each other" thing. No tough questions, just a test of chemistry and a conversation to make sure you speak intelligently and will fit in with the work atmosphere. Second interview was a little more traditional, but still conversational. Third interview was very typical traditional "where do you want to be in 5 years" type of stuff.

BTW, I noticed on this site that when it comes to ML you are either hired immediately or you're SOL. If you're waiting more than two weeks to hear anything I'd move on.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you let a client down and how you handled the situation.   View Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Commodities Trading Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Applied in December, phone interview in January, final interview in Houston offices
    Final interview was four back to back interviews in Houston with team members for two hours. Received an offer thirty minutes later

Interview Questions
    • What is the square root of 1000?
      How many ridges does have a quarter have?
      How would you figure out the the price of lumber?
      Why trading of commodities

Answer Question

Debit Capital Market Summer Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Applied through college and interviewed on Campus. Two MD interviewed and really aggressive on my story and point out what is the direct direction about past experience and this intern opportunity.

Wealth Management Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

The interview was very short and straight to the point. I met with the two partners of the office and they asked me basic behavioral questions and spent a majority of the time telling me what the internship would be like. The partners were very family oriented and seemed as though they wanted an intern who was the same.