MassMutual Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated 16 Jul, 2014

3.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at MassMutual.

Was contacted by a recruiter and had an initial interview with him. 2nd interview was with two different directors. One was not in a good mood and the interview did not go as well as it could have.

Other Interview Reviews for MassMutual

Customer Service Representative Interview

interviewed at MassMutual in April 2014.

Interview was straight forward, all details about the position and required licensing needed in order to obtain the position, normal questions, why do you want to work here, what are your strengths, what are your weaknesses, gave details about scheduling and what you must know

Interview Questions
    • How would you tell someone who has never driven a car how to drive, over the telephone   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MassMutual in February 2014.

I first found out about the opening in November 2013. I was given the name of an HR recruiter to call. I began calling the recruiter to inquire about the position and get my name out there. I had tried to apply online, but kept getting system errors. I finally managed to get my online app to go through in December 2013. In January 2014, I received a call from the recruiter to schedule an appointment for skills testing. This involved reading comprehension, math skills, and a customer service simulator. About three weeks after the testing, I received a call to come in for a one on one interview with the recruiter I had been in contact with. The interview was quick - about 15 minutes or so. I was asked about what I know about the company and also various test taking questions since passing the Series 6 exam is required. About a week later, I received another call to come in for a panel interview with the call center directors. It was with two of the directors, and this interview lasted about 45 minutes. They asked several questions about previous customer service experience and what I know about the company. Two weeks later, I was notified that I wasn't selected for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected was probably about test taking ability and study habits in college.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

The first day is just testing, i did not prepare for this as i thought it was personality tests. A portion was personality but there was also a lot of vocabulary/math questions such as..Bob bought a new computer and has 5 payments in total. If he put x down and has y left, how much does he have left to pay if he made 2 payments? The last portion was mock phone calls, a recording in a headset that is a customer and you have multiple choice answers to pick from. I thought i bombed the math/vocab but the woman at the end told me i passed and i was given an interview for the next day.

This interview was with a recruiter and it was basic questions, if you prepare you should do well. This was about 25 mins long. He told me that i would be contacted within 3 weeks for a final interview if they wanted to meet with me...aprox 2.5 weeks later i did get a phone call for the last interview.

unfortunately i have no further info as i havent done this final interview yet, its this week. I did get a meeting agenda that says i am meeting with at least 3 people. I wish i had more info about this interview myself, which is why i am here. I hope this helps.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had an angry customer and how did you deal with it   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Mass Mutual?   Answer Question
    i passed the first interview, i have final this week so i dont know.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MassMutual in October 2010.

I was brought in on the first day where I had to take a Limra test and mock phone calls. I passed both of these test and was brought back for the first personal interview which was very pleasent. Then I was told that i would here within a week if I would make it to the next round. HR called back within 3 days and stated they were going with people who had more experience. I talk to someone I know and they confirmed what I was told.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MassMutual in May 2008.

There were two interviews. The first was with a recruiter one on one and the second one was with a group and the director of the department explained the position and the job details.

Interview Questions
    No, they would not negotiate.