Merrill Lynch Interview Questions

Updated 10 Apr, 2015
Updated 10 Apr, 2015

2.8

QA Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (Waterloo, ON) in May 2013.

Interview

It is a Co-op position from university website, I applied online, and the interviewer is knowledgeable and friendly. The team is nice, I got a experience in Merrill financial system. The location is good, too.

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (Toronto, ON) in January 2008.

Interview

This company was only want to hire a very specific developer. Did not give people to grow. I got the feeling that they were trying to hire the person has exact knowledge and do the project and then let him go.
    I got the interview because my resume had specific key word they are looking for. But it turned out what I did on that platform is not the same part they are using. They immediately turn me down.
    So I took 2 days to prepare the interview and the result come so quick in just about 10 mins.
    The interviewer is nice, but the I don't feel get respected in the process.

General Manager Interview

Interview

nice and easy. just have to let it out of your throat. the first 5minutes you were thrilled by the intense of this interview but as time goes if you present yourself in a great manner it'll be easier to let the words out of your mouth. and that's of course be there and prepared! nothing comes out easy when you're not being ready for the things you love or desire, right~

PMD TFA Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (New York, NY (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Friendly interaction. Most questions relate back to the preliminary business plan: Where do you see your business in 3 years, why ML, what are three reasons a client would work with you? And then a few personality questions. Important to remember a copy of the business plans as well as resume in case interviewer needs another copy.

GWIM Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

Applied online through college job site. Got an email from the recruiting team to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was about 30 minutes. The interview had basic behavioral questions and nothing was out of the ordinary. Got an email two weeks after phone interview saying I didn't get the position.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Merrill Lynch (Jacksonville, FL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with three interviewers on the phone. They were all very nice. They only interviewed 4 candidates for one slot. I did not get an offer, but they called me back afterwards and told me I had a great interview and hope I apply to work for them in the future.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me a little big about yourself
      2. How do you feel you contribute to a team?
      3. Do you like being a leader or follower better?
      4. What skill sets do you feel you offer?
      5. What differentiates you from the other candidates?

Answer Question

Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with recruiter; once I passed the screening interview, an in-person interview with the hiring team was scheduled for the following week; this second interview has not yet happened

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

It was a phone interview by the administrative manager. She explained the basic job requirements for the position of account opening, find solutions for CAs and FAs, and they have constant training on the different systems. Also explained the office organization and the team that the position will be working closely with.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Merrill Lynch.

Interview

I exchanged emails with VP and he decided to give me a phone interview. Interview was about 45 mi and was very casual. He was curious to see if I would be a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume and what valuation method do you use to analyze companies?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Merrill Lynch (Houston, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Contacted by HR recruiter for a phone interview. After phone interview, I was sent paperwork, basically U-4 type questions, and asked to fill it out and return it. The next step will be for them to set me up with an interview with the branch or team that is looking to hire.