McKesson

Relevance Date Difficulty

QPIC Interview

QPIC
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McKesson in March 2013.

Interview Details general HR questions. not a hard interview but might have to go three or four times.
i had first one with HR over the phone then second with DM and third with DM.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at McKesson.

Interview Details Applied through a referral. The whole process took about 2 months.
Telephonic Discussion with the recruiter.
Then called in for face to face. Total of 5 interviewers one after another.
Each interview was about 30 mins long.
Mix of technical, interpersonal, soft skills questions.

Interview Question – nothing out of the ordinary for the role.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at McKesson in March 2009.

Interview Details Phone screen first then face to face

Interview Question – Race condition   Answer Question

Co-Op Student Interview

Co-Op Student
Richmond, BC

I applied online and interviewed at McKesson.

Interview Details Personality test,general question, then a technical question

Interview Question – prepare for the technical question related to the job   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Richmond, BC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McKesson.

Interview Details ~HR phone interview - generic list of skills verification & industry experience
~1st (in person) interview: written test, oral test, interviewed by three separate individuals (supervisor, peer, senior peer). Called to set up 2nd interview later that afternoon.
~2nd (in person) interview: panel, individual, tour of facility, presentation of offer.

Interview Question – Do you own any IP or patents/pending patents that could possibly conflict with the company's interests?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not a lot of room for negotiation. Slight increase in base. Refused to waive the non compete clause.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Richmond, BC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at McKesson in June 2011.

Interview Details There were 2 interviewers, they were really nice. One of them asked about non-technical questions, more like my transferable skills in teamwork. And he asked me to explain some projects that I did. The other one asked about technical questions. Mostly on C++.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of 1001 elements, consists all numbers from 1-1000. Only one number is repeated. Write a function that returns the repeated number.   View Answers (4)
  • What is one thing that you want to improve?   Answer Question
  • What is your motivation?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Richmond, BC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McKesson in November 2010.

Interview Details Straight-forward and good communication

Interview Question – What would be your start-to-finish approach to a release?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – company provided best offer available

Vice President Sales Interview

Vice President Sales

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McKesson.

Interview Details I was networking with a few people and one of them said I should check out McKesson. I got him my resume and was fast tracked through the system. The interview process was very easy for me, I went through HR twice, 2 sales people, and 2 managers. It took about month with some negotiation on salary and PTO days. I was looked at for 2 positions but ended up only applying for the sales role.

Interview Question – I didn't have anything whacky or odd... the weirdest thing was when one of the managers interviewing me sat on the same side of the desk as me as if we were have a conversion... it was odd but overall pretty straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not a lot of negotiation was going to happen, as it was a new role. I did get a few thousand more in my base and upped my PTO days to what I had at my last company.

Business Process Consultant Interview

Business Process Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McKesson.

Interview Details Interviewers beware! I first received an email from a recruiter in Atlanta for a Business Process Consultant position either to be in Dallas or Olive Branch. I proceeded with a phone screen interview with the recruiter and then was passed onto the hiring director for a one hour interview. Being successful, I was passed to the manager of the department for a 1/2 hour interview. The recruiter then emailed me to come into a onsite interview for six hours. I explained that I work FT and with a heavy workload I would have trouble giving that much time during the day and asked for alternative options. I was told No and that I would have to use PTO. I explained I was taking all the risks and didn't want to give up my personal time for my family if there wasn't any guarantee at the end. I then asked if there was an actual job and the recruiter never answered my question- essentially dodged it. I checked the website and there was no listing. Essentially I was about to take PTO for a role that didn't even exist.

Interview Question – How do you go about getting buy in from business owners?   View Answer

Software Quality Analyst Interview

Software Quality Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at McKesson.

Interview Details Saw the position advert online, Apply via the company website and was later call for to schedule phone interview, I later came to be interview by some group of managers and then the final interview .

Interview Question – What Mistake/ Error have you made in the past during your duty discharge   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The company negotiated with the salary and I finally accepted the offer

Worked for McKesson? Contribute to the Community!