Mayo Clinic Interview Questions

Updated 15 Apr, 2015

3.2

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Mayo Clinic in November 2014.

Interview

Panel interview (myself talking to two other people) over the phone. The panel had me elaborate on every project that I'd mentioned in my resume, my programming experience (languages, expertise), exposure to the field of bioinformatics, specific experiences with various types of next-generation sequencing data and software packages. The panel also had me describe situations where I had worked in teams, and my experiences (good and bad) in those teams.

Medical Physics Resident Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Interview

I was notified by email to come in for an interview. The interview involved a series of 1 on 1 meetings with several members of the department. I was also required to give a presentation of my work. It was a very positive experience. The environment seemed to live up to the reputation of Mayo as an excellent place to work with many great people.

Clinical Laboratory Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and they got back to me within a few weeks. I had a panel interview setup 2-3 weeks in advance. Interview process went smoothly and they even reimburse gas/food expenses. There were 3 department supervisors who interviewed me and asked mainly behavioral questions. Questions weren't entirely tough and it helped to visit their link for interview tips.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a project you weren't familiar with? Can you describe a time when you had to use attention to detail? Why do you want to work for Mayo? There were about 10 questions total.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Interview

Five person Panel Interview - Everyone was very polite and friendly. They asked about 9-10 Behavioral Questions. Interview lasted 1 1/2 hours. Mayo is big on emotional intelligence skills. Make sure you have a list of questions for them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when.... you and your manager/customer disagreed on a decision. What did you do? Were you able to come to a satisfactory agreement?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about ... how you build working relationships?   Answer Question

Salary offered was substantially below market based on other job requisitions in the area for the same type of position.

Statistician I-Biostat Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mayo Clinic (Jacksonville, FL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I got the interview with the help of an employee referral. The interview was taken by 2 people and they were nice and polite. The vibe was positive. They explained the whole procedure to first and the interview was over in 25 mins

Interview Questions

• simple resume based question. What courses I had done? the various projects and how they can help me at Mayo. Was also asked the most challenging work I had ever done.. seemed easy to me... but I dunno why I lost the round   Answer Question

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Interview

The interview had several behavioral type questions and a couple technical questions. The technical questions were tricky but answerable. The Mayo Clinic website was actually helpful in providing sample questions and helpful tips to prepare for the types of questions used in the interview. Overall, it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you gave culturally competent care.   Answer Question

Medical Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Interview

There was an applicant pool for external applicants. You submit a resume and then you are screened over the phone to make sure you have the qualifications for the job. Once you are in the pool, departments choose the candidates they want to interview. interviewed with several departments before being offered a position.

Interview Questions

• they are all behavior-based questions. "tell me about a time when you..." No yes or no questions and they are hard but they give you plenty of time to answer or pass on a question and go back to it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't attempt to negotiate, my previous experience added several dollars to the base pay quoted in the job listing.

Development Technologist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I met with a panel of 5 people which included several administrative supervisors and the Lab Director. The interview started with a series of behavioral questions, and concluded with a 15 minute development presentation I was asked in advance to prepare. The Lab Director was engaged and asked relevant questions; however, other members of the panel were uninterested indicating someone had already been selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions around teamwork and troubleshooting.   1 Answer

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I am a new graduate nurse and I was invited to interview with Mayo Clinic about two weeks after I submitted my application. It was a panel interview via webcam. I was not offered the position, but I had a positive interviewing experience because I was prepared. I took the time to look over example interview questions on Mayo Clinic's website. If invited to interview, they provide you with a link for tips on how to prepare for an interview with them. It is well worth the time to look over. All of my interview questions came from that link.

Interview Questions

• What are your short-term and long-term goals?   1 Answer

Nutriton Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Interview

Applied online. The whole process took about 2 weeks. I got an email to set up an interview. During the interview there was a panel of 4 people. Talked about my past experiences and future goals. They asked questions many behavioral questions.