Marshalls Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

29 interviews

2.0

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

One on one interview with assistant manager

Interview Questions
  • Describe a stressful time at a previous job and what you did to overcome it   Answer Question
No negotiation. Starting salary at minimum wage and a possible increase after a year of service

Other Interview Reviews for Marshalls

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Marshalls in August 2014.

The hiring process was a quick one. The hiring manager was on vacation when i turned in my application but, the following monday i got a call reuesting interview for that tuesday . After the interview she said she would be in touch by the next monday. But, the process was even quicker ! She called me back yesterday 8/20 hiring me on to start part time on wednesday .

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question : What makes you team player ? How would you handle disagreement at work ?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Marshalls in July 2014.

Short easy interview (more like a conversation) with the assistant manager. Apply in person, it helps a lot. My interviewer was impress when I brought my resume in with me.

Interview Questions

Got a better paying job.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Olathe, KS (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Marshalls in February 2014.

Applied via Snagajob. Got a call the next day and went in two days after I applied. During the "interview", I was asked to describe myself. Then they asked a couple of easy questions. Then explained what Marshall's/TJMaxx (they're part of the TJM family) is and what kind of job duties you would be doing. Only one interview with the HR manager. Got a call the next Monday saying to come in a few days later for Orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Not really difficult but unexpected was to describe myself.   View Answer
    Minimum wage, no negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Loveland, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, CO (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marshalls in June 2011.

I was called and brought in for an interview at the store after submitting a paper application. I dressed professionally. The hiring manager was very welcoming and made the interview less than stressful, and this is coming from someone who gets very nervous about interviews and meetings with supervisors.

Interview Questions
    • Difficulties regarding previous employment/ if I had been let go from a previous position. I had been let go from two positions but this allowed me to posit my possible concerns regarding conflicting duties and priorities from management. It was not an easy question since it highlighted something I was not proud of, but it made the experience I had at Marshalls all the more easier.   Answer Question
    Very straight forward and easy

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tracy, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tracy, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marshalls in March 2014.

Applied online and received a call 2 weeks later for a group interview. There were 10 people including myself being interviewed. Both people conducting the interviews made me fell welcome and were very nice and professional. I was called about 45 minutes after the interview and they asked for my availability and if I had any references. 15 minutes after that I got another call and was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • They have a credit card that they want the customers to sign up for, so one of the questions was to attempt to sell the card to the manager as if she was a customer. Total curveball but be creative and you will be fine! They are VERY big on customer service!   Answer Question
    No price negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Marshalls.

Called for an interview a week later, interview was informal, just waiting for a callback.

Interview Questions
    • If I called your references, what would they tell me about you.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Marshalls.

They ask you basic questions. Why do you want to work there? Do you see yourself staying? Nothing difficult whatsoever.

They offered me the job the next day

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Marshalls in September 2012.

I was called after about two weeks for an interview. The hiring manager was personable and understanding. She didn't just read the questions off of paper, but the interview flowed more like a conversation. She also described several positions she could see me filling.

I snagged the interview via Snagajob, so she just asked that I fill out a paper application so I could be given a background check. From the way she talked it seemed more than probable that I'd get the job, but I cut the process short for personal reasons.

Interview Questions
    • I think it was a question about hobbies or experience. I don't really remember.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Marshalls in March 2009.

One interview: met with two managers. They were both relaxed and professional and asked basic questions. They explained they were eager to give young people their first jobs. Elaborated on expectations and suggestions for the job and were gracious in offering training.

Worked for Marshalls? Contribute to the Community!