Merrill Lynch

2.8

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in May 2013.

It is a Co-op position from university website, I applied online, and the interviewer is knowledgeable and friendly. The team is nice, I got a experience in Merrill financial system. The location is good, too.

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Merrill Lynch in January 2008.

This company was only want to hire a very specific developer. Did not give people to grow. I got the feeling that they were trying to hire the person has exact knowledge and do the project and then let him go.
    I got the interview because my resume had specific key word they are looking for. But it turned out what I did on that platform is not the same part they are using. They immediately turn me down.
    So I took 2 days to prepare the interview and the result come so quick in just about 10 mins.
    The interviewer is nice, but the I don't feel get respected in the process.

PMD Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Recruiter vetted me and made me take online tests after which landed me an in person interview in which they hired me on the spot. They want aggressive people who can cold call.

No negotiation

Intern Interview

I submitted my resume and received a phone interview promptly. There were two separate phone interviews which contrasted from each other. They lasted around 10 minutes each. Discussed the importance of cold calling and why you would be interested in Merrill Lynch.

Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Assessment centre:
    - Numerical test: very difficult, much more than typical online test
    - Group exercise: analyst investment opportunities for a fake bank; the exercise was followed by a presentation to the fake bank's board of directors.
    - 1:1 Presentation: Investment in either stocks/bond or sector
    - 3 1:1 interviews: both technical and competency based.

Intern Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

It was a very informal interview. A lot of behavioral questions. Mostly spoke about my cold calling experience and how I would be able to get clients in the door for them. Cold Called an alumni to get in the door to do a spring internship. Then took about 5 weeks to get back to me and I accepted on the spot. Overall a positive experience.

No negotiation

Job Related to the Chief Operating Officer Interview

They first hire an external HR to conduct a dynamic interview (with other candidates). After this phase, you talk to the BAML HR analyst. Finally, they place an interview with the COO.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult, however they do stick to what you say in your resumé, so they want to know how you improved the process of your last/current job, since it's a COO internship job related.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through my school's recruiting through their online system. I had a first round of interviews on campus, then was invited to visit onsite (in New York). I had a couple interviews onsite, had to take a written test where they asked some questions like where I see the future of technology in banking.

TFA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Initially applied online.

I have been on two interviews now and it seems like they are interested but there is no urgency. You just have to be patient the hiring process is very drawn out.

PMD Financial Adviser Trainee Interview

It starts with online financial aptitude test followed by interviews with senior advisors and branch manager. It includes discovery meetings where you will have a chance to understand what it is like to work for Merrill as a financial advisor.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really difficult or unexpected questions. The questions centered around on why you would want to become a financial advisor, probably because I was coming from a different industry.   Answer Question