Medtronic

213 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Quality Engineer Interview

Brooklyn Park, MN (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview Details HR communicated in timely and friendly manner through the process

Interview Question – Describe your Influence skills   Answer Question

Biomedical Engineering Summer Associate Interview

Interviewed at Medtronic

Interview Details Applied through on-campus recruiting. Received an on-campus interview within a week. On-campus interview lasted approximately half an hour. Received notification that I made it past the first round of interviews, and was told all offers would be extended by first week of April, but that not everyone who made it past the first round would get a second round interview. Never received an offer for a second interview.

Interview Question – No real unexpected questions. My interviewer talked about himself/his experiences much more.   Answer Question

Data Analyst and Database Marketing Manager Interview

Northridge, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in February 2014.

Interview Details Company took several weeks to get back with me in regards to my applications. The day of the face to face interview for the position of Data Analyst, the HR contact I was supposed to meet did not show up for work that day and no one had any idea where he was. This set off my interview schedule by 25 minutes and every interview was hurried as a result. There seemed to be no agreement between the interviewers on what the job entailed. I got the distinct impression that the problems being discussed by the interviewers had gone on for years. In the case of the second position of Database Marketing Manager, the problems had gone for years as well. I was rejected for both positions. Then 2 weeks after I was rejected for the second position, I was contacted by a staffing agency for the same job. This was after the company told me it had already hired someone else for the same job two weeks prior.

Interview Question – There were some questions in regards to the Data Analyst position in regards to procurement.   Answer Question

Laboratory Technician Interview

Interviewed at Medtronic

Interview Details Applied online, and was called by hiring manager. We went over my resume and future goals.After initial phone interview was contacted again and interviewed with manager. Went over the position and my leadership background. Lots of situational questions and to see how well I work in groups. Overall process took three months.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a time when you worked in a difficult group?   Answer Question

R&D Intern Interview

Interview Details First, I received a phone interview where some calculation-based technical questions were asked. Then, I went on-site where I was interviewed by three people for about 30 minutes each. Most of the questions asked were related to my research experience, but there were also some basic technical questions and personality questions.

Interview Question – I was asked to specify the brand / type of an instrument I used in a past research project.   Answer Question

Flag Interview

Medtronic Global Talent Acquisition responded to this review

Apr 02, 2014

Thanks for the insights. Glad to hear about your positive experience interviewing with Medtronic!

Associate Electrical Engineer Interview

Fridley, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Medtronic in February 2014.

Interview Details Applied in late October of 2013, received a call late in January or early February of 2014 asking to fill out a questionaire (Almost sheet of questions you would be asked in an interview) with some technical questions.

Received another call a few weeks later saying that I was selected to move to the next stage which was hinted at as an onsite interview and that I would be contacted in the near future (couple days).

Did not receive a phone call within that time period so waited a few extra days and sent an email. No response for a few days so called and left a message. No response for about a week and then received an email from the same person I had been trying to contact saying that he wanted my skype username to do a skype interview. Was kinda odd as I was led on to believe I was going down there, but no big deal.

Was contacted a half a week to week later to set up a skype interview. I gave a few 2-2.5 hour time slots and was told that they wanted to do a 3 hour skype interview. Thought that seemed to be a long skype interview and happened to be going to Minneapolis for another interview later that week so I offered to stop by in the afternoon. They agreed and set up some times.

End of February was the interview time. Interview consisted of four 45 minute interviews with one person each. Questions were all behavior based and they were really looking to be stepped through the task, action, and result which was handy if you got off topic.

I was told during the interview that it would be about a month before I would hear back. With how other offers were lining up as well as wanting to check up, I sent an email to the person who mentioned that questions should be directed to them. This was a day or two before the month mark. It has been about a week since I sent the email, and I have not heard back from the individual.

Accepted another offer so did not entertain an offer from Medtronic.

Interview Question – Pretty known interview style with behavior based questions. Of course you cannot prepare for all of them, but some preparation in thinking of situations helps.   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Medtronic in March 2014.

Interview Details Telephone interview with recruiter followed by entire day of interview with panel of people from the group, mix of technical and hypothetical questions were asked

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Diabetes Therapy Associate Interview

San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in December 2013.

Interview Details Initial screening interview, one on one interview with a supervisor, and telephone interview with the Regional Manager

Interview Question – What do you think you will hate about this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Base rate

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview Details Have been through several interviews. Seems to be tedious process.

Flag Interview

Medtronic Global Talent Acquisition responded to this review

Apr 02, 2014

Thanks for the insights and feedback on interviewing with Medtronic!

Order Processing Interview

Interviewed at Medtronic

Interview Details spoke to 2 managers, was told i had the positions right after interviews

Interviews for Top Jobs at Medtronic

Worked for Medtronic? Contribute to the Community!

Medtronic Videos

Medtronic – Why Work for Us?

Medtronic is the world’s largest medical technology company, offering an unprecedented breadth and depth of innovative therapies to fulfill our Mission of alleviating pain, restoring health, and extending life. Last… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Medtronic interview questions and advice. All 213 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Medtronic employees and interview candidates.