McGladrey LLP

Updated 8 Dec, 2014
Updated 8 Dec, 2014

2.6

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT (US)

I applied online – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

The HR department called weeks after applying online. They wanted transcripts prior to the interview. First interview went great. The representative was friendly and easy to talk to. I received a call back but at the second interview a different representative asked a lot of tax specific questions when it was an entry level position

Assurance Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

I applied using university career service and got a school interview. My interviewer was a audit director, very humble and soft spoken person. He was really cordial and made me very comfortable. The first question he asked me is to tell about me and what i like and do thats not in the resume.

Tax Senior Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2014.

I got the phone call from the recruiter almost the day after I applied for the position online. The recruiter asked some basic questions such as background, job expectation, summary of past experience, totaled 15 minutes. After I told her that I was scheduled for an on-site interview the next week, she scheduled an interview with them immediately.
    The interview was with two directors and one partner. One director seemed pretty serious at the beginning. No specific technical questions or behavior questions asked. Just briefly talking about my past experience, career interests, etc. Another director was more doing the promotion of the company, talking about how great it was to work for this company. Also tried to feel your personality. Finally the partner interview was a bit rough. He came in telling me having not looked at my resume, and asked me to tell him about myself. Tips is to stay calm when interviewer showed less interests in you. He also asked about how I supervised other accountants, some projects I worked on, research skills, etc. He showed more interests as our conversation progressed. I got an offer about three days later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected. Be familiar with your past experience.   Answer Question
    I was offered more than I expected so I didn't negotiate.

Javascript Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2014.

I did an initial phone interview with the hiring manager where we talked about my past experiences, the job, exceptions, and salary for over an hour. The team was currently three members, with two of them in Chicago and one in Minneapolis, I would be working out of the Des Moines office. About a week later I moved on to a technical interview with two of the members of the team I would be working with. Conversation went very well for well over an hour, until we got to salary. I told them the same thing I told the hiring manager, but the conversation/interview abruptly ended there. Two weeks later I got a call from the original hiring manager that they were going to go with a local person. Three days later I got an alert from their website saying a new job was posted, which was the same one.

Pathways Summer Leadership Program Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2014.

I got referred through a current employee and had a phone interview with the recruiter. We set a time before hand that worked best for both of us and the recruiter called me during that time. The interview was very casual, basically the recruiter wanted to know which way I was headed in accounting. If I was thinking about doing tex or auditing etc.

IT Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

The hiring process and interview process was very organized. They were very quick to get back to me regarding the position. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were conversational. There was not any impossible questions to answer.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation made.

Risk Advisory Services Associate Interview

Went through campus recruiting, and then was invited to come down for a final interview in their downtown office. After the initial invite, I didn't hear any details until a week before. I was told after the final interview that I'd hear back in 2 weeks; however, I didn't end up hearing back until over a month later because the recruiter left the company. I had to call the office to inquire about the status on the position, and received a very generic rejection email after waiting so long.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you did not work well or there was a conflict with a team member.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

I was a campus recruit and I got to the office visit level . The campus recruiter was very friendly, she remembered me from numerous interactions prior and she answered any question I had. I then met with various tax partners who didn't ask me very many questions about the job, they were mainly focused on my personality and things I am interested in.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions, which was a nice change of pace, compared to an interview with a big 4 firm. I could tell McGladrey was trying to hire the best person and not the person with the highest GPA.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP in April 2014.

applied through school. got a campus interview which was very relaxed.. 30 mins not hard at all if you are familiar with the company and its values.. after 3 weeks i got an email to do an office interview. 3 interviews back to back each about 30 mins each.. relaxed and conversational

Interview Questions
    • n/a. all questions were very easy to answer.. there wasn't any technical questions... just be prepared to keep the conversation going bc there will be a moment of silence if you do not have any questions for them. also be prepared to answer behavioral questions   Answer Question
    got a call from my recruiter with an offer. she emailed me the offer and gave me 3 weeks to decide

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in April 2014.

Multiple call interactions with human resources. One in-person interview with two partners. They were willing to give me an offer, but had reservations about my requested salary. Then multiple insulting call interactions with human resources telling me the requested salary was unreasonable, after I was told by someone who works for McGladrey in another office in the same division as this position what to ask for and what to expect in salary; the asking salary was also in line with market data for the position. They wanted to offer between $63-68k, when market data was a median of $99 and a low of 74. HR was badgering and insulting with regards to my background and asking salary.

Interview Questions
    • All questions asked in my in-person interview were fair and not out of the ordinary. Questions from HR concerning my current and expected salary were badgering and insulting.   Answer Question

Difficult and insulting human resource contact.