McGladrey LLP

Updated 16 Nov, 2014

2.7

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

First round interviews, got to chat with one of the current employees while waiting. First interview was a lot about what I was looking for. could tell interviewer was tired after interviewing all day.
Second round.. one presentation about the company, then a brief office tour, and then three interviews with different level staffs. Mostly about why McGladrey, why audit, groupwork, my knowledge about McGladrey's auditing practice, etc. Lunch after for over an hour.

Other Interview Reviews for McGladrey LLP

Assurance Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2014.

Applied on McGladrey website after seeing the position posted on my alma mater's career website. Normally would have been an on-campus interview however I graduated over a year ago so I followed up via phone with HR/Recruiter in order to get noticed because anyone more than one semester removed is not allowed to apply for campus interviews. HR was nice - told me to email my resume and transcripts and that she would forward them to hiring managers. Was contacted about a month later on a Thursday and asked to come in for an office interview the following Monday. The interview process involved 4 consecutive 30 minute interviews with partners and managers. Very conversational interviews for the most part. A couple of them asked standard questions such as "tell me about a time you worked on a group project and what the positives and negatives were" and "describe a time when you went above and beyond expectations." One of the partners talked the entire time about his knowledge of the profession and stated that he did not even look at my resume. I think that this is a firm where it really depends on who you get for your interviewer. Not the cut and dry interview procedure that some larger firms do. My guess is that they just want to know that you can communicate and are a good fit personality-wise. After several interviews, my best advice is to be yourself because that is how you will find the best fit. Know the company and ask solid questions about the profession and company culture. Display a willingness to adapt and learn.

Interview Questions
    • "Talk about a time where you had a different view than a co worker on something in the work place and how you dealt with it"   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

I applied using university career service and got a school interview. My interviewer was a audit director, very humble and soft spoken person. He was really cordial and made me very comfortable. The first question he asked me is to tell about me and what i like and do thats not in the resume.

Assurance Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

The people I spoke with, both on campus and office interviews, were incredibly nice. The conversation flowed easy, it was more about getting to know each other than reciting accounting skills or ideas I've mastered. The company defiantly tries to get people that match the company culture.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I was interested in the big 4 and why I did not want to work there.   Answer Question
    I received a phone call with the offer. I asked McGladrey to email me the contract before I made any decisions. I emailed the contract once I decided to accept.

Assurance Associate Interview

First interaction was at a career fair, applied for the job and was called for an interview. One on one interview got an email for an office interview within 5 days. Office interview consisted of 2 interviews and a lunch. Received offer 9 days later.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions a reasonably prepared person would find difficult, interviews were simple and more conversational.   Answer Question
    I negotiated nothing I liked the offer and the company. It was a phone call then an acceptance via email.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

I was able to skip the first round interviews because I was part of their Summer Leadership Program. First-round interviews are usually held on campus. Second round interviews were held in-office. We were first given a presentation on the different opportunities McGladrey has to offer and an office tour. Then three different people interviewed me, who were managers or directors. They really tried to make it a relaxed environment.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly there were no unexpected questions, but the one I had most difficulty with was asking about a teamwork conflict from my work experience (most of my internships were individual work).   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2013.

Participated in on campus recruiting event. Meet with representatives at an on campus career fair. Was offered an on campus interview with an assurance manager in the Chicago office. A week later I was invited to their Chicago office for another interview. The entire process took about four weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had a successful group project and and unsuccessful one.   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2013.

Spoke with them at campus career fair. I was told to apply through both the McGladrey website and the university website. Invited to campus interview and a dinner at an up-scale local restaurant the night before. Each table a the dinner was a mix of candidates, partners, and associates.

The on-campus interview was 30 minutes with a partner. Relaxed interview, went over my resume and experience. Maybe 1 behavioral question. I received an invitation for an office interview within a couple of days.

The office interview started in the morning in the conference room with all the candidates interviewing and the campus recruiters. Basic ice-breaker stuff, introducing ourselves, playing a trivia game, plans for the weekend, etc. I then had two 45 min interviews back to back. The first with a manager and the second with a partner. From what I gathered interviewers at this stage do not follow a script and the style varies from person to person. Both of my interviews were conversational (Why do you want to work here? Why accounting? Why Audit, etc.) There was maybe one behavioral question in each interview (Tell me about a time when...). If you have gotten to this point they are pretty sure you have the technical skills and they are trying to see if you are a good fit personality wise. After the interviews were over, they had some of their newer associates take us on an office tour and then out to lunch at a nice restaurant. I did not even make it back to school before the campus recruiter called and extended a job offer.

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at McGladrey LLP.

HR contacted me for interview. If you know someone in company, you have better chance of getting an interview. I was referred by another employee. Other friends of mine who had better resume and qualification than me applied through website and never heard back. There is only one interview round. It was very laid back. Regular interview questions like "tell me about yourself". Basic interview I would say.

Interview Questions
    • It was a very basic and simple interview. No hard questions. The interviewer only wanted to know basic information; for example my previous job, what I did etc   Answer Question
    I was offered a reasonable rate and I accepted it.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Met with multiple employees during the process and all were friendly and down to earth. It was more of a get to know you to make sure you fit with the company type interview.

Interview Questions
    • One of the interviewers asked the "Tell me about yourself" questions, which I think is a difficult question for a lot of people.   Answer Question