Medtronic Interview Questions

Updated 15 Apr, 2015
Updated 15 Apr, 2015

Bilingual Product Support Specialist-Diabetes Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Medtronic (Mississauga, ON) in November 2012.

Interview

I applied online and got a reply via email within a few days. I was outside the country at the time so the hiring manager was nice enough to conduct a skype interview. She was impressed so she asked me to come in in person once I got back.
    The Questions were fairly basic, including behavioral questions and "What if" scenarios.
    Questions such as:
    Explain a situation where you were in a conflict with a colleague and how you resolved it.

The job demanded patience since it required dealing with diabetic customers so the recruiting manager asked me to describe a situation where a customer was agree at me and how I dealt with it.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. All questions were fairly basic and straight forward   Answer Question

The position was not really in my field and I got a more relevant job offer else where

Post Grad Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

First had a phone interview and was then invited in for a face to face. Met with four different people for 30 min each. Asked questions about experience based on my resume and previous experience. Manager has been extremely helpful through the entire process.

R&D Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Basic 30 minute interview. mainly focused on my previous experience. project i had completed and my educational background. i was then shown one of the medical devices produced by the company and asked how i thought certain components might be made.

Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Medtronic (Brooklyn Park, MN (US)).

Interview

I had 6 separate interviews with Medtronic for the same department. I had applied to an Engineering Manager position and was called and had a phone interview for a Senior Engineering Manager position. After realizing I wasn't qualified for the senior level, I was contacted by another representative for a phone interview for the Engineering Manager position for which I applied. I was then invited on-site for a half-day interview. They liked me, but thought I'd be a better fit for an Operations Manager position that was also open in the same department. I was then contacted by another representative for another phone interview. I was then invited in twice, for two different on-site half day interviews.

Interview Questions

• How do you define quality?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

I was offered an interview, but didn't receive an offer. The interview was straightforward, all behavioral questions and questions about my resume. They wanted to see what I knew about the company. They also wanted to hear what was my favorite and least favorite class and why. Overall seemed like a relaxed interview.

Supply Management Team Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

First you interview with your recruiter and then an interview at Medtronic. If you dont pass the assessments you dont get to interview. Take several behavior assessment, interview with a manager and interview with division manager. Know star interview questions and be prepared to have questions for the interviewers. Also be prepared to know what products Medtronic has and how they work. You will be asked what you know about the position so make sure you know what your applying for and why.

Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

The interview process was too formulaic. Interviewers had scripted questions and seemed overly focused on note-taking and answer-rating during the interview. I felt that this hindered the interviewers from actually getting to know me.

Health Economics and Outcomes Research HEOR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Medtronic in March 2015.

Interview

The response time between the application and phone interview was very short. They got back to me very quick for a phone interview with the Senior Manager of HEOR at Fridley, MN.

She told me if I was chosen, I would have to interview for a second round with a Manager from another department. She was very explicit about the timeline of when to expect a response, so that was good.

Interview Questions

• In what scenario or situation were you forced to make a difficult decision?   Answer Question
    • What in your past experience have you needed to step up and take the lead?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in the past where you had to act as a mediator   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic (Gainesville, FL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was good, went very smooth behavioral questions were asked. I had met the recruiters during the career fair and was contacted by email about the position, I applied online, the Interview was on Campus. Number of positions were less and I was not offered the job. The Interview went on well. Question on my past experience in handling different situation more applicable to the role were asked. It was a one on one Interview with a technical expert from Quality Assurance team. The overall process took 2-3 weeks and I was informed about the reject through mail

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

1. Prescreening - Ask you about your work status and schedule time for 3 technical assessment tests and for 3 interviews on the same day with 3 different managers.
    2. Assessment Tests - Coding, Testing and UI tests
    3. WebEx Meeting interviews - Three 45 min interviews with 3 managers. They ask about the projects on your resume, Situational and Behavorial Questions mainly. Minimal of Technical Questions.