McAfee

Very Difficult Interview

Software Engineer Back End Interview

Software Engineer Back End
Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McAfee in November 2013.

Interview Details got a email on tuesday and was scheduled for phone interview on imediate next day. phone interview was really good. and then scheduled a on site interview.
on site interview is the toughest interview i ever faced, lot of unexpected question.s

Interview Question – many unexpected questions from manager.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at McAfee

Interview Details Phone Interview and subsequent in-person interview

Interview Question – Pretty standard stuff, just asking about my previous experience and my comfort level working on the projects they had in mind   Answer Question

I Have Been Working At McAfee Full-time Interview

I Have Been Working At McAfee Full-time
Bangalore (India)

I applied through another source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at McAfee in March 2013.

Interview Details Interesting work
great Place to work
flex timings

Negotiation Details – What ask that mach i got

UI Designer Interview

UI Designer
Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McAfee.

Interview Details Began with contact by a technical recruiter based on resume postings on job boards. Phone interview with members of the development team and hiring manager. In-person interview with hiring team Q&A session, design exercise and coding exercise.

Interview Question – Why do you think you would be a good fit for this team?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test
Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at McAfee in September 2013.

Interview Details They were very quick and hurried, I meet in person with 6 people one on one. Each person had 30 minuets to interview me. Four of the interviewers ask the exact same questions so I believe there was no communication or plan around their process. Two interviewers admitted to not reading my resume before the interview.

Interview Question – write a function to to reverse a string?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – At no point was I given time to ask interviewers questions, I had nothing to go on.

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Senior Sales Engineer

Interviewed at McAfee

Interview Details 12 interviews with management from SE Manager to VP, sales executives, and peers in Sales Engineering, including 15 minutes presentation on product. Initially had phone screen with HR, then with hiring manager. Continues on to phone interviews and in-person. Felt comfortable with most of questions and able to respond successfully. Questions were more personality vs technical.

Interview Question – Why choose McAfee over competition, such as Symantec?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at McAfee in August 2013.

Interview Details Initial communication was an email requesting a meet and greet to be scheduled with the hiring manager. Scheduling time with a manager and meeting to discuss the opportunity.

Interview Question – The specific key desire the hiring manager required for the position was not an elimate or experience this candidate possessed.   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Software QA Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at McAfee.

Interview Details 1. written objective type
2. three technical round
3. one managerial

Interview Question – mostly focus on basics and they will look for particular skill in a round.   Answer Question

Consumer Sales Manager Interview

Consumer Sales Manager
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at McAfee in January 2012.

Interview Details I was introduced for the position from an employee, after that I received an email frm HR in Miami, asking me for a phone interview scheduled for one day after. After this interview, I had an interview with the LATAM Director (brazilian) in Brazil. After that, an interview with Marketing and Product Managers together, and then, 2 phone interviews with 2 Sales Vice President - one of LATAM and another from Consumer. After thar, other interview with LATAM Director, and then, I received an offer letter form HR.

Interview Question – There wasn´t an unexpected question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – After all the interviews, I received an offer letter, and after accepting, I received the list of documents to be sent to HR.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at McAfee in May 2013.

Interview Details It was as professional as it could be. I first had a phone interview. The interviewer introduced himself and the team well, went through my resume, my current and past work then few quick general problem solving questions. Afterwards an on-site interview was scheduled within a few days. Interviewers were very humble and the environment was really friendly. HR was professional and acted promptly.

Interview Question – Questions were straightforward programming questions with reasonable clarity.   Answer Question