McGladrey LLP Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr, 2015

2.6

Consulting Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Overall a great interview process. HR was extremely helpful and the interview process had no case component which allowed you to really express who you are and why you're a good fit.

Round 1: In office: Three consecutive 30-45 minute interviews (Associate, Manager, Director). Mainly asking why you want to work there over other firms (important to note middle market)
    - A good reason for the middle market is that you are put on meaningful projects that you won't get in boutique firms, but get exposure to decision makers which you might not get at a large firm.

Round 2: Confirmation email with another Director
    - Overall very friendly environment

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

There was an interview on campus after many meetings through networking events. I had never met the person interviewing me prior to the interview. Attending the events was definitely worth it though to grasp the culture of the firm.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why did you pick accounting.
      Why us?

Summer Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

I had an initial interview with a recruiter. Very laid back. She basically told me about the job, didn't ask me many questions at all. Very laid back. I had the second interview with an audit manager. It was very conversational. Common behavioral questions, very laid back atmosphere. Definitely have plenty of questions ready to ask the interviewer. Overall a great experience. I got a call about an hour after the interview offering me the position.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

First had a phone interview to set up the interview and then met with a senior and partner in the office. At the office I got a tour at first and then went in for the interview. I was told I would receive a call back quickly.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle a group situation that didn't go according to plan?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

Very laid back and conversational - Interviewed with 2 partners who were very easy to talk to. The entire interview process was about an hour long. I was interviewed during my externship and received an offer the next day.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

I went in for an office interview and met with a partner for about an hour. It was a very warm environment and the staff were nice. I thought I would have more interviews but only spoke with the partner. I was asked typical interview questions more than behavioral, which surprised me. Afterwards, I probably asked the partner 8-10 questions but he seemed impressed that I did my research and I was curious about the firm's culture.

Got the call later that day that I got the position.

Interview Questions

• Strengths/Weaknesses
      What is your ideal job?
      Questions regarding my resume and how I went into accounting

Pathways Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Cedar Rapids, IA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I emailed my resume to an HR after hearing about the program via my college. I heard back in two days and we set up a time for a phone interview. I was accepted within a week.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you? What is your ultimate goal? Tell me about your least favorite supervisor.   1 Answer

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume through my school website. I received an email about a month later asking to come to interview. I met with three professionals. Each professional take about 30-40 minutes. They didn't ask any difficult questions. Prepare to ask plenty of questions. They briefly describe what I will be doing for this position. They replied me after two weeks of interview date.

Interview Questions

• General Interview Questions:
      -Tell me about yourself (Not on resume)
      - Why do you choose accounting?
      - Why do you choose audit over tax?

Pathways Externship Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP (New Haven, CT (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

A professor e-mailed all accounting majors with specifications for applying. I sent my resume and cover letter, which were passed on to a McGladrey recruiter. Within 4 weeks, I had an interview at the nearest McGladrey office. The interview was more of a conversation. No traditional behavioral questions were asked. I'd recommend having losts of questions or the conversation may trail off. Also, make sure to be informed about the company.

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in March 2015.

Interview

Met at career fair, got interview a few weeks later for on campus. Very conversational interview, no behavioral questions. why mcgladrey, why audit, public vs private. Know mcgladrey and why you want to work there. understand your resume, be conversational and make sure to seem interested. beyond that, not much else is needed in the interview.