McGladrey LLP

188 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tax Intern Interview

Tax Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details I went through the campus recruiting process- career fair, on campus interview, and then office visit. Everything was pretty relaxed, yet you can tell you're being evaluated based on all of your behavior. Be yourself and it'll come naturally if you're the right fit for the firm, overall both you and the firm should feel comfortable as it is a mutual relationship.

Interview Question – Why tax?   Answer Question

Assurance Summer Intern Interview

Assurance Summer Intern
Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2013.

Interview Details I was so nervous prior to my first interview with McGladrey. However, after meeting with career planning and going over the expected questions, I was much more relaxed. Going into the interview, I felt very prepared to talk about myself and my experiences on my resume. The interview was much more conversational than I expected and I found that it is easiest to talk than to wait for the interviewer to prompt you with questions.

Interview Question – What makes you YOU?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate

Interviewed at McGladrey LLP

Interview Details I was surprised at how relaxed and conversational the first interview went. The employees were all extremely informative and excited to tell you about their experience at McGladrey. Most of the interview we discussed my abroad experience and some past work at my internship.

Interview Question – There was nothing unexpected or difficult!   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Assurance Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details I was able to skip the first round interviews because I was part of their Summer Leadership Program. First-round interviews are usually held on campus. Second round interviews were held in-office. We were first given a presentation on the different opportunities McGladrey has to offer and an office tour. Then three different people interviewed me, who were managers or directors. They really tried to make it a relaxed environment.

Interview Question – Honestly there were no unexpected questions, but the one I had most difficulty with was asking about a teamwork conflict from my work experience (most of my internships were individual work).   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Audit Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details The entire process was very painless. It started with a short on-campus interview. I was then invited into the office for a half day experience early the next week. The in office experience consisted of two interviews, an office tour, an informational session, and lunch with several employees. Everybody was great to deal with. The interviews were very laid back and mostly conversational. I received an offer a few hours after I left the office.

Interview Question – None. The interviews were mostly conversational. There were a few behavioral based questions, but nothing unusual. Be sure you can talk about yourself and have questions about the company.   Answer Question

Consulting Manager Interview

Consulting Manager
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2013.

Interview Details Process included interviews with a Partner with dotted line responsibility to the practice area, the Director of the practice area and a peer Director.

Interview Question – Tell me what you have specifically done in our practice areas with success.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
Davenport, IA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2013.

Interview Details First round interview on campus. Very conversation, no behavioral type questions whatsoever. Really just getting a sense of whether or not you're a complete social weirdo I believe. Waited a few days and received a call back that informed me I had passed through to the next round, which were in office interviews. The night before the in office interview, we were taken as a group of candidates (probably 20 of us - tax and audit combined) out for a nice dinner. At the dinner you're given an opportunity to sit and mingle with a few partners. It's a nice way to calm the nerves as you get to meet your interviewer(s) in a less formal setting.

Next morning there are a series of 3, 1-on-1, 30-minute interviews. All are with a partner or director. My 3 interviewers all seemed like nice and comfortable folks to speak with. There is no script that each interviewer appeared to be following. All interviews were very conversational, and quite honestly, very comfortable. Well, as comfortable as those things can be. Most had the same questions: "Why do you want to work in Public Accounting (vs. private)?", "What appeals to you about Audit (or tax)?",..."What are your interests outside of school and work?". Also, this was for an entry level position.

Interview Question – There honestly were no real difficult questions in my 4 total interviews. Very relaxed, 1-on-1 sort of conversational interview. Was actually surprised that I didn't have to field a single "...give me a time you did this or that..." question. Surprised and thankful. Not a huge fan of those.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at McGladrey LLP

Interview Details ....................................................................................................................

Interview Question – Can you think about the most unforgettable teamwork experience?   Answer Question

Audit Senior Associate Interview

Audit Senior Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2012.

Interview Details The first communication was in November 2012 and I had an interview with the HR Manager, second interview was through by phone with the Manager for Assurance Services and finally I had a interview with the Partner of the office

Interview Question – Business Question and difficult situations in my previous Companies   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Consulting Manager Interview

Consulting Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details My honest and sincere advice to folks who are trying to get into this company or have been contacted by this company: STAY AWAY! Having been in consulting for 10+ years, I understand how companies work and how offers can be changed , however what I don't expect them to do is to make an offer then withdraw it without any reason and also not communicate about what they intend to do.
A recruiter reached out to me and went on and on about how great the firm is. I was at that time working with a Big 4 audit/consulting firm and the opportunity looked good. The recruiter set up an interview with a manager, who didn't understand much about consulting since he was from audit background. Incidentally, in my research, I found that most of their managers/directors/principals who were leading consulting engagements, were from audit background( That should have been my the biggest warning sign). After "clearing" this interview, I interviewed with the head of consulting who after 2 conversations made me a verbal offer to join. As I was about to accept it after 3-4 days, I was informed that I will need to go to their local office. Went there and oh boy, what an experience. First of all, the office was bare and empty i.e. no staff - not on vacation or client location but literally they did not have any associates/consultants except for 4 partners. They interviewed me and really looked as if they regretted joining mcgladrey i.e.no info about the firm and totally unenthusiastic. After the interview, recruiter etc all went dark for about 4 weeks and inspite of my writing or calling the recruiter every third day, I never received a response. Finally, the recruiter responded with some BS about being on vacation and informing me that they will not proceed with hiring. Completely unprofessional and unethical way to go about hiring. My advice to folks: There are better companies with dedicated folks, so don't waste your time with this frim