Marshalls Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
114 interviews

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

One on one interview with assistant manager

Interview Questions
    • Describe a stressful time at a previous job and what you did to overcome it   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Starting salary at minimum wage and a possible increase after a year of service

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Marshalls in August 2014.

The hiring process was a quick one. The hiring manager was on vacation when i turned in my application but, the following monday i got a call reuesting interview for that tuesday . After the interview she said she would be in touch by the next monday. But, the process was even quicker ! She called me back yesterday 8/20 hiring me on to start part time on wednesday .

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question : What makes you team player ? How would you handle disagreement at work ?   Answer Question

Shoes Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cape May Court House, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape May Court House, NJ (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Marshalls in July 2012.

1 interview, got the job. Not many hours, and minimum wage is what was offered. Some work is better than no work was my response. I also said that my first sales position was for Kinney Shoes in the early 80's. I thought it quite ironic that my life had come full circle.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about working for minimum wage?   View Answer
    I didn't even try to negotiate; I thought I was locked in to the minimal wage. I sort of froze up, but this experience has made me be more aware for future negotiations.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Marshalls.

First I filled out the application. Then I got a call back after a few weeks. I had actually forgot I applied for the job by the time they called me back. I set up an interview which went perfectly. He asked me the usual questions. I was studying engineering at the time and he was concerned I was over qualified at the time and was confused as to why I wanted the job, but I was honest and told him I needed money to pay for books and he respected that. I was hired and then started training shortly after the interview. The work environment I actually did not like at all, because everyone was rude. I can understand rude customers, but the employees were rude as well. I'm not saying all Marshalls have rude employees though. It could have just been my location. The store was always a mess too no matter how much you put clothes back where they belong someone always takes it back down and the employees don't put clothes back correctly either. I also worked in the dressing room giving people numbers. I never worked on the register. I was either on the floor organizing or in the dressing room. I liked working in the dressing room because it was quiet and I had control to keep it organized. It was peaceful back there most of the time too.

Interview Questions
    • My unexpected question was when he said "Well I see here your studying engineering? I'm confused as to why do you want to work here?"   View Answer
    I didn't have to negotiate he offered me a slightly higher hourly pay.

Assistant Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Marshalls.

Had a over the phone interview, interview with the store manager, final with the district manager. After the interview with district manager I thought I had the job. I had to email the HR office 16 days later just find out they moved on to other candidates. Very very unprofessional.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Marshalls in July 2014.

Short easy interview (more like a conversation) with the assistant manager. Apply in person, it helps a lot. My interviewer was impress when I brought my resume in with me.

Interview Questions

Got a better paying job.

Manager Interview

it was okay from the start. I interviewed with several people aboutmy past. The process wasn't that bad. They do background checks and things like that. I was given an offer within 2 weeks of my first interview.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Flushing, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Marshalls in July 2013.

The interview went very well. I met with the store Manager and she asked me a few questions. Since I walked into the room she told me I was a good candidate to work at front end which is to provide the best customer service and resolve all customer issues. Everything went real quick.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Marshalls in March 2012.

its took me less than 10 minutes and got the job the manager didn't ask me a lot of questions she was super nice she ask me about the schedule that can work and i explain her then minutes later i was hired by the company

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Marshalls in September 2010.

they just want to know what you see yourself doing in 5 years and give you a written psych test to see if you are crazy. i was a referral but that did not matter. i was put through the same interview as all others were.

Interview Questions
    • as long as you pass the criminal backgropund test your good   View Answer
    they called

Worked for Marshalls? Contribute to the Community!