Mayo Clinic

Updated 24 Feb, 2015
Updated 24 Feb, 2015

3.2

Informatics Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Mayo Clinic in November 2014.

Panel interview (myself talking to two other people) over the phone. The panel had me elaborate on every project that I'd mentioned in my resume, my programming experience (languages, expertise), exposure to the field of bioinformatics, specific experiences with various types of next-generation sequencing data and software packages. The panel also had me describe situations where I had worked in teams, and my experiences (good and bad) in those teams.

Medical Physics Resident Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

I was notified by email to come in for an interview. The interview involved a series of 1 on 1 meetings with several members of the department. I was also required to give a presentation of my work. It was a very positive experience. The environment seemed to live up to the reputation of Mayo as an excellent place to work with many great people.

Staff RN Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

The interview had several behavioral type questions and a couple technical questions. The technical questions were tricky but answerable. The Mayo Clinic website was actually helpful in providing sample questions and helpful tips to prepare for the types of questions used in the interview. Overall, it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you gave culturally competent care.   Answer Question

Medical Secretary Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

There was an applicant pool for external applicants. You submit a resume and then you are screened over the phone to make sure you have the qualifications for the job. Once you are in the pool, departments choose the candidates they want to interview. interviewed with several departments before being offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • they are all behavior-based questions. "tell me about a time when you..." No yes or no questions and they are hard but they give you plenty of time to answer or pass on a question and go back to it.   Answer Question
    I didn't attempt to negotiate, my previous experience added several dollars to the base pay quoted in the job listing.

Development Technologist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mayo Clinic in February 2015.

I met with a panel of 5 people which included several administrative supervisors and the Lab Director. The interview started with a series of behavioral questions, and concluded with a 15 minute development presentation I was asked in advance to prepare. The Lab Director was engaged and asked relevant questions; however, other members of the panel were uninterested indicating someone had already been selected for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions around teamwork and troubleshooting.   View Answer

Nutriton Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Applied online. The whole process took about 2 weeks. I got an email to set up an interview. During the interview there was a panel of 4 people. Talked about my past experiences and future goals. They asked questions many behavioral questions.

Clinical Interview

Pretty good it was really pretty good I think it was pretty good I definitely would consider working for the company in the near future I liked them very much they were nice and it was fun too

Interview Questions

I had to it wasn't right for me at the time

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Applied online and after some time heard back and scheduled a phone and skype interview since I didn't live near the location of the job. The interview lasted about 90 minutes. Over the phone I spoke with one person and then during the skype interview there was an additional person present and asking questions.

Interview Questions
    • Providing examples from experience for a question when I I hadn't had an experience that fit the question.   Answer Question
    Unable to negotiate. Spoke with an HR representative, not someone from the department I was going to work in.

Research Technologist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

The hiring process seems to be a little different depending on the needs of the lab. Over all it is a fairly standard interview process in which they ask behavioral interview questions, followed up with talking about the science of the lab.

Interview Questions
    • Some times in research we deal with difficult (egotistical) people. Tell me how you deal with these people.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Interviewed, had a tour, then a panel interview - followed by a test - test was tricky questions that you had to really pay attention to detail and had same question just reworded

Interview Questions

Wasn't what i was looking for