Mary Kay Interview Questions & Reviews

29 interviews

1.7

Anonymous Employee  in  Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Mary Kay in March 2014.

I was almost sucked into this cult. Thankfully, I did some research first and discovered that it is a pyramid scheme that uses cult-like manipulation tactics.

I was harassed, for months, by a Mary Kay consultant to attend a "pampering session." She eventually managed to manipulate me (guilted) me into attending. I was very skeptical, at first, but as they lavished us all with compliments and cheesecake and told us their stories, even those most skeptical in the room was ready to sign up for an "executive level income" working only part-time.

Interview Questions

It's not exactly a "job offer" it is an opportunity to buy in to a multi-level marketing pyramid scheme. Do your research and you will see for yourself. (even Harpers magazine calls it the Pink Pyramid...Forbes also wrote about the scam)

Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Spokane, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Mary Kay in March 2014.

Basically asked who I was and my family and what my goals were. Three things I wanted to get out it. What things were important to me.

Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Mary Kay.

You are recruited without any qualifications or screenings. Mary Kay builds their business by recruiting more sales consultants. If you attend a party or facial with a consultant expect to be tempted into becoming a consultant yourself. The interview is more about getting to know you and showing you how Mary Kay can positively impact your life.

No negotiation, just purchase your starter kit and you are ready to go.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Addison, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Mary Kay in March 2014.

Phone screen, then a group interview then met the decision maker. They LOVED ME according to recruiter. They had never met someone like me and wanted me. Little did I know what awaited me - boredom and looking for work to stay busy. Started looking elsewhere after the first 3 weeks.

No nego - my rate was met.

Intern Logistics Interview

On-site interview

Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Mary Kay.

you just meet somewhere with a recruiter and talk about Mary Kay, they will ask you a number of questions, tell you what the company is about, ask you about yourself and see ask you if you would like to join if they think you are right for Mary Kay

I Just Want to Use Glassdoor to Find Reliable Income Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Mary Kay in November 2011.

Interview with a girl who is already with the company and can assist you with heart. Do not sign up with just anyone. Make sure she does not rub you the wrong way

Interview Questions
    • Make sure you invest in the least inventory option possible and make sure you earn enough to invest in the business and still get paid   Answer Question
    nothing

Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Mary Kay in June 2013.

It was very easy, basically she asked me if I was interested in working with the company, I said yes, and bought my starter kit, then began work!

Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Mary Kay.

Everyone can join and there is no interview or hiring process. You can sign up with any other consultants help.

Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saddle Brook, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saddle Brook, NJ (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Mary Kay in April 2012.

It's not exactly a hiring process because you are running your ownn bussiness

none really

Worked for Mary Kay? Contribute to the Community!