Mastech Interview Questions

Updated 2 Apr, 2015
Updated 2 Apr, 2015

2.9

IT Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Mastech.

Interview

GD-PI(Personal)-Telephonic-Psychometric test-Aptitude test-2 rounds of interviews at director level
    Aptitude test is speed with accuracy generally very short Aptitude with easy questions but Speed is necessary !

You need to be confident being a recruiter you need to call and interview and even negotiate with candidiates a lot thus your confidence matters a lot Specially the tone of your voice must be COMPELLING,LOUD AND CLEAR to clear this interview process if you're confident it is likely you will clear the interview process !

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself ?
      What are your weakness and strengths ?
      Explain about your Unique Talents ?

How willing and info you are about role ?

Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mastech in March 2015.

Interview

The oddest and most negative experience I have ever had.

Recruiter had a very “Stalinist” approach. I felt I was being interrogated by a KGB agent. The only elements missing was the subzero windowless room & the interrogation lamp. Recruiter was unprepared, disorganized, Rude, Aggressive with a relentless "In Your Face" demeanor (i.e. demonstrated confrontational behavior the entire time). Lacked professional courtesy and showed no cross culture communications skills what so ever. Incapable of processing any response that required more than minimal effort. Operated on a rudimentary "Red Peg, Red Hole" mentality.

My take-away & impression from this experience was that working at this company would equate to a boiler room/sweat shop environment that operates on a lowest bidder mentality at the cost of it's front line employees. Nothing good could have come of it; the entire process was a waste of time. Will avoid applying to any opening listed by them. I like to believe that this incident was the exception to the case but my instinct tells me it’s the norm and that recruiter was simply following company protocols. IMHO I suspect that management abides to a strictly profit driven mentality with a high employee burnout rate.

Advice to Management: Take this review seriously & as unbiased critique. Suggest conducting internal review/assessment on how this recruiter treats/screen YOUR applicants...

Interview Questions

• Items that where readily listed on your CV if he had actually done his job.   Answer Question

Junior Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mastech (Calcutta (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

It was a nice experience interviewing by mastech. They just try to be friendly and hence interview is not too hard.The HR was very friendly which makes you comfortable to give answers .

Interview Questions

• Basically i am from technical field,hence the most difficult problem was to convince them to work in management field inspite of technical field   2 Answers

Junior Recruiter Interview

Interview

Initial Telephonic interview followed by face to face rounds.
    1st round: Technical procedures about the IT industry, basics of information technology. Process of cold calls and differentiating the actual from the fake
    2nd round: HR round. Basic checks and why you need the job. What are your future plans and how will you add to the company. Nothing over the top

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Mastech.

Interview

Behavioral type questions and I was interviewed by 2 people

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Mastech.

Interview

My Interview process was totally based out of client's interview. I was selected into their payroll as soon I cleared an interview at client position. At Mastech I really did not had any interview. I did had an orientation at Mastech that is just an overview of their process and is a one way communication of their process and not an interactive one I should say.

Negotiation

It was a matching of another offer that I got locally. There was back and forth of two days of communication and approval, but was smooth overall.

Installer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mastech (Fort Worth, TX (US)).

Interview

asked about construction experience, and when i could start.

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Junior Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Mastech (Calcutta (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview included GD and then PI initially. Those who were shortlisted had to give an nline psychometric test. Then finally another two rounds of PI.

Senior Java Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mastech (Irving, TX (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

Well organized and efficient

Interview Questions

• What would your choice of design pattern be for a mobile wallet system   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for base salary negotiation, but relocation bonus was negotiated

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Multiple level of interviews.