MassMutual Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.6

Financial Services Professional Interview

I applied online - interviewed at MassMutual in May 2014.

Applied online and was contacted within 2 weeks. I came in for a face to face interview and it was more of me interviewing the employer. I came in again for a second interview and it was basically like I already had the job we just reviewed how commission would go.

No negotiation. 100% commission

Entry Level Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pasadena, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

No skills needed. Looking for fresh graduates. Behavioral bases questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. 3 stage interview. However they will hire anyone who shows interest to work without pay.

Interview Questions

Can't work soley on commission. Would be a good side job.

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

Applied online through monster, received a called for an interview 2 weeks later. Interview felt more like a presentation and took a personality questionnaire after the interview. Interview was only about getting to know you.

Customer Service - Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Enfield, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at MassMutual in August 2014.

I received a call from a MassMutual recruiter regarding the call center position I had applied for. She was very upfront about the position, what it would entail, and what the timeline was. She also told me how much the position pays, what I would need as far as licensing, and what would be expected of me if hired. I had to take two computer assessment tests before being offered an interview. One was the standard personality test. The other was an "in-role" type test to gauge how well I would do in a call center type environment. Both took about 2-3 hours in total to complete. Once my scores were received I was offered an interview with the hiring manager and director. The interview was brief but informative. They covered what the first few months of the job would be like, what would need to be done in order to take the required licensing test, what the hours for the position are and how schedules are determined. Then there was the typical Q&A.

Interview Questions
    • How would you adapt to a customer service role in a field you have little background in?   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate. I was told how much the compensation was before interviewing and had to accept that amount before being scheduled for an interview.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at MassMutual in February 2014.

The interview process was very laid back and easy. The recruiter contacted me from a resume I submitted through a job-seeking website for my college. The interviewing process included 3 interviews that were about an hour long each. This is a sales based position, so the recruiter really just asks behavioral questions. I felt that most of the time was spent with the recruiter trying to convince me to take the job.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was in the first interview when he asked me what my questions were right off the bat.   View Answer
    The position is commission based, so there was no negotiation phase.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at MassMutual in March 2014.

Very straightforward relaxed interview. They really just ask if you have any questions. They will give you the job, they want someone who has connections and doesn't mind not getting paid for a few months while they develop their network.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melville, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in July 2014.

The company contacted me after they found my resume on Monster.com. I scheduled an interview with their recruiting director, Christina, and the interview took roughly an hour. Christina was very well spoken and conducted the interview as a conversation rather than a formal interview. After I finished the initial interview she scheduled me to speak with the branch manager. This portion of the interview mainly consist of me asking the branch manager questions. Both parties were very informative and did not sugar coat what was expected from the position. The whole process took 1-2 weeks.

Customer Service Representative Interview

interviewed at MassMutual in April 2014.

Interview was straight forward, all details about the position and required licensing needed in order to obtain the position, normal questions, why do you want to work here, what are your strengths, what are your weaknesses, gave details about scheduling and what you must know

Interview Questions
    • How would you tell someone who has never driven a car how to drive, over the telephone   Answer Question

Financial Services Professional Interview

2 interviews; office manager found my resume on indeed.com and was interested in me. Round were in-person and easy. Just be yourself and be confident. You do not need to have any experience, just the willingness to learn and grow.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to persuade someone and how did you make them see your point of view?   Answer Question

Recent college graduate that had multiple interviews for other companies at the same time. Also, this job is solely commission.

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in June 2014.

I met a recruiter at a university career fair, he asked for my resume and contacted me a few weeks later. We interviewed at the university then later a couple of times at the office. The interviews were mainly to check for the right personality type. There was also a market survey process that was less stringent that the competitor Northwestern Mutual's. I recommend that if you do not enjoy the market survey 100%, do not take the job. The surveys should literally be the easiest thing in the world. If they stress you out at all, go do something else. Seriously.

Interview Questions
    • What does the term "financial" mean to you?   View Answer

The office was located in a suburb, and I preferred to work in the city (I got another offer from a competitor in the city)

Worked for MassMutual? Contribute to the Community!