McAfee Interview Questions

Updated 24 Oct, 2014

3.1

QA Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at McAfee.

Very thorough interview process. Included around 6 rounds with a written technical & aptitude test

Interview Questions
    • Why do want to join our company ?
      Why should I hire you ?
        Answer Question

Senior Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

There are a minimum of 3 rounds one of which will be a coding round in code of your preference.
    Round 1 - involved basic aptitude and QA concepts
    Round 2 - involved more details questions on the tasks that you would be involved in
    Round 3 - a coding round that involved 2 or 3 simple programs in C++ (they did ask me what language I was comfortable with)

Additionally there will be HR rounds and meetings with your senior managers and so on.

Interview Questions
    • Coding round was unexpected. They asked me to write a sorting algorithm, some previous question, writing and reading from a file   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at McAfee.

I was contacted on LinkedIn for a Sales position. After an initial interview with global/regional HR, I continued to having an interview with local (Cork) HR. After that, I had a short interview (10 min) with the person who was my potential boss/senior manager. I also had to do an intelligence test online. Then I was invited to the Cork office for a full day assessment center, where I did interviews and case interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation where you had to persuade someone/a group of people to do something   View Answer

Technical Ar Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McAfee.

Technical HR personnel was very good in explaining in initial conversation.
    I had 3 Tele rounds and HR person was really frank enough to tell me exact feedback.
    for Example, After the 2nd Tele round, He informed me that Interviewer was not much impressed but finally voted as 55 / 45 in my favor.

All 3 tele rounds were focused.
    1st - Pure coding skills (1 hr)
    2nd : Algorithm Skills (1.5 Hrs)
    3rd: NTFS, FS and Kernel (45 Mins)

After I cleared all 3 tele rounds, I was asked to come down to their office for full day interview process.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee.

No. of technical interviews: 4. One telephonic, 3 F2F
    First the project and requirement was explained. Very good questions asked relevant to job and current project.

Interview Questions
    • What is secure programming needed for mobile platforms. Explain various types of security threats which should be considered as use case.   Answer Question
    Negotiate well, as you will not get 2nd chance after coming in.

Channel Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at McAfee in May 2013.

comes with a min of 5 round interview policy, a matrix organization.
    Culturally focused & Values oriented. all 5 interviewees were very dynamic, and open about company's culture. be open as open about your personality with them. it's a great opportunity for both party to find out if both parties are a fit.

it was overall a fun interview , got to meet some great people.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at McAfee in May 2013.

It was as professional as it could be. I first had a phone interview. The interviewer introduced himself and the team well, went through my resume, my current and past work then few quick general problem solving questions. Afterwards an on-site interview was scheduled within a few days. Interviewers were very humble and the environment was really friendly. HR was professional and acted promptly.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were straightforward programming questions with reasonable clarity.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online – interviewed at McAfee in May 2013.

First round is technical round. They are asking C# basic questions,Linq,Xml queries.
    Third round is managerial round and most of the questions related to testing questions

Interview Questions
    • Second round they asked me to write code on the test machine. which is having 25 programs, ASP.net,C#,Ado.net,Xml....   Answer Question

IT Global Security Services Compliance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at McAfee.

1st meeting at University career fair
    Interview for phone interview, within 1 week
    30 min interview, conducted by hiring manager
    Pleasant interview, not a stress interview
    14 days before announcing decision
    only 1 round of interview.

Interview Questions
    i got the top band of the pay range, so I did not negotiate.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McAfee.

Applied online.
    Got an email from the HR department to arrange for a basic phone interview.. then they arranged for a Technical phone interview
    Still waiting for a feedback.....

Interview Questions
    • Nothing special ...basic questions about my CV.
      They asked about why you would use SQL stored procedure instead of SQL script in the web application
        View Answers (2)