McDonald's

700 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Line Position Interview

Interviewed at McDonald's

Interview Details asked what my experience was with fast food industry

Interview Question – tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Montreal, QC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's in October 2010.

Interview Details Very basic, asked situational questions.

Interview Question – Can you give a time you have ever dealt with failure?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not job for me

Interviewed at McDonald's

Interview Details Nothing difficult, just some basic interview questions such as tell me about yourself, why us? what are some of your skills..etc.

Interview Question – How did you overcome a big change?   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Crew Member
Surrey, BC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in February 2012.

Interview Details Apply either in person or online. You proceed to fill out application forms and are told that they would be contacting you in the near future, likely a week or two is how long i waited. You're sat down in either the lobby, office or their crew room as you are asked multiple questions on situations and solutions to those situations; Worst case scenarios, abusive customers, furthest you've gone out of your way for someone. etc. Then the basics of thanking you and telling you they will be in touch with in the next little while. Hiring managers are usually pleasant, but you better start praying they are always pleasant since I did not get that treatment. Usually is a diverse work force, but that all depends on area. All in all very standard and easy interview process.

Interview Question – In my case the most difficult question was the "What's the furthest you've gone out of your way to help some one?" As those can be very personal situations depending on the person.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – McDonald's accepts workers and spits them back out on a daily basis. There is likely no negotiation of pay unless you're looking at positions above at least crew trainers i would assume.

Cashier
Cannington, ON

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's in May 2010.

Interview Details Was a McDonalds in a rural town-Handed in my resume in person, and got interviewed right away. Got asked some basic questions like why here, strength/weaknesses, my previous work experience etc.

Interview Question – what challenges/problems are you expecting to face?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Shift Manager Interview

Shift Manager
Lacombe, AB

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McDonald's in May 2012.

Interview Details Got promoted through crew, initial interview was easy, got hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Not anything really.   Answer Question

Cook Interview

Cook

I applied through college or university and interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details easy

Interview Question – make a mcdouble right now   View Answer

Reason for Declining – harveys gave me a better offer

Second Assistant Manager Interview

Second Assistant Manager
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in May 2009.

Interview Details Interview process was easy and straight forward. The first one was with the store manager and if passes you'll be interviewed by the consultant. The consultant and the store manager will discuss later and come up with a final answer. Be prepared for three to four weeks for the whole process, it may be longer or shorter in some cases.

Interview Question – Be prepared for situation and behavioural questions. Questions like, what steps would you take in order to rectify a customer complaint?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much room for negotiation as everyone started with the same wage and benefits.

Fry Cook Interview

Fry Cook

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details pretty standard. waited at one of their tables, got taken to a back office by the store manager and was asked basic fit questions

Interview Question – how many french fries are there in a large size   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – better exit opps at burger king

Interview Details Application - store hand in
in person interview

Interview Question – Team work skills   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at McDonald's

Worked for McDonald's? Contribute to the Community!

McDonald's Videos

McDonald's – Why Work for Us?

Can you imagine a world without the Big Mac? Or Chicken McNuggets? Or Happy Meals? Luckily, back in 1954, a man named Ray Kroc discovered a small burger restaurant in California, and wrote the first page of our history… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McDonald's interview questions and advice. All 700 interview reviews are posted anonymously by McDonald's employees and interview candidates.