Medtronic Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2014

Bilingual Product Support Specialist-Diabetes Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Medtronic in November 2012.

I applied online and got a reply via email within a few days. I was outside the country at the time so the hiring manager was nice enough to conduct a skype interview. She was impressed so she asked me to come in in person once I got back.
    The Questions were fairly basic, including behavioral questions and "What if" scenarios.
    Questions such as:
    Explain a situation where you were in a conflict with a colleague and how you resolved it.

The job demanded patience since it required dealing with diabetic customers so the recruiting manager asked me to describe a situation where a customer was agree at me and how I dealt with it.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. All questions were fairly basic and straight forward   Answer Question

The position was not really in my field and I got a more relevant job offer else where

Diagnostics Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oxnard, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Medtronic in August 2014.

A recruiter from Medtronic called me and said my qualifications were great and wanted to set up an immediate interview the following week. Without any further information, I accepted.... afterall, I thought, this is MEDTRONIC. The hiring manager and recruiter both knew that I lived about 3 hours from the interview location. I showed up, went through the ENTIRE interview, only to find out at the end of the interview that this position was for a 30k base, 75k at plan. Please note, my resume clearly states my qualifications to FAR exceed this type of position. In fact, I have not been recruited for any position, for less than a 100k base, 200k at plan position in years. Upon the onset of the interview, I advised the hiring manager of my income expectations. At this point, any ethical (or common sense) manager would have informed me that I was over qualified. Instead, he tried to "sell" me on the product and how "real" sales reps are the ones that accept low bases and "work hard" for high paying commissions. No matter how you slice it, 75k is entry level. A 30k base, is for kids out of college! I wasted 6 hours of my life that I will never get back. This has, however, taught me a valuable lesson..... Dear Medtronic, you are completely delusional if you truly believe that "real" sales people are those that live on 30k base, and scrounge for commissions. The fact that you clearly hide the income expectations from the start, shows how unethical and cowardly you are. CAR SALESMAN make this type of income. I write this review.... as I feel it is my duty to warn all those who are naive about Medtronic as I once was. Run away! Any medical company that would pay a 30k base to a medical sales rep is one that does not respect their team. Once I was advised of the earning potential, I quickly ended the interview so that I could make the 3 hour trek home. Thanks Medtronic!

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your employment history   View Answer

Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in August 2014.

HR was very professional. I had a phone screening with HR followed by interview by peer. Due to my tight decision making timeline I was invited for a full day interview starting 10 to 5:30. It was a long day. Met 7-8 people along with a panel presentation. They gave me a topic and wanted to put a few slides on how I would approach a problem. It was confusing because when I presented my approach they were looking for a solution more than my approach. This business case was presented to a group of people over one hour of lunch. Rest of the interview was pretty ok. Genral questions like walk me through your resume....

Start Right Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Medtronic.

You are hired as a contractor first. It realistically takes between a year and a year and a half to be converted to full time. Initial interview is a phone interview, then you are brought in for an in person interview. It took about a week and a half from start to finish. However, this is because the department was being built up. It may take longer now.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions. What's the last mistake you made? What is your communication style? How do you deal with conflict?   Answer Question

Reliability Engineer Interview

Telephonic interviews rounds and then onsite rounds. Had 4 back to back telephonic interviews and 4 onsite interviews. the onsite were mostly about meeting the team and knowing more about the position.

Senior Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Applied through the company website but was contacted by a recruiter. About a thirty minute phone interview with hiring manager. Then flew out for face-to-face with hiring manager and a few regulatory directors and managers. It took about a day and went to lunch with people on the team. Received an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty standard and nothing stood out as unexpected.   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Medtronic.

Initial communication was via phone with the man responcible for the region. After that came the first of four interviews with. The last was with the country ceo in which we agreed about the terms and salary.
    Big con was the fact that they were more intersted about the character of the candidate, than the experience in the same or similar work field

Interview Questions
    • Difficult in a way that has an easy answer but you have to be pretty sure before you give one.
      "Are you willing to give 120% to the company?"
        Answer Question

Technical Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in July 2014.

Applied via the Medtronic career section. It was about 2 weeks before I got a email from a recruiter. We scheduled a phone interview a few days later. The questions were behavioral type questions as well as questions regarding my past employment history, lasted about 45 min. The S.T.A.R method is a good thing to know and use during all interviews. After the initial phone interview with the recruiter, the following week had another phone interview with a senior manager, this interview was shorter, more to the point. Again behavioral questions answered using the star method.
    A week or so later I was invited to interview onsite. I was flown over to the facility, given a rental car and a hotel. I had 4 sets of interviews each lasting about 30-45 min each with 2 interviewers per interview. Many behavioral questions, delved much more into past employment history and outside activities. All in all a long day but they interviews were not too hard, just stick to the star method.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with a situation between employee, what was the issue and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question
    Only negotiated a new start date due to travel, salary and benefits were good enough on their own.

Medical Assembly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brooklyn Center, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn Center, MN (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Medtronic.

My interview was with the department manager and two others who I would be working with daily. They asked the usual questions. What I found unique was that I was allowed to ask as many questions as I liked, directly to those two people who would be my co-workers. Not sure if they were being truthful, but it was cool to be able to talk to them.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember the interview well. But I do remember feeling like I had done a good job. I must have been well prepared.   Answer Question
    No, no negotiating.

Associate Packaging Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Medtronic.

Interviewers will go over your resume with you in a 30 to 45 minute one-on-one segment. After each segment the current interviewer will call in the next interviewer to talk to you. I was interviewed by several department heads, managers, and senior team members. Each interviewer will have a different Human Resource question that is mandatory for them to ask you.

Interview Questions

Worked for Medtronic? Contribute to the Community!