MassMutual Interview Questions

Updated 22 Oct, 2014
Updated 22 Oct, 2014

2.6

Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MassMutual.

Applied online, Was asked to attend WebEx, called into office for a first round interview, then asked for a second round interview

Interview Questions
    • First interview round is mainly to get to know the candidate better on a more personal and career goals setting   Answer Question

Director IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

The interview process was very good. I met with 5 interviewers.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MassMutual in August 2013.

Set up with the office administrator. I had two interviews with one of the two sales managers in the office. The first was a basic interview with generic questions, the second was more oriented towards explaining how the company works and giving me a tour of the office. The pay structure was also explained at the second interview, although it sounded much better than it is in reality.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no difficult questions. The standard questions from any interview were there, such as "where do you see yourself in five years?", etc. In addition, I was given the link to a survey to take that ranks my potential sales ability on a scale of 1-5, with 5 showing great potential as a salesman and 1 implying that maybe you should look for another job. Although the manager said they don't choose to hire or not solely based on that survey, it apparently is given some weight.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

It was the first interview so it mostly consisted of these two males explaining what the company is all about and if they send you a personality test and complete it you will find out that day whether you go to a 2nd rounder.

Interview Questions
    • How would you respond if a potential client says "Why would I choose you to invest my 20,000 when I can get Bob over here who has 8 years of experience and has proven himself in the industry?"   View Answer

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

Very easy and straight forward.

Fair but insurance companies and agencies are notorious for low pay.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at MassMutual in July 2013.

I applied online through indeed.com on Friday and got a phone interview on Monday. We then set up 1 on 1 interview on Wednesday. The interview lasted for about less than 1 hour. It was just me and recruiter in a meeting room having conversation. I was pretty nervous because i don't really have much formal interview experience. The recruiter is cute and respectful.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA (US)

1st interview the managing director sells you the job. makes the job sound really good, doesn't tell you that its a sales job. Then you get a personality test. After that, they make you do a project 200 form in which they ask you to make a "prospect list" of 200 individuals and eventually sell to them yourself. This is what got me thinking about declining. 2nd interview Declined to Pursue. Its a sales job, not question about it. Wasn't willing to sell to friends and family to start out a "client base". Potential payout is very good however, but money wasn't enough to make me pursue. Most insurance jobs are the same. Stay away if you don't like sales, especially selling to friends and family.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to market to friends and family?   View Answer

Project 200 List was a huge nail-biter.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in June 2013.

The company posted a job opening on an online site and I sent in my resume and received a call the very next day. After talking for about 5 minutes, we setup a face-to-face interview for the following week. I had two in person interviews, and the manager was very friendly and explained how the company worked, what the position looked like, etc.

Career Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MassMutual in June 2013.

Three interviews were required for the position. The expectation was that the applicant was sophisticated enough to wear full business dress, have a sense of social propriety, and be dignified and respectful. Sales and financial planning/advising experience was mandatory, although it wasn't so indicated in print or in the discussion. It quickly became apparent that management was looking for professionalism and good connections within the local community.

Interview Questions
    • "Whom do you know that will aid you in getting a quick start in building your practice?"   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. Employee contract and working agreements were presented and signatures expected without explanation. Copies were promised but not received. When requested, copies were made and delivered.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MassMutual in May 2013.

The position has great commission potential. The interviewer was a great employee. He sat down with me twice and explained as much as I wanted to know about the company and the position. The interviewer was greatly interested in expanding the company and bringing in new employees. I ended up not taking the job because the position was all commission based, but it seemed like a well-run company and I have nothing negative to say about the company.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was more of a sit down conversation instead of a full blown question type interview.   Answer Question