McKesson

Updated 13 Feb, 2015
Updated 13 Feb, 2015

2.7

Human Resources Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

The interview process was very intensive - with 6 interviews in total. The feedback and the interaction with the recruiter/company during the process was fantastic. I never had to wait more than a few hours without receiving an update on the process. Once the position was offered, there was a normal background check and drug screen.

Interview Questions
    • If you were hired but then never NO further direction, at all, how would you spend your first 90 days   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate slightly higher than was originally offered.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McKesson.

Applied through a referral. The whole process took about 2 months.
    Telephonic Discussion with the recruiter.
    Then called in for face to face. Total of 5 interviewers one after another.
    Each interview was about 30 mins long.
    Mix of technical, interpersonal, soft skills questions.

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC
    Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC

I applied online – interviewed at McKesson.

Personality test,general question, then a technical question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McKesson.

~HR phone interview - generic list of skills verification & industry experience
    ~1st (in person) interview: written test, oral test, interviewed by three separate individuals (supervisor, peer, senior peer). Called to set up 2nd interview later that afternoon.
    ~2nd (in person) interview: panel, individual, tour of facility, presentation of offer.

Interview Questions
    • Do you own any IP or patents/pending patents that could possibly conflict with the company's interests?   Answer Question
    Not a lot of room for negotiation. Slight increase in base. Refused to waive the non compete clause.

QPIC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McKesson in March 2013.

general HR questions. not a hard interview but might have to go three or four times.
    i had first one with HR over the phone then second with DM and third with DM.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at McKesson in June 2011.

There were 2 interviewers, they were really nice. One of them asked about non-technical questions, more like my transferable skills in teamwork. And he asked me to explain some projects that I did. The other one asked about technical questions. Mostly on C++.

Interview Questions
    • Given an array of 1001 elements, consists all numbers from 1-1000. Only one number is repeated. Write a function that returns the repeated number.   View Answers (4)
    • What is one thing that you want to improve?   Answer Question
    • What is your motivation?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McKesson in November 2010.

Straight-forward and good communication

Interview Questions
    • What would be your start-to-finish approach to a release?   Answer Question
    company provided best offer available

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at McKesson in March 2009.

Phone screen first then face to face

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McKesson in February 2015.

Received a screening interview fairly quickly. All the questions were very general based on work history. Recruiter said because I was an internal referral, I would get a call back from the head recruiter or even pushed to the hiring manager. Didn't hear back for a week and when I followed up - I didn't get the rejection email for another few days.

Interview Questions
    • Did you graduate college? How much experience do you have with pivot tables? (This was emphasized greatly.)   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McKesson.

Initial over the phone interview. Said I would go on but took two months to set up next interview. Lots of follow-up on my end. Then about two weeks for additional interviews until offer.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions were asked during the process.   Answer Question