MassMutual

Very Easy Interview

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at MassMutual in March 2014.

Interview Details Very straightforward relaxed interview. They really just ask if you have any questions. They will give you the job, they want someone who has connections and doesn't mind not getting paid for a few months while they develop their network.

Interview Question – They ask you to ask them questions   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Melville, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in July 2014.

Interview Details The company contacted me after they found my resume on Monster.com. I scheduled an interview with their recruiting director, Christina, and the interview took roughly an hour. Christina was very well spoken and conducted the interview as a conversation rather than a formal interview. After I finished the initial interview she scheduled me to speak with the branch manager. This portion of the interview mainly consist of me asking the branch manager questions. Both parties were very informative and did not sugar coat what was expected from the position. The whole process took 1-2 weeks.

Interview Question – Describe yourself in three words.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I interviewed at MassMutual in April 2014.

Interview Details Interview was straight forward, all details about the position and required licensing needed in order to obtain the position, normal questions, why do you want to work here, what are your strengths, what are your weaknesses, gave details about scheduling and what you must know

Interview Question – How would you tell someone who has never driven a car how to drive, over the telephone   Answer Question

Financial Services Professional Interview

Financial Services Professional

Interviewed at MassMutual

Interview Details 2 interviews; office manager found my resume on indeed.com and was interested in me. Round were in-person and easy. Just be yourself and be confident. You do not need to have any experience, just the willingness to learn and grow.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you had to persuade someone and how did you make them see your point of view?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Recent college graduate that had multiple interviews for other companies at the same time. Also, this job is solely commission.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in June 2014.

Interview Details I met a recruiter at a university career fair, he asked for my resume and contacted me a few weeks later. We interviewed at the university then later a couple of times at the office. The interviews were mainly to check for the right personality type. There was also a market survey process that was less stringent that the competitor Northwestern Mutual's. I recommend that if you do not enjoy the market survey 100%, do not take the job. The surveys should literally be the easiest thing in the world. If they stress you out at all, go do something else. Seriously.

Interview Question – What does the term "financial" mean to you?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The office was located in a suburb, and I preferred to work in the city (I got another offer from a competitor in the city)

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details Talked for about 20 minutes with interviewer and then took a 20 minute personality test on computer. It didn't seem like a very good work environment, there were a lot of cubicles where I think I would have worked.

Interview Question – Three good/bad traits   Answer Question

Recruiting Assistant Interview

Recruiting Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in April 2013.

Interview Details I was introduced to the Head Recruiter at a career fair and sparked up some great conversation. After some initial interest, I was told to email my resume for the position. About a 1-2 weeks later I heard back from the recruiter and has a simple phone interview. A couple days later I was offered the position and accepted.

Interview Question – Why do I want this job?   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Associate Interview

Insurance Sales Associate

Interviewed at MassMutual

Interview Details Recruiter called after a distant relative gave them my name. They called, I came in. The experience itself was a bit odd--the recruiter seemed like a nice guy, but honestly a bit "showy." Made MassMutual seem like the biggest dream job there ever was. Told me I could get rich. That kind of stuff. Not a terrible experience, but I just realized during my interview that the culture wasn't for me.

Interview Question – Nothing too unexpected; although he was clearly probing me to see how many contacts they could use to try and sell insurance to.   Answer Question

Career Agent Interview

Career Agent
Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at MassMutual in June 2013.

Interview Details Three interviews were required for the position. The expectation was that the applicant was sophisticated enough to wear full business dress, have a sense of social propriety, and be dignified and respectful. Sales and financial planning/advising experience was mandatory, although it wasn't so indicated in print or in the discussion. It quickly became apparent that management was looking for professionalism and good connections within the local community.

Interview Question – "Whom do you know that will aid you in getting a quick start in building your practice?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Employee contract and working agreements were presented and signatures expected without explanation. Copies were promised but not received. When requested, copies were made and delivered.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Springfield, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in January 2012.

Interview Details Thorough interview process, was interviewed by several senior managers, and was able to get a sense of the organization. Was impressed by principal interviewer who stayed with me the entire time.

Interview Question – What were my career aspirations. This was difficult as I was coming in as a contractor, and felt that I could do each one of their jobs....   View Answer

Worked for MassMutual? Contribute to the Community!