McGladrey LLP

Getting the Interview

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Blue Bell, PA (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in December 2013.

Interview Details I interviewed with two different people. The first being someone who was high up in auditing (I'm not sure if he was a partner or not), and the second being someone in HR. The entire process took about 30-40 minutes. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I applied online and then I called a few days later to ask if they were hiring, and I got an interview.

Interview Question – What kind of culture do you want to work for
Describe a difficult situation you had in the past and how you worked through it.
(Questions were not very difficult)
  View Answer

Interviewed at McGladrey LLP

Interview Details Very conversational, future-oriented questions

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Interviewed at McGladrey LLP

Interview Details ....................................................................................................................

Interview Question – Can you think about the most unforgettable teamwork experience?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in September 2012.

Interview Details There were 2 interviews, 1 on campus and 1 on in the home office. Interview with an associate on campus for about 30 minutes and it wasn't technical, he asked a few questions about my resume and the rest of the time was left for me to ask questions. Interviewed with a manager and partner at the home office and I had the same experience.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions or case study. It was simply a personality interview.   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in January 2013.

Interview Details Was introduced to company through job fair. Had one phone interview which was simple and easy and 2 part face-to-face interview. The interviewers were very kind and I was relaxed throughout the process.

Interview Question – Only had 3.3 overall GPA and they asked me why they should take me as an intern rather than someone with a higher GPA.   Answer Question

Denver, CO (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2012.

Interview Details The interview process was surprisingly fun. I really liked that McGladrey was a big firm, but was still small enough where everyone actually knew each other.

Interview Question – The interview was actually pretty low key, we mainly talked about the NHL lockout and what to expect in public accounting.   Answer Question

Tysons Corner, VA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2012.

Interview Details Did a first round of interviews at my school, they got back to me quickly (within a few days) and invited me up to their office in Vienna/Tyson's Corner for a final round of interviews. On the day of my final interviews, they provided transportation from my school for me and 10 other students in the form of a Hummer Limo. We got there and had breakfast and introductions, then did two approximately 30-45 minute interviews. Usually one is with a newer, lower-level employee and the other with an upper-level manager/director/partner etc. Then, we were given a quick tour and lunch before finally leaving. The people were all awesome. I received the formal offer 3 hours later and accepted....best experience ever by far!

Interview Question – The interviews were not difficult, mine were simply one-on-one and conversational. However, if you aren't prepared with a lot of questions and aren't able to ad lib off of their responses, you might struggle. Be comfortable and confident, but also give clear and definitive responses. Don't say you'll do anything they want, say you want audit or tax and even profit/non-profit if you want it. Also, if you want the job ASK FOR IT. At the end of my interview I gave a little last pitch about how I really wanted the position and that they were my number 1 choice (but only say it if you mean it, which i did).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered, and I accepted.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview Details I was interviewed by a partner who I could tell right off the bad did not like me. I could tell she really did not like being there. There was a focus on behavioral questions, and really trying to push the actual topic away from auditing.

Interview Question – How would your friend's describe you if they were only allowed to use one word?   Answer Question

Des Moines, IA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in September 2011.

Interview Details Recruited via Unversity recruitment. 1st interview on campus one on one not too difficult pretty standard. Then at company office there was a group of us. The day consisted of presentation, tour, and one on one interviews with two people in firm. Not too bad pretty standard again.

Interview Question – Tell me about your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Liked the company went with larger company with more national offices.

Intern Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2011.

Interview Details I really did not feel I had the opportunity to get to know the interviewer. I felt like the interviewer was the drill sergeant and I was a cadet. I was asked questions about how I could audit someone when I did not balance my checkbook and high level "what can you do for us" type questions. By the end of the interview, I was hesitant to ask anything personal for the interviewer.

Interview Question – How can you audit someone when you don't balance your own checkbook?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at McGladrey LLP

Worked for McGladrey LLP? Contribute to the Community!

McGladrey LLP Videos

McGladrey LLP – Why Work for Us?

McGladrey LLP is the largest U.S. provider of assurance, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market, with nearly 6,700 people in more than 75 cities nationwide. McGladrey is a licensed CPA firm. It is the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McGladrey LLP Intern interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by McGladrey LLP employees and interview candidates.