McGladrey LLP

Relevance Date Difficulty

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
Raleigh, NC (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in May 2012.

Interview Details Met with recruiters at a college campus recruiting event. Then was asked to lunch with one of the firm's partners and one of the directors. Was later asked to come to the office location and met with several of the senior staff, shook hands with partners. Also toured the office location and was taken out to dinner.

Interview Questions

• General questions - Tell me about yourself. What made you decide to major in accounting?   View Answer
  • What are your greatest strengths? Weaknesses?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I should have asked for more. As a college student I knew what other students were getting, and my offer was in the range. But I worked my way through college while holding down several part-time jobs and had prior accounting experience at a private company. If I had emphasized my experience level, I would have set myself apart from the other student recruits.

Intern Interview

Intern
Orlando, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details I knew someone who worked in the office and they passed my resume on to HR. I had a simple phone interview followed by an office interview with 2 directors / Senior managers. The interview was very conversational and just looking to see how I would fit in with the firm. There were no technical questions or behavioral questions but more just trying to learn about my personality and working habits.

Interview Question – The hardest question to answer was just how I think I fit into their culture. With someone coming from very little work experience it was difficult for me to think of things that would add value to their firm.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant

Interviewed at McGladrey LLP

Interview Details They have definite age restrictions. They like younger people to train and help with their process.
They have quite a big turnover and have many international spots. They are flexible with the work schedule and easy to work for regarding time.

Interview Question – there were no suprises. I do not remember the process it has been to long.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They approached me to work many years ago. There was not an personal interview process.They were very friendly on the phone interview. The FDIC needed me to help on a project.

Sumemr Tax Interview

Sumemr Tax

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details Applied to the Pathways Leadership program on campus and was invited to participate in the program after a 30 minute on-campus interview. I had met the recruiter before so the interview went well. I participated in the two day program, and following the conclusion of the program I interviewed with one of the partners of the tax practice. Two days later I received an offer to join the company next summer in the tax department. I had a very positive experience with the company and I am looking forward to joining the company next summer.

Interview Question – Have you applied to or considered working for the Big 4?   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

Assurance
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in January 2010.

Interview Details Recruited on college campus. Second round interview was in Chicago. In Chicago, I interviewed with two different partners in the firm. I heard back from the human resources department within a week.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Audit Interview

Audit

Interviewed at McGladrey LLP

Interview Details 2 interviews, one on campus and one at the main office. both interviews were conversational in nature. there was a pre-interview dinner before the first round. i felt like the interviews were just tests to see if you would fit with the company.

Interview Question – not difficult, but crucial question: why are you interested in mcgladrey? your answer to this question is pretty much all they need to know.   Answer Question

Experienced Audit Associate Interview

Experienced Audit Associate
Minneapolis, MN (US)

I applied online - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2013.

Interview Details Applied online through website,, contacted a former classmate who was a supervisor and he gave a good recommendation. Did phone interview and went in for a face to face with 2 partners. No real hard questions, offered the job almost immediately.

Negotiation Details – I countered the first offer and they increased it.

Very Easy Interview

Pathways Leadership Program Interview

Pathways Leadership Program
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details I was invited to the program after meeting with one of the tax directors at a school function. Making sure you follow up with firm representatives is crucial in the recruiting process. Every step must be measured, but if you send the follow up emails and know how to network the process will be much easier for you.

Interview Question – My conversation with the recruiter was very conversational and no behavioral questions. The hardest question was explaining my part of my undergraduate GPA (2 years wasn't so hot), but she was very understanding.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
New Haven, CT (US)

I applied online and interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details The HR department called weeks after applying online. They wanted transcripts prior to the interview. First interview went great. The representative was friendly and easy to talk to. I received a call back but at the second interview a different representative asked a lot of tax specific questions when it was an entry level position

Interview Question – Multiple questions on corporate tax.   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Assurance Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details I applied using university career service and got a school interview. My interviewer was a audit director, very humble and soft spoken person. He was really cordial and made me very comfortable. The first question he asked me is to tell about me and what i like and do thats not in the resume.

Interview Question – no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Worked for McGladrey LLP? Contribute to the Community!