McKesson Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

QPIC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McKesson in March 2013.

general HR questions. not a hard interview but might have to go three or four times.
    i had first one with HR over the phone then second with DM and third with DM.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at McKesson.

Applied through a referral. The whole process took about 2 months.
    Telephonic Discussion with the recruiter.
    Then called in for face to face. Total of 5 interviewers one after another.
    Each interview was about 30 mins long.
    Mix of technical, interpersonal, soft skills questions.

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at McKesson in March 2009.

Phone screen first then face to face

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Richmond, BC
    Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC

I interviewed online - interviewed at McKesson.

Personality test,general question, then a technical question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McKesson.

~HR phone interview - generic list of skills verification & industry experience
    ~1st (in person) interview: written test, oral test, interviewed by three separate individuals (supervisor, peer, senior peer). Called to set up 2nd interview later that afternoon.
    ~2nd (in person) interview: panel, individual, tour of facility, presentation of offer.

Interview Questions
    • Do you own any IP or patents/pending patents that could possibly conflict with the company's interests?   Answer Question
    Not a lot of room for negotiation. Slight increase in base. Refused to waive the non compete clause.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at McKesson in June 2011.

There were 2 interviewers, they were really nice. One of them asked about non-technical questions, more like my transferable skills in teamwork. And he asked me to explain some projects that I did. The other one asked about technical questions. Mostly on C++.

Interview Questions
    • Given an array of 1001 elements, consists all numbers from 1-1000. Only one number is repeated. Write a function that returns the repeated number.   View Answers (4)
    • What is one thing that you want to improve?   Answer Question
    • What is your motivation?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McKesson in November 2010.

Straight-forward and good communication

Interview Questions
    • What would be your start-to-finish approach to a release?   Answer Question
    company provided best offer available

A/R Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Charleston, SC (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McKesson.

I applied online and a week later received an email to set up a telephone interview with a recruiter. After the telephone interview, I received another email to set up an onsite interview with two managers.

Interview Questions
    • The telephone interview were basic questions related to the position. It was to see if you knew basic things.

The onsite interview was disappointing. The two managers I interviewed with were different than the ones I was told. Most interviews you receive a handshake but I did not. Only one person asked questions while the other just sat there reading my resume'. My resume' really isn't that long. They didn't smile much or seemed excited about the company which made me feel out of place.
        Answer Question

Enterprise Integration Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, CO (US)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at McKesson.

Very comprehensive interview covering all aspects of enterprise infrastructure in healthcare enterprises and the integration points between them. Also covered standard enterprise systems and models, including wireless and wired networking at both the local and wide area scale, Unix and Linux implementation models, server virtualization and consolidation concepts, and storage models. Also covered interaction with project managers and creation and maintenance of project plans.

Interview Questions
    • How do you standardize the IT fit of an enterprise with 45 locations across 4 timezones?   Answer Question
    Tough, as they really didn't understand the market for EAs. I stuck to my number and they finally came up to a level I was comfortable with accepting.

Senior Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McKesson.

Received a call from one of their recruiters (looks part of the talent acquisition is outsourced) and
    after a few minutes of questions to get information about my background and experience, he said
    he would get pass that information on to the hiring manager and have him talk to me.

But after that a month has been passed but no word and absolutely no response even for my
    multiple inquiries.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very general about experience and background...nothing technical   Answer Question

Worked for McKesson? Contribute to the Community!