Mayo Clinic

Updated 4 Nov, 2014
Updated 4 Nov, 2014

3.2

Medical Physics Resident Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

I was notified by email to come in for an interview. The interview involved a series of 1 on 1 meetings with several members of the department. I was also required to give a presentation of my work. It was a very positive experience. The environment seemed to live up to the reputation of Mayo as an excellent place to work with many great people.

Data Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

One interview. I was contacted months before the interview from someone who had heard about me. I was notified every step of the way until I was interviewed. The panel consisted of four individuals. They all had good intentions and seemed very nice--not at all like who they turned out to be in the months following the interview. My supervisor said that he encouraged employees to move on to another position within a couple of years. That was one of the deciding factors into accepting the job offer. His opinion hasn't changed.

Interview Questions
    I felt comfortable negotiating, but there was no room for negotiation at the time of the offer.

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

I was immediately contacted for an interview with an option for Skype or onsite visit. I was assured reimbursement for it as well. The recruiter was from my university itself so it was a kind of comfort relating to him. I am looking forward to get an offer from them.

Ophthalmic Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Process was a phone interview with a general HR rep within the company. A few days later I was contacted to schedule an interview in person with a panel of people from the department I was applying to. This was an after-hours round table with 4 interviewers and myself present. Questions mainly revolved around experience and attitudes towards patient care.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult part of interviejob-spcw was being interviewed by people who work in the same field as myself but, then also with some who did not. I found myself sometimes answering the same question twice due to usage of job-specific language.   Answer Question
    Wages for positions are set by board members and are non-negotiable for my postion.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

You will get an email inviting you to interview with the hiring manage and a small panel for a behavioral interview. The choices will probably be out 2-3 weeks pending on the the need for the position to be filled.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral interviews are very difficult and frustrating, you need to have very specific examples for each question asked. Remember to use "I did", or "it was my idea". You dont want to use we or our team, the team wants to know why you did or how you handled a situation.   Answer Question

Pca Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mayo Clinic in July 2014.

Called by HR 1 week after applying Set up two interviews. First one was with HR and was your standard behavioral interview. Next interview was with the hiring manager in the department you applied for. Same type of interview only included a tour and introduction to staff.

No Negotiations.

Research Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mayo Clinic in July 2014.

About one week after applying online for the position I received an email to set up a phone interview. I interviewed on the phone later that week with the lab supervisor and got the job offer the very next day. I was pretty surprised that there was no follow-up interview in person, but at the same time I was extremely happy the whole process went so fast.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions for a lab position, former experience, how I keep my days organized with multiple projects, etc.   Answer Question

Communications Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Typically there will be a panel interview, and then if selected for follow-on, a series of interviews with other managers, administrators and individuals you'll be working with/for. Can be a very long day, or two separate visits. Sometimes a one-on-one first, then a panel, then the additional one-on-ones. In Public Affairs/Communications you will have at least two supervisors due to it being a matrixed organization. Likely you may have several 'clients,' within your area of responsibility.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral interview, pretty typical questions. Absolutely must understand the underlying philosophy of Mayo Clinic "The Needs of the Patient Come First," and must be able to show connection to your values.   Answer Question
    Lower offer than I was interested in, mentioned my master's degree and requested reconsideration, increased offer was satisfactory.

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

East telephone interview, I did not have a lengthy interview process for the position. Typically requires some sort of presentation, and a one day interview. I did not go through a lengthy interview process and therefore it is hard for me to say much about the process

Environmental Services Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Application goes to HR for review, applications come to managers to accept most qualified candidates, interviews with manager and panel from department including HR with behavioral questions, best applicant is picked and call is made by HR for hire or non-hire.

Interview Questions
    • It's all behavioral based questions, so each situation varies from person to person on experience   Answer Question
    Minimal, I came from the low ranks, so it was a pretty minimal negotiation.