McAfee

Updated 10 Feb, 2015

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON

Invited for an interview, arrived and then immediately was led to a cubicle to do an impromptu 1.5hr low-level coding test. No "hello, how are you, welcome" etc. Interviewers had extremely weak social skills and it reflects horrendously on the company.

A 1.5hr coding test is insulting and hilarious to employees with university degrees from top schools with 10 years of programming experience.

Verbal portion of the interview was fair and standard.

Office layout was depressing and the area smelled of stale coffee and inactivity. Cubicle walls were high and a very old looking blue colour. Employees looked depressed, unkept and unmotivated.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about what would happen in various hypothetical conditions if software was coded by amateurs. Interviews themselves were unsure of what would happen.   Answer Question

Win32 is out of date and low-level windows programming is a thing of the past.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at McAfee.

They took months to process and then asked for my background check but proceed with other candidate even though background check was clear.

Interview Questions
    • They asked to write code on white board.
      Question : write the algorithm for word file history.

Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at McAfee.

I have received a call from HR and she set up a call from Hiring Manager. It was 30 minutes interview during which he asked most of the question from my resume, some sql questions.

No negotiation

ITSM Process Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McAfee.

One Phone interview and In Person Interview. Questions were asked mostly from your resume and few behavioral questions. The phone interview was basic. In Person interview will be one on one or panel. Be thorough in what you have in your resume and should be able to exhibit team spirit and pro activeness.

Principal Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at McAfee.

There was a screening telephonic interview, followed by face-to-face. Then a call from US.
    Thereafter again a code test. Then manager round, followed by Director. Then HR. This is for McAfee consumer, interview was fairly simple and everything went well.

I already had an offer so the increased it to next band.

Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at McAfee.

1 hour telephonic interview. This was for automation testing. Question on CSS, HTML and JavaScript.
    What is ReST ?
    Difference between PUT and POST.
    When we use POST and when we should use PUT.
    Syntax to change style of element through javascript code.
    Python: How do you run python code.
                  How do you define a function
    Questions on academic project work

Interview Questions
    • Even after explaining the difference interviewer asked me when do you use PUT and when do you use POST.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at McAfee.

Received an initial call from a recruiter against my application, but the recruiter had the wrong position in front of him at first. Once that was clarified, he said the hiring manager was really interested in my resume. He set-up a phone screen which went well, and then he set up four further phone screens with other managers for a total of five interviews. All of these went well, but then I heard nothing back at all. I sent an inquiry email to the recruiter about three weeks later—heard nothing. I sent another one a couple of months later and heard nothing back again. Because the recruiter scheduled two of the phone screens incorrectly and had trouble with time zones, I'm guessing he lost track of me at some point. To not hear anything after two pleasant notes, however, is just rude and there's no other word for it, especially after taking the time to do five phone interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where two different groups needed your work but you had limited resources and you couldn't satisfy both?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

2 level interviews done. I am still waiting for next levels if they select me from the first two interviews. The interviewers were very good and friendly. The questions were a mix of technical and managerial.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were good for the position I interviewed for.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Difficult and 5 rounds
    Basic concepts
    1. Written Test:- 30 questions from verbal & Non-Verbal reasoning +20 aptitude Questions ,It was the toughest paper,like eltmus questation .
    The written test had 50 questions and were given 1 hour to solve it.
    Today cutoff is 28 questions.
    2.my technical interview was for approx 110 to 120 minutes duration( Blackboard Presentation on code + Questions on computer communication network+memory mangement questaton+questaton from open the file close the file+basic java+3 puzzles questons+alogrithm of data structure)

NO NEGOTIATION

Marketing Communications Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at McAfee.

Worked directly with the HR manager and it was a very smooth process. There were three interviews scheduled via email. The first interview was a screening call with the HR manager.

Interview Questions
    • Discussed the technical details of the largest cybercrime events in recent history.   Answer Question