Mayo Clinic

Updated 16 Jan, 2015
Updated 16 Jan, 2015

3.2

Informatics Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Mayo Clinic in November 2014.

Panel interview (myself talking to two other people) over the phone. The panel had me elaborate on every project that I'd mentioned in my resume, my programming experience (languages, expertise), exposure to the field of bioinformatics, specific experiences with various types of next-generation sequencing data and software packages. The panel also had me describe situations where I had worked in teams, and my experiences (good and bad) in those teams.

Medical Physics Resident Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

I was notified by email to come in for an interview. The interview involved a series of 1 on 1 meetings with several members of the department. I was also required to give a presentation of my work. It was a very positive experience. The environment seemed to live up to the reputation of Mayo as an excellent place to work with many great people.

Nutriton Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Applied online. The whole process took about 2 weeks. I got an email to set up an interview. During the interview there was a panel of 4 people. Talked about my past experiences and future goals. They asked questions many behavioral questions.

Clinical Interview

Pretty good it was really pretty good I think it was pretty good I definitely would consider working for the company in the near future I liked them very much they were nice and it was fun too

Interview Questions

I had to it wasn't right for me at the time

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Applied online and after some time heard back and scheduled a phone and skype interview since I didn't live near the location of the job. The interview lasted about 90 minutes. Over the phone I spoke with one person and then during the skype interview there was an additional person present and asking questions.

Interview Questions
    • Providing examples from experience for a question when I I hadn't had an experience that fit the question.   Answer Question
    Unable to negotiate. Spoke with an HR representative, not someone from the department I was going to work in.

Research Technologist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

The hiring process seems to be a little different depending on the needs of the lab. Over all it is a fairly standard interview process in which they ask behavioral interview questions, followed up with talking about the science of the lab.

Interview Questions
    • Some times in research we deal with difficult (egotistical) people. Tell me how you deal with these people.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Interviewed, had a tour, then a panel interview - followed by a test - test was tricky questions that you had to really pay attention to detail and had same question just reworded

Interview Questions

Wasn't what i was looking for

Data Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

One interview. I was contacted months before the interview from someone who had heard about me. I was notified every step of the way until I was interviewed. The panel consisted of four individuals. They all had good intentions and seemed very nice--not at all like who they turned out to be in the months following the interview. My supervisor said that he encouraged employees to move on to another position within a couple of years. That was one of the deciding factors into accepting the job offer. His opinion hasn't changed.

Interview Questions
    I felt comfortable negotiating, but there was no room for negotiation at the time of the offer.

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mayo Clinic in November 2014.

I have been employed at Mayo for over 1 year there if definitely room for growth. I applied for the fin rep position and was called a QK later for an interview the next day. I sent a follow up email for the panel I interviewed for and was offered the position the next day

No negotiation I was offer a good Salary

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

I was immediately contacted for an interview with an option for Skype or onsite visit. I was assured reimbursement for it as well. The recruiter was from my university itself so it was a kind of comfort relating to him. I am looking forward to get an offer from them.