McGladrey LLP

Updated 8 Dec, 2014

2.6

Staff Auditor Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Only went through one interview - they seemed to take candidates who did not do as well in school as the Big 4 liked, which was beneficial. Just because someone is book smart does not mean that they can do their job well.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unusual or difficult questions - typical interview questions only.   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Met a partner at University event and he sent my resume to recruiter. I had a phone interview and then did not hear back. Was contacted a few weeks later by a senior recruiter and set up interview with Consulting team. Met with partner in consulting as well as a director.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, typical interview. Very nice & felt like more of a conversation.   Answer Question

Learning Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

I began with a phone interview. Very straightforward - was asked about my experience, why I wanted to leave my current job, and was asked a few situational/behavioral questions ("What is your least favorite thing about your current job?" "What is your favorite thing about your current job?" "What role have you filled in a team you've been on?", "tell me about a time you worked on a project without direct supervision," etc.)

Heard back the next week and scheduled an in-person interview for later that week. Was not told approximately how long the interview would be, which I would have appreciated, as the interview was in the middle of the work-day, and it ended up being 2 hours long (factor in travel, and that's 3 hours of my work day). I first met with a manager via video conference, followed by an in-person interview with a director, followed by coffee with two members of the team.
    My interviews were very relaxed and conversational. The manager chose not to ask me scripted questions, but rather talked a lot about herself, the team, and the department, and allowed me open-ended time to discuss my work experience and skills in light of what she had shared. My interview with the director was identical, if not even less focused towards my experience and skills; she told me they were confident I was qualified for the position, but that they were primarily concerned about finding the right "team fit." Coffee with the two team members afterwards, which was not supposed to be an interview but rather an "off-the-record" time for me to ask questions, actually felt most like an interview out of the whole process.
    I was told I would be contacted early the next week, but was not contacted until the week after that.

All in all, the process was very relaxed, and I appreciated getting to know about the members of the team, but I also felt it was lacking in substance. For being told that they were looking for best team fit, I would have liked the opportunity to discuss how I function on a team and what I've offered to a team, and I expected that they would have contacted my references. They did none of these things. In fact, they spent a substantial amount of time talking about themselves. The team members I went to coffee with asked me more questions than I was asked in the interview, which seemed a bit flip-flopped. All of this left me feeling a bit frustrated and like my time was not respected.

Interview Questions
    • Phone interview questions were all very easy; I was not really asked any questions in the in-person interview   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Campus Recuiter, gave them my resume. Applied through school career center and their website. Had an on campus interview, then interview in their office. Did not hear back for weeks so knew it wasn't the right position for me.

Interview Questions
    • How many bullets would you fit in this room?   View Answer

Assurance Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

First round interviews, got to chat with one of the current employees while waiting. First interview was a lot about what I was looking for. could tell interviewer was tired after interviewing all day.
    Second round.. one presentation about the company, then a brief office tour, and then three interviews with different level staffs. Mostly about why McGladrey, why audit, groupwork, my knowledge about McGladrey's auditing practice, etc. Lunch after for over an hour.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Went to the career fair and then applied for the internship. Got invited to the social event in the town of my college. Started with an interview on campus. Was then invited to do the in office interviews where I went to another social event the night before and met the employees of that office. The next day I sat with 2 separate partners and had 30 min interviews. Asked behavioral questions and had general conversation about my plans and current life situation.

Interview Questions
    • Conversations led to things I didn't want to talk about. Would ask a question and I gave a brief answer on the topic. They pressed for more information.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

I reached out to McGladrey at a career fair, and after a week or so, I emailed them as a follow up. Soon afterwards, I received an invitation to an on-campus interview. This consisted of laid-back conversation with one employer, and all we did was go over my resume, and ask questions of course.

Interview Questions
    • I was caught off-guard since I had prepared for difficult questions, but all we did was go over the resume. He simply said, "Tell me about your resume and experience."   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

Met them at a career expo and received an invitation to interview at our career center. The interview was extremely casual and felt more like a conversation. I was able to steer it to whatever topics I wanted. I was told there would be a case question, but was never asked one.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had difficulty working on a team? What did you do about it?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Met at career fair, applied through university, had 2 interviews- 1 at school and 1 in office
    Interviews were very easy and casual, no analytic questions
    Office interview contained 2 interviews plus presentation

Risk Advisory Experienced Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2014.

Got the interview opportunity at the career fair. After too many rounds of email negotiation, talked with the partner from the Risk Advisory department. Nothing difficult, more like a casual conversation.

Interview Questions
    • Just go through the resume and ask about the former working experience.   Answer Question