McDonald's

Average Difficulty
824 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pickering, ON

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in April 2012.

Interview Details I applied online but like most people I know I didn't get a response so I decided to go on National hiring day. They made me do a multiple choice quiz with 50 questions (The same ones as online), which tested the how much of a team player you are. Immediately after finishing, I got an interview and they asked me questions to clarify things on my resume as well as teamwork and communication based questions like "What would you do if a customer becomes unhappy?", "What would you do if a customers child looks unhappy?". I basically answered stating that I would put on a smile and do whatever is in my power to make their day.

Interview Question – There wasn't any difficult or unexpected questions. They were standard questions that you would receive at any minimum wage job.   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Trainee

I applied through another source and interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details normal interview by hr head... pretty basic questions need to know your background and need to be able to work long hours
its good to be able to know yourcareer goals
need to be able express interest

Interview Question – work experience   Answer Question

Floor Manager Interview

Floor Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details Get application form from the store, fill the form and attend the walk in interview, get call in a week, second interview by the store manager and start in a week.

Interview Question – Availability for work specially mid night   View Answer

Laval, QC

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in March 2010.

Interview Details It was a fun interview and the hiring manager made me feel at ease. I was provided with a great introduction to what I might be doing, potential shifts available, salary, and expectations for performance. Once the initial interview was well underway and I was feeling comfortable, we were joined by another member of the management staff who reviewed our discussion and asked a few additional questions.

Interview Question – Would you be interested in taking on a supervisory role at this company?   Answer Question

Crew Member

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's.

Interview Details Went in to see the manager and got myself an interview the following week. The interview consist of basic questions.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions. All were typical interview questions like "Why do you want to work here?"   Answer Question

Line Position Interview

Line Position

Interviewed at McDonald's

Interview Details asked what my experience was with fast food industry

Interview Question – tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Montreal, QC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's in October 2010.

Interview Details Very basic, asked situational questions.

Interview Question – Can you give a time you have ever dealt with failure?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not job for me

Interviewed at McDonald's

Interview Details Nothing difficult, just some basic interview questions such as tell me about yourself, why us? what are some of your skills..etc.

Interview Question – How did you overcome a big change?   Answer Question

Surrey, BC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at McDonald's in February 2012.

Interview Details Apply either in person or online. You proceed to fill out application forms and are told that they would be contacting you in the near future, likely a week or two is how long i waited. You're sat down in either the lobby, office or their crew room as you are asked multiple questions on situations and solutions to those situations; Worst case scenarios, abusive customers, furthest you've gone out of your way for someone. etc. Then the basics of thanking you and telling you they will be in touch with in the next little while. Hiring managers are usually pleasant, but you better start praying they are always pleasant since I did not get that treatment. Usually is a diverse work force, but that all depends on area. All in all very standard and easy interview process.

Interview Question – In my case the most difficult question was the "What's the furthest you've gone out of your way to help some one?" As those can be very personal situations depending on the person.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – McDonald's accepts workers and spits them back out on a daily basis. There is likely no negotiation of pay unless you're looking at positions above at least crew trainers i would assume.

Cannington, ON

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at McDonald's in May 2010.

Interview Details Was a McDonalds in a rural town-Handed in my resume in person, and got interviewed right away. Got asked some basic questions like why here, strength/weaknesses, my previous work experience etc.

Interview Question – what challenges/problems are you expecting to face?   Answer Question

Worked for McDonald's? Contribute to the Community!