McGladrey LLP

Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
New Haven, CT (US)

I applied online and interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details The HR department called weeks after applying online. They wanted transcripts prior to the interview. First interview went great. The representative was friendly and easy to talk to. I received a call back but at the second interview a different representative asked a lot of tax specific questions when it was an entry level position

Interview Question – Multiple questions on corporate tax.   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Assurance Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details I applied using university career service and got a school interview. My interviewer was a audit director, very humble and soft spoken person. He was really cordial and made me very comfortable. The first question he asked me is to tell about me and what i like and do thats not in the resume.

Interview Question – no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Pathways Summer Leadership Program Interview

Pathways Summer Leadership Program

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2014.

Interview Details I got referred through a current employee and had a phone interview with the recruiter. We set a time before hand that worked best for both of us and the recruiter called me during that time. The interview was very casual, basically the recruiter wanted to know which way I was headed in accounting. If I was thinking about doing tex or auditing etc.

Interview Question – Why public or private accounting?   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Tax Intern
Duluth, MN (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2013.

Interview Details There was a preliminary interview and if you did well you would move on to a second stream of interviews. I had three interviews with two partners and a manager over the course of four hours. It's exhausting, but the key is to be open and honest as well as comfortable meeting new people and being under pressure. The questions were more personal than work related in some cases.

Interview Question – They will ask you about your extra-curricular involvement and will point out any flaws they see on your transcript, so be ready to answer andy school related questions.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Minneapolis, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in April 2014.

Interview Details Multiple call interactions with human resources. One in-person interview with two partners. They were willing to give me an offer, but had reservations about my requested salary. Then multiple insulting call interactions with human resources telling me the requested salary was unreasonable, after I was told by someone who works for McGladrey in another office in the same division as this position what to ask for and what to expect in salary; the asking salary was also in line with market data for the position. They wanted to offer between $63-68k, when market data was a median of $99 and a low of 74. HR was badgering and insulting with regards to my background and asking salary.

Interview Question – All questions asked in my in-person interview were fair and not out of the ordinary. Questions from HR concerning my current and expected salary were badgering and insulting.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Difficult and insulting human resource contact.

IT Auditor Interview

IT Auditor
Schaumburg, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details The hiring process and interview process was very organized. They were very quick to get back to me regarding the position. Overall great experience.

Interview Question – The questions were conversational. There was not any impossible questions to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation made.

Risk Advisory Services Associate Interview

Risk Advisory Services Associate

Interviewed at McGladrey LLP

Interview Details Went through campus recruiting, and then was invited to come down for a final interview in their downtown office. After the initial invite, I didn't hear any details until a week before. I was told after the final interview that I'd hear back in 2 weeks; however, I didn't end up hearing back until over a month later because the recruiter left the company. I had to call the office to inquire about the status on the position, and received a very generic rejection email after waiting so long.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you did not work well or there was a conflict with a team member.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate
Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details I was a campus recruit and I got to the office visit level . The campus recruiter was very friendly, she remembered me from numerous interactions prior and she answered any question I had. I then met with various tax partners who didn't ask me very many questions about the job, they were mainly focused on my personality and things I am interested in.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions, which was a nice change of pace, compared to an interview with a big 4 firm. I could tell McGladrey was trying to hire the best person and not the person with the highest GPA.   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Audit Intern
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details Met with a campus recruiter at Career Fair. Offered an on-campus interview with one of the partners who was an alumni. Very simple behavioral based interview where he made me feel very comfortable. Went to NYC for in-office interview where I was with a group of roughly 15 other students applying. We were all separated and met with 2 different partners for 2 30-minute interviews. One of the partners was a bit condescending so I could tell it didn't go too well. After the interviews, two entry level staff members took a small group of us out to lunch. Overall was a nice day-long process with the exception of the one partner making me a few rude comments during the interview.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at McGladrey LLP

Interview Details It was a straight forward process and interviewers were professional and pleasant.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question