McDonald's

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Vancouver, BC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in May 2010.

Interview Details I applied online and then I dropped off my resume at the store. Two of my friends were working there and I guess they recommanded me to the manager. I can't really remember if I had a phone interview or not. I had one in-person intervew with the manager. It wasn't a formal interview. I wore a plaid shirt, black jeans and flats to the interview and we sat down between one of the tables in the store. She asked a few general behavioral questions. I was able to answer all of them. Then one week later I was hired.

Interview Question – What would you do if a team member isn't contributing?   View Answer

Crew Member/Counter/DT Interview

Crew Member/Counter/DT
Brantford, ON

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's in July 2013.

Interview Details After I applied online through the McDonalds website I received a call within a few days for an interview. I agreed to the interview and went to it. I was really scared at first and I thought it would help for me to loosen up by talking to the other people waiting to be interviewed so I did and it helped me relax a lot. When it was my turn to be interviewed I went over and sat in the booth with one of the head McDonalds people who work in the office and she asked me very basic questions like why do you want to work here and what makes you so people friendly, what would your friends describe you as in one word, etc. I found that just being myself and answering the questions to the best of my ability really helped. I also made the person interviewing me laugh because we were talking about my previous job experience as I've done a bit of everything. My best advice is dress nice but not a suit or anything. I wore a sundress and to have a good attitude and try to make the person interviewing you smile. Oh, and most importantly be yourself because if you aren't being yourself than the interviewer can definitely tell.

Interview Question – there were no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A few days after my interview I received a call telling me that I got the job and I also received a packet of information on where to go for the presentation about working for McDonalds and what is expected of me.

Pickering, ON

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in April 2012.

Interview Details I applied online but like most people I know I didn't get a response so I decided to go on National hiring day. They made me do a multiple choice quiz with 50 questions (The same ones as online), which tested the how much of a team player you are. Immediately after finishing, I got an interview and they asked me questions to clarify things on my resume as well as teamwork and communication based questions like "What would you do if a customer becomes unhappy?", "What would you do if a customers child looks unhappy?". I basically answered stating that I would put on a smile and do whatever is in my power to make their day.

Interview Question – There wasn't any difficult or unexpected questions. They were standard questions that you would receive at any minimum wage job.   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Trainee

I applied through another source and interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details normal interview by hr head... pretty basic questions need to know your background and need to be able to work long hours
its good to be able to know yourcareer goals
need to be able express interest

Interview Question – work experience   Answer Question

Floor Manager Interview

Floor Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details Get application form from the store, fill the form and attend the walk in interview, get call in a week, second interview by the store manager and start in a week.

Interview Question – Availability for work specially mid night   View Answer

Laval, QC

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in March 2010.

Interview Details It was a fun interview and the hiring manager made me feel at ease. I was provided with a great introduction to what I might be doing, potential shifts available, salary, and expectations for performance. Once the initial interview was well underway and I was feeling comfortable, we were joined by another member of the management staff who reviewed our discussion and asked a few additional questions.

Interview Question – Would you be interested in taking on a supervisory role at this company?   Answer Question

Crew Member

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details Went in to see the manager and got myself an interview the following week. The interview consist of basic questions.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions. All were typical interview questions like "Why do you want to work here?"   Answer Question

Line Position Interview

Line Position

Interviewed at McDonald's

Interview Details asked what my experience was with fast food industry

Interview Question – tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Montreal, QC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's in October 2010.

Interview Details Very basic, asked situational questions.

Interview Question – Can you give a time you have ever dealt with failure?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not job for me

Cashier Interview

Cashier

Interviewed at McDonald's

Interview Details Nothing difficult, just some basic interview questions such as tell me about yourself, why us? what are some of your skills..etc.

Interview Question – How did you overcome a big change?   Answer Question

Worked for McDonald's? Contribute to the Community!