McGladrey LLP

Updated 8 Dec, 2014
Updated 8 Dec, 2014

2.6

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Met with a campus recruiter at Career Fair. Offered an on-campus interview with one of the partners who was an alumni. Very simple behavioral based interview where he made me feel very comfortable. Went to NYC for in-office interview where I was with a group of roughly 15 other students applying. We were all separated and met with 2 different partners for 2 30-minute interviews. One of the partners was a bit condescending so I could tell it didn't go too well. After the interviews, two entry level staff members took a small group of us out to lunch. Overall was a nice day-long process with the exception of the one partner making me a few rude comments during the interview.

Manager Interview

It was a straight forward process and interviewers were professional and pleasant.

Pathways Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview was conversational. The interviewer asked questions off of my resume and we went from there. She spent awhile talking about what the program entails.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself? What do you know about McGladrey?   Answer Question

Summer Leadership Comference Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in March 2014.

I applied through my college and interviewed on campus.

Interview Questions
    • Not a difficult interview, just a conversation about my resume and company.   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in March 2014.

I applied online and shortly afterwards a recruiter called me to have a phone interview. Based on that phone interview I was able to get an opportunity for an office interview. First, I was interviewed by one of the audit partners, then a senior audit manager, and lastly by newly promoted audit manager. Each interview was in a separate office, approximately 30 minutes with each individual.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about yourself? (The partner was multitasking, he was looking at me and scanning my resume)
      Why McGladrey?
      How did you hear about us?

Answer Question
    No, I did not. If I would have had more work experience maybe but the compensation and benefits were perfect for me.

Consulting Associate Interview

This is a combination of behavioral and situational interviews. Prior experience and communication skills are key. You meet with a Senior, Manager/Director and Partner. HR is nice and friendly. It's a half hour to 45 minute interview with each. They are mid market, so its essential to know specific industries and not be too demanding.

Interview Questions
    • They will just ask you something you don't have experience with. It's how you answer that counts. Be prepared to answer questions on how you manage staff, leadership and your future career path/goals.   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

The people I spoke with, both on campus and office interviews, were incredibly nice. The conversation flowed easy, it was more about getting to know each other than reciting accounting skills or ideas I've mastered. The company defiantly tries to get people that match the company culture.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I was interested in the big 4 and why I did not want to work there.   Answer Question
    I received a phone call with the offer. I asked McGladrey to email me the contract before I made any decisions. I emailed the contract once I decided to accept.

Intern Interview

Very conversational, future-oriented questions

Pathways Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in February 2014.

Super relaxed process. Spoke with them at my schools career fair and they asked me to interview with them at on campus interviews. I was really nervous but it was laid back. All they wanted to do was get to know you. They asked the typical questions of why McGladrey? Why not the big 4?

Interview Questions
    • None were difficult. No behavioral based questions. Just be yourself!   Answer Question
    It was for a leadership 2 day program no negotiating.

Tax Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP in February 2014.

Short 30 minute on campus interview with one person. A second-round office interview consisting of two 45 minute interviews. Questions general and covering the resume and school. One or two behavioral but nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time you had a group project that had problems, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question