MassMutual

Updated 19 Nov, 2014
Updated 19 Nov, 2014

2.6

Entry Level Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

No skills needed. Looking for fresh graduates. Behavioral bases questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. 3 stage interview. However they will hire anyone who shows interest to work without pay.

Interview Questions

Can't work soley on commission. Would be a good side job.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied through other source – interviewed at MassMutual in September 2014.

First interview was mostly an introduction to the company and how they operate. Seemed like a genuine and very employee centered atmosphere. Explained in detail sales strategy, commission structure and benefits. They expect you to have a large friend/family (etc) base to begin your sales however are helpful in finding others. Their focus is on adding value to their clients and are dedicated to treating and providing the best service for each client. The company atmosphere seems very positive and conducive to growth.

Interview Questions
    • Do you prefer working independently or with someone constantly "breathing down your back" ?   View Answer

100% Commission based salary

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

Applied online through monster, received a called for an interview 2 weeks later. Interview felt more like a presentation and took a personality questionnaire after the interview. Interview was only about getting to know you.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at MassMutual in September 2014.

Recruiter contacted me via phone, scheduled interview for next week. The interview questions were read from a packet which was filled out by the interviewer. Standard questions about resume, some unexpected.

Interview Questions

I wasn't comfortable with the weekly stipend as a means of compensation as it put too much pressure on selling products to prospective customers.

Customer Service - Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MassMutual in August 2014.

I received a call from a MassMutual recruiter regarding the call center position I had applied for. She was very upfront about the position, what it would entail, and what the timeline was. She also told me how much the position pays, what I would need as far as licensing, and what would be expected of me if hired. I had to take two computer assessment tests before being offered an interview. One was the standard personality test. The other was an "in-role" type test to gauge how well I would do in a call center type environment. Both took about 2-3 hours in total to complete. Once my scores were received I was offered an interview with the hiring manager and director. The interview was brief but informative. They covered what the first few months of the job would be like, what would need to be done in order to take the required licensing test, what the hours for the position are and how schedules are determined. Then there was the typical Q&A.

Interview Questions
    • How would you adapt to a customer service role in a field you have little background in?   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate. I was told how much the compensation was before interviewing and had to accept that amount before being scheduled for an interview.

Financial Services Professional Interview

2 interviews; office manager found my resume on indeed.com and was interested in me. Round were in-person and easy. Just be yourself and be confident. You do not need to have any experience, just the willingness to learn and grow.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to persuade someone and how did you make them see your point of view?   Answer Question

Recent college graduate that had multiple interviews for other companies at the same time. Also, this job is solely commission.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MassMutual.

Talked for about 20 minutes with interviewer and then took a 20 minute personality test on computer. It didn't seem like a very good work environment, there were a lot of cubicles where I think I would have worked.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in July 2014.

The company contacted me after they found my resume on Monster.com. I scheduled an interview with their recruiting director, Christina, and the interview took roughly an hour. Christina was very well spoken and conducted the interview as a conversation rather than a formal interview. After I finished the initial interview she scheduled me to speak with the branch manager. This portion of the interview mainly consist of me asking the branch manager questions. Both parties were very informative and did not sugar coat what was expected from the position. The whole process took 1-2 weeks.

Insurance Sales Associate Interview

Recruiter called after a distant relative gave them my name. They called, I came in. The experience itself was a bit odd--the recruiter seemed like a nice guy, but honestly a bit "showy." Made MassMutual seem like the biggest dream job there ever was. Told me I could get rich. That kind of stuff. Not a terrible experience, but I just realized during my interview that the culture wasn't for me.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too unexpected; although he was clearly probing me to see how many contacts they could use to try and sell insurance to.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in June 2014.

I met a recruiter at a university career fair, he asked for my resume and contacted me a few weeks later. We interviewed at the university then later a couple of times at the office. The interviews were mainly to check for the right personality type. There was also a market survey process that was less stringent that the competitor Northwestern Mutual's. I recommend that if you do not enjoy the market survey 100%, do not take the job. The surveys should literally be the easiest thing in the world. If they stress you out at all, go do something else. Seriously.

Interview Questions
    • What does the term "financial" mean to you?   View Answer

The office was located in a suburb, and I preferred to work in the city (I got another offer from a competitor in the city)