MassMutual

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at MassMutual

Interview Details 2 interviews; office manager found my resume on indeed.com and was interested in me. Round were in-person and easy. Just be yourself and be confident. You do not need to have any experience, just the willingness to learn and grow.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you had to persuade someone and how did you make them see your point of view?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Recent college graduate that had multiple interviews for other companies at the same time. Also, this job is solely commission.

Portland, OR (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details Initially I was contacted via LinkedIn. From there I went into the office for a face to face interview with a sales manager. After that there was a second interview where i met with other administrative staffers to assess my personality/suitability. The final interview was with the Agency President. During this meeting I presented a marketing plan as well as a vision statement.

Interview Question – The most difficult aspect was constructing a marketing strategy.   Answer Question

Fort Wayne, IN (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details Very easy!

Interview Question – Typical questions for entry level position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Everyone starts out with the same commissions.

Financial Services Professional

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details Apply. Interview. get a yes or no. Simple

Interview Question – Why do you want to be an agent?   View Answer

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details Applied online, Was asked to attend WebEx, called into office for a first round interview, then asked for a second round interview

Interview Question – First interview round is mainly to get to know the candidate better on a more personal and career goals setting   Answer Question

Hunt Valley, MD (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in May 2009.

Interview Details First interview will be with a sales manager. They will review the sales process and the products that you will be able to sell. This can last about 30min to an hour. You will be questioned as to your self motivational skills and internal need to succeed. You will need to exhibit a competitive nature and provide examples. You will have at least one more interview with the sales manager and the general agent after the initial. At this time, the compesation schedule and bonus structure will be reviewed. Typically the interviews end with a decision on your part. They will ask you if you want the job. This is a sales position and if you are willing to put forth the effort, there is minimal chance that you will not be hired. There is no base salary, so from a management standpoint....they have nothing to lose in giving you a shot. I met many hires from numerous educational and professional backgrounds. So industry experience is not necessarily required.

Interview Question – Are you willing to make cold calls? No questions were particularly difficult or tricky as far as provoking thought. Just simply are you willing to do what is required. I was unsure if I was willing to cold call. That is why it was a difficult question for me.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no base salary option. So you are offered a few incentive based commission schedules. I chose the one with the highest potential payout.

Nå (Norway)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in September 2012.

Interview Details 4 interviews. All easy and pretty standard. It seems like they don't hire you until you ask to be hired or ask what the next steps are to starting at the company.

Interview Question – Took a survey online that statistically guessed that I would not be very successful that the position. As a matter of fact it was correct, I was not very successful at the time because I was uncomfortable on the phone   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Here's what you are going to get paid if each type of insurance sale: $X, $Y, $Z. If you do joint work you get 1/2. You get this amount for residuals per year $xx.xx

Very Easy Interview

Newport Beach, CA (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in November 2012.

Interview Details Seemed very different from others. Only 3 interviews all less than 30 minutes of the company promoting themselves. No phone interview, no IQ test, only personality test and background check.

Reason for Declining – Seems like a great company but I received an offer from my dream job.

Financial Services Professional

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in July 2011.

Interview Details Before you can sell they want to first make sure you have your Life and Health Insurance License. And even after that you have two sit for about 2 weeks for training to make sure you say exactly, word for word, their sales language when you are infront of someone.

Interview Question – You have to compile a list of 200 people that you will call on for your first sales.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable financing.

Financial Services Professional

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in January 2010.

Interview Details Go through 4 interviews. They ask a lot of questions to try to get to know me. Not just work questions but life goals. I think its nice that they want to know how I am as a person to see how I will fit not only in the industry, but in the culture of the office.

Interview Question – What I can improve on   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No. Pretty self explanitory

Worked for MassMutual? Contribute to the Community!