McGladrey LLP

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in February 2012.

Interview Details Phone interview with recruiter...what did I like about accounting, how would I fit in, name an example of when my teammates weren't pulling their weight, etc.

Interview Question – An example of when your teammates didn't pull their weight--what did you do to rectify the situation?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They offered me a follow-up office visit which was to occur on a Tuesday in March. I am posting a negative review because #1 - they knew I would be coming from Tampa and, being on a Tuesday, would have required me to miss 2 days of work for my current employer; #2 - they timed the office visit right in the middle of busy season. Needless to say, I did not attend the office visit.

Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in March 2012.

Interview Details Had a 30 minute phone interview. Lady who was interviewing me was very friendly and almost made it seem informal. Asked a few behavioral questions, mostly about how I would have handled something differently in my past work experiences. Asked why I chose McGladrey over some of the other public accounting firms.

Interview Question – Why would you choose McGladrey over one of the Big 4 accounting firms?   View Answer

Associate

The process took 3 months - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2010.

Interview Details Spoke with HR representative in early September. I followed up multiple times to get an interview. Interview consists of simple stuff: prior job experiences, problems you've run into on the job & how you solved them, and examples of working with people to achieve goals. Just your typical conversational public accounting interview.

Interview Question – Why public accounting? Why McGladrey?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because I was told my offer was "standard."

Associate

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at McGladrey LLP in November 2008.

Interview Details There were 3 interviews times total but I had to speak with four people individually total. It was very friendly. If you show a positive attitude they are really responsive.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Awful because of the financial conditions in 2008. They weren't flexible.

Interviews for Top Jobs at McGladrey LLP

Worked for McGladrey LLP? Contribute to the Community!

McGladrey LLP Videos

McGladrey LLP – Why Work for Us?

McGladrey LLP is the largest U.S. provider of assurance, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market, with nearly 6,700 people in more than 75 cities nationwide. McGladrey is a licensed CPA firm. It is the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McGladrey LLP Associate interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by McGladrey LLP employees and interview candidates.