Medtronic

Updated 26 Feb, 2015

Bilingual Product Support Specialist-Diabetes Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Medtronic in November 2012.

I applied online and got a reply via email within a few days. I was outside the country at the time so the hiring manager was nice enough to conduct a skype interview. She was impressed so she asked me to come in in person once I got back.
    The Questions were fairly basic, including behavioral questions and "What if" scenarios.
    Questions such as:
    Explain a situation where you were in a conflict with a colleague and how you resolved it.

The job demanded patience since it required dealing with diabetic customers so the recruiting manager asked me to describe a situation where a customer was agree at me and how I dealt with it.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. All questions were fairly basic and straight forward   Answer Question

The position was not really in my field and I got a more relevant job offer else where

Reimbursement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tolochenaz (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tolochenaz (Switzerland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Medtronic.

Medtronic contacted me through my linkedIn profile and proposed me a job offer for reimbursement analyst positIon. I declined the first offer as it was not of my interest. Subsequently, Medtronic HR reached out to me and offered me two other positions insisting that I was a good match for their company. After 6 months (interviews and negotiations) Medtronic convinced me with their final offer and even offered me a hiring bonus as an incentive. Some interviews with key managers were canceled at the last minute which I did not appreciate. I did accept the offer which both parties signed. Thus, I did resign from my current job to join Medtronic after 3 months notice (everything was going fine at my current job as I was promoted recently) . But the worst is to come!!!!!! Medtronic HR called me 20 days before the contract start date to tell me that my position was withdrew and that they cancel the signed contract. I was very mad and that was very surprising especially that they know I resigned from my former job to join them and that they insisted soooo much to hire me. Moreove both parties signed the contract more than 2 months ago. I am very very very disappointed by the last minute cancelation with no valid reasons behind. Now, I am jobless thanks to abusive decision made at the last minute by management with no consideration and no respect. It may have a very negative impact on my career. I would definitely NOT RECOMMEND this company to anyone. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!!! DO NOT RUIN YOUR CAREER!!!! TRUST me you will certainly find more respectful employers.

Computer Engineering Co-op Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Medtronic.

Applied on campus-erecruiting
    Did an on-campus interview but received an email telling me to apply online again
    So I think that means I'm not selected from the behaviors in the interview
    During the interview, I mainly talked about my projects at school. Recruiter is an Engineer but she only asked behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with a situation where you have to work with people you don't like   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Medtronic.

They called me soon after reviewing my resume. I did a brief interview over the phone. Then 1 week later I was invited to a second round interview on their facilities. The final interview lasted around 20 minutes . 1st one with HR recruiter, 2nd & final one with Engineering Managers.

Clinical Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Medtronic.

Over the course of 6 months I had at least 12 interviews with various teams, and met pretty much everyone in the Medtronic CRDM division in their region. All employers/employees I met with were extremely courteous and professional. Questions weren't hard, and the process seemed to be more them judging if I'd be a good fit within each team. I enjoyed each interview I had.

However, what happened outside of the interviews was where things got annoying and confusing. After interviewing, I'd be told by the hiring managers (there were several I dealt with during this time) for over a month per interview, continuously, that they were still interviewing, or that there was a hiring freeze, or some other modification of this response. Throughout this time, they still openly said they were interested in me as a candidate, and that I should keep in contact. They were working through things on their end, and I needed to be patient. Ultimately, each and every time I interviewed, after over a month or two per position I interviewed for, I was denied for the position, but encouraged and asked to interview for another open position they had. I often wondered if there even was an open position actually available, or if this was some kind of practical joke.

The last interview I had, there were apparently some misinterpreted aspects of my resume by the team I was interviewing with, that could have been easily clarified (conflict of interest with another position I had at that time, which was not the case at all), but was not given the chance. The hiring manager called me and told me this was the case, and proceeded to give me 'feedback' about the team interview, which included letting me know that I was seen as potentially not devoted to the position (after interviewing for 6 months and traveling over 1000 miles during that time, not re-imbursed for any of it, while also learning the ins and outs of their catalog and surgical procedures).

Let me reiterate, I thought everyone I interviewed with was extremely personable, professional, and most likely very knowledgeable in their trade. However, the complete and utter folly of their absurdly long, redundant, and disorganized interview process, as well as the neglect I felt from the interviewers throughout the entire process, left an incredibly bitter taste in my mouth.

From what I've heard from other people who have interviewed for similar positions in different/the same area, this experience is commonplace for the Medtronic family. While the company itself is great and the compensation offered is higher than average in the industry, I would be extremely hesitant to recommend anyone to go through their interview process. There are similar companies that do not engage in this type of interviewing strategy, and offer similar compensation and quality products and support.

Interview Questions
    • None. Questions were always very straightforward and non-technical.   Answer Question

EngineeringCollege Recruit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic in February 2015.

Pretty causal talk about what are some highlights are college. what have you enjoyed. Some behavioral questions. The interviewer is friendly and talks alot about their work and what they have enjoyed at Medtronic.

Interview Questions
    • When did you have to set a goal to achieve something?
      What ways have you worked in a group?
      What did you do for that group?
      Do you regret any decision?
      What Classes have you enjoyed/why?
      Why classes have you disliked?

Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Medtronic.

I applied online for this position and received an eScreen document from HR filled with behavioral questions that I needed to send back in two days. Hadn't heard back in 2 weeks, so tried connecting with a manager via LinkedIn. It worked. Manager reviewed resume and set up video conference interview for the next day. Interview was interactive and I was asked about projects and certifications. Cleared that and was set up for an on-site interview the next week. Had one-on-one interviews from 9-2pm with managers and team members. I was informed the next day that about an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What's the one thing you would like to change about yourself   Answer Question
    Competitive salary with great benefits, so did not negotiate.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic.

Phone interview with basic personality and fit questions. Was invited to come in for an in person interview. Interviewed with three people and they basically took turns asking basic technical questions. They asked questions about p&ls and cash flow statements. There were really no personality or "normal" interview type questions besides the original "walk me through your resume" question.

Interview Questions
    • Name all of the lines you would expect to see in a p&l.   Answer Question

salary was too low

Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic.

Well-run interview process. Panel interview. Focussed on team-leading procedures. Asked "self-review" questions to highlight one's problem-solving methodologies. I spent about 4 hours on-location at the plant. This included a tour, several interviews, and a meeting with Human resources.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you failed, and how it affected your operation. How did you overcome the obstacle?   Answer Question

Diabetes Therapy Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic.

Pretty fast. Its overall a sales job. Sell yourself and know how to overcome an objection. Interviewers will ask why you should be hired over other people

FIRST WILL be an interview with recruiter
    then you get a phone call interview with a manager or supervisor
    last you have a face to face interview with two supervisors or manager and supervisor
    then you get a call form recruiter, congrats you got an offer now go pee in a cup

Interview Questions
    • everything was pretty simple: why should we hire you? Whats your greatest achievement? what do you look for in a company?   View Answer