McGladrey LLP Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr, 2015

2.6

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

On campus interview for their office in NY. They have a no stress interview which means they don't ask you questions. So unless you have a really awesome partner you can gel with the interview can get really awkward. My best advice is just to let them do all the talking.

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2014.

Interview

There was only one interview. So, I met with the Tax Manager and we had a conversation type interview. It was really relaxed, and I think they were seeing if I could just sit down and have a conversation. There were some questions, but they were all very basic and expected.

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2014.

Interview

Applied on McGladrey website after seeing the position posted on my alma mater's career website. Normally would have been an on-campus interview however I graduated over a year ago so I followed up via phone with HR/Recruiter in order to get noticed because anyone more than one semester removed is not allowed to apply for campus interviews. HR was nice - told me to email my resume and transcripts and that she would forward them to hiring managers. Was contacted about a month later on a Thursday and asked to come in for an office interview the following Monday. The interview process involved 4 consecutive 30 minute interviews with partners and managers. Very conversational interviews for the most part. A couple of them asked standard questions such as "tell me about a time you worked on a group project and what the positives and negatives were" and "describe a time when you went above and beyond expectations." One of the partners talked the entire time about his knowledge of the profession and stated that he did not even look at my resume. I think that this is a firm where it really depends on who you get for your interviewer. Not the cut and dry interview procedure that some larger firms do. My guess is that they just want to know that you can communicate and are a good fit personality-wise. After several interviews, my best advice is to be yourself because that is how you will find the best fit. Know the company and ask solid questions about the profession and company culture. Display a willingness to adapt and learn.

Interview Questions

• "Talk about a time where you had a different view than a co worker on something in the work place and how you dealt with it"   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Florida, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP (South Florida, FL (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

On campus interview was with a partner, typical behavior questions. Shortly after I was invited to office visit. About 40 of us were interviewing, 3 back to back 30 min interviews. I thought they went well, almost entirely conversational, the last of the 3 definitely went less smooth than the others. Got a 'thanks but no thanks' email a few days later.

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2014.

Interview

Interviews were all very casual. Two directors and one partner. Each interviewer was laid back and just wanted me to "tell a little bit about myself." I really think they were just looking for someone who could carry a conversation without sounding like an idiot. There was nothing intimidating about the process at all.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. Tell me about yourself? Why do you want tax?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2014.

Interview

First interview process, Campus interview through college.
    Basic questions, they want to know if you fit in the company's culture. What are you basic skills and how do you react.
    I was called for second interview with a week, the second interview is in one of their offices.
    They called the super day. Two interviews, office tour and lunch.

Spring Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2014.

Interview

first interview was held in campus with one of the accounting manager and contacted in two weeks for second in office interview. Interview was laid back with interviewer was very easy going.

Interview Questions

• Have you involved in any school project and how it turns out?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2014.

Interview

First round on campus interview was very laid back and conversational. On site visit consisted of three 30 minute interviews that were all very casual and conversational as well. Everyone at the firm was very approachable and made an effort to make you feel comfortable. Heard from the firm same day as the office visit. Overall very easy, relaxed process.

Intern Interview

Interview

I met the firm at a career fair initially applying for an internship postion. I ended up interviewing with the firm on campus and was accepted to their leadership program. At the program the firm interviewed for internship positions. The interviews were certainly a surprise to the candidates as the interviews were not shown explicitly on the schedule.

Interview Questions

• Not very technical questions. The most difficult questions for me were behavioral questions, but with a few good stories in mind they become easier to answer.   Answer Question

Winter Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in August 2014.

Interview

I got the interview after participating in the Summer Pathways Program. I interviewed with two people, 30 minutes each. It was a conversational type of interview. They asked me typical questions like "tell me about yourself," "why audit?" "why Mcgladrey" and one behavioral question. It was very relaxing, I was very myself.