McGladrey LLP

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details I was a campus recruit and I got to the office visit level . The campus recruiter was very friendly, she remembered me from numerous interactions prior and she answered any question I had. I then met with various tax partners who didn't ask me very many questions about the job, they were mainly focused on my personality and things I am interested in.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions, which was a nice change of pace, compared to an interview with a big 4 firm. I could tell McGladrey was trying to hire the best person and not the person with the highest GPA.   Answer Question

Bethesda, MD (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in December 2010.

Interview Details The process went smoothly. They wanted to get a better idea of you as a person vs what your resume said.

Interview Question – I don't remember any technical questions. They were more interested in getting to know your personality   Answer Question

Irvine, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2011.

Interview Details On Campus Interviews- 1 manager interview
In House interviews- 3 interviews with managers/supervisors
Lunch with associates, senior associates, and supervisors (informal interview to see how you get along with the team)

Interview Question – What is a time you had a challenge and how did you overcome it?
Do you work well with others? How
  Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2009.

Interview Details Job interview over the phone following successful internship in the different location. Phone interview was non-technical, basically just concerning inter-communicational skills, personality and career aspiration. Pleasant. It was conducted by two people: head of the practice areas in that location and second person in command in the same practice area.

Interview Question – There were not any unexpected or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Tax Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details First round on-campus. Second round pre-interview dinner and then 4 1/2 hours at the office the next day, which included a company presentation, 3 one-on-one interviews with managers and directors, and lunch with staff at the end. Everyone there was friendly. However, not sure how they picked the people who got offers in the end. Perhaps based on a better cultural fit or a higher degree (MST?)

Interview Question – No unexpected questions. The interviews were very conversational and laid-back. Mostly wanted to get to know you. Will definitely ask why McGladrey and why tax.   Answer Question

Madison, WI (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details I went through my school's job search program and got an on-campus interview. This was a 40-45 min interview with a director at the company and it was mostly conversational with a few behavioral questions sprinkled in there. It took about a week and half for the company to get back to me about a second interview, scheduled to be two weeks later.. At the second interview I had two sessions with a manager and a director (30 minutes each), both of which were very conversational. Be sure to have some questions of your own to ask them. Afterwards I went out to lunch with all the other candidates and 6 or so associates and supervisors. I was given an offer within 3 days of my second interview.

Interview Question – What are some of the things that you would do in/for the community if you are to move here?   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2011.

Interview Details After submitting my resume and other application materials online, I was invited to the office for an interview. There were several other candidates visiting the office that same day. I had two interviews, each 30 minutes long. I spoke with a Manager and a Partner in Tax. The questions they asked were conversational, mainly dealing with my work style and experience.

Interview Question – I was asked about how comfortable I am doing research and using my findings practically.   Answer Question

Tax Associate

I applied online and interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details The interview process was pretty laid back. Most of the interviewers were only trying to get to know me better, and they hardly asked me any questions. I talked to three different interviewers, and the interview took a total of two hours.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you were a leader. Describe a situation where there was conflict and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Irvine, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2011.

Interview Details I initially connected with McGladrey through 'Meet the Firms' event on campus. I applied through the campus career center for an on-campus interview with the firm, which required a resume, a cover letter, and an unofficial transcript. Within about a week, I was notified that I was selected for an interview. I had a 1:1 (30 minute) on-campus interview with a manager (who I had met at the 'Meet the Firms' event), which consisted of a few work experience and behavioral questions.

Approximately 2-3 weeks later, I was notified via e-mail that I was invited for an Office Visit. The night before the Office Visit, the firm hosted a 'Pre-Interview Mixer' at a local restaurant, where candidates had the opportunity to meet more professionals. The Office Visit consisted of three 1:1 (30 minute) interviews. I interviewed with a Director, a Partner, then a Manager. The interviewers spent about 15 minutes asking behavioral questions, and left the rest of the time for me to ask any questions I had (about the firm, the public accounting field, their career, etc.). Be prepared with questions!

After the interviews, the other candidates and I were taken out to lunch with an Associate and a Senior, where we had the opportunity to ask any last questions about the firm. Two days later I received a call with an offer from the Partner that I interviewed with. Overall, the process was very organized and enjoyable. Everyone who I interviewed with was very engaging and seemed happy to work at the firm.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for McGladrey (as opposed to another mid-tier or a Big Four firm)?   Answer Question
  • Do you have any questions for me?   View Answer

Minneapolis, MN (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2011.

Interview Details I had not previously done any networking with the company. I was asked to come in on a Wednesday to have two 1/2-hour interviews. Each was one-on-one with a Tax professional (not with HR). Some HR folks gave a presentation about the company, as well. I also took a tour of the office. I had my offer by Friday (same week).

Interview Question – Why McGladrey instead of another large CPA firm?   Answer Question

Worked for McGladrey LLP? Contribute to the Community!