McGladrey LLP

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in January 2014.

Interview Details Applied at Univ career website. Met one associate, two partners, and recruiter at career fair. Followed up with e-mail. Interviewed on campus shortly afterward.

Interview Question – Conversational talk. Very friendly and interesting interviewer which makes the process enjoyable for both of us. Why accounting? GPA? Who else from firm I've met?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at McGladrey LLP

Interview Details Very conversational, future-oriented questions

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in December 2011.

Interview Details Extremely disorganized recruitment process and vetting of new employees. I went for a first interview and never heard back until almost 2 months later when they were desperate for people. The day I had my second interview, the last associate in the entire office had quit. I should have stayed away.

Interview Question – The interview was mostly conversational. They ask the usual questions about your background and why you want to work there.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much of a negotiation phase since this was an entry-level position. The firm is in collusion with other accounting firms in the area to keep all salaries for positions the same, regardless of your skill set.

Very Easy Interview

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Gainesville, FL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in January 2014.

Interview Details Interview was extremely laid-back and was an extension of the conversation I had previously had with the partner. Some of the usual questions about my resume, but most of the time I spent asking him questions. The entire process seems to be a feeling out and finding the proper "fit" between myself and McGladrey. No technical questions were asked.

Interview Question – What can McGladrey to improve as a Company?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate
Bethesda, MD (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in December 2010.

Interview Details The process went smoothly. They wanted to get a better idea of you as a person vs what your resume said.

Interview Question – I don't remember any technical questions. They were more interested in getting to know your personality   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate
Irvine, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2011.

Interview Details On Campus Interviews- 1 manager interview
In House interviews- 3 interviews with managers/supervisors
Lunch with associates, senior associates, and supervisors (informal interview to see how you get along with the team)

Interview Question – What is a time you had a challenge and how did you overcome it?
Do you work well with others? How
  Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details On campus interview by a senior manager, who was accompanied by a few first years. The next day I was invited to head down to the office for more interviews. For the in-office interview, I interviewed with four people - a senior, a supervisor, a manager, and a partner.

Interview Question – Be prepared to ask a lot of questions during the interview. In my case, more than one of the interviewers essentially asked me to interview them.   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

Assurance

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2013.

Interview Details Applied via Online and was contacted within a week. I spoke with HR and at first everything uneasy - but I assumed HR had an off day. HR set up an in-person office interview w/ two partners and a director. Note that HR provides the interviewer's names - so prepare interview questions to ask them. Ie, I saw that you worked here for X years, (insert question).

Office Interview: Interviewers asked some questions regarding my work experience - however were more concerned about your personality (which is true for most Public accounting firms). My tip is be yourself and be able to recite your resume details (with real-life examples) without looking at it.

Overall prepare by (1) reviewing your resume (2) research recent/major news about McGladrey (3) practice STAR questions (4) prepare questions to ask interviewer

Interview Question – As noted above, interviewers will ask you to walk through resume and give examples of your listed duties.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – They took over two weeks to extend an offer (obliviously I was on their waitlist since I knew the person they offered first). However, I received an offer from a Big 4 firm during the wait period. So some other poor soul waited even longer to receive their offer. One thing that annoyed me was that the HR was irritated and felt 'betrayed' that I had accepted an other firm's offer.

Human Resources Interview

Interviewed at McGladrey LLP

Interview Details It was a normal interview process

Interview Question – Not really a difficult question, it was really what skills I had to date   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2013.

Interview Details applied online on university career resource website, was invited for first round interview on campus. attended a meet and greet (drinks and hors d'oeuvres) at a local restaurant the evening before the interview, interviewed with a partner the following day, very conversational, heard back from the recruiter 1-2 weeks later and was invited for a second round interview in the office, again very conversational met with a partner and a specialist in the office and attended a dinner while in town

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for McGladrey?   Answer Question