Marshalls

Updated 28 Jan, 2015
Updated 28 Jan, 2015

1.9

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I had dropped off my resume at a carer fair and honestly had completely forgot about it so the call asking me for an interview was a nice surprise. The interview was pretty standard, she had questions on a sheet and she was just recording my answer, I felt like I was being repetitive because I had only had one job before and a lot of the questions were work experience related. Overall, it was easy and she said she'd call my references, and if that went well, she'd call me to set up when I start.

Sales Associate Interview

One on one interview with assistant manager

Interview Questions
    • Describe a stressful time at a previous job and what you did to overcome it   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Starting salary at minimum wage and a possible increase after a year of service

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marshalls.

name a time you faced a major obstacle
    tell me about your self
    what your weakness
    whats your strengths
    how can you help better this company
    who are you inside
    how was your day
    it was easy trust great fashion nice interview i was laughing with her

Sales Associate Interview

Said that my flexibility was great and would call back later in the week, never heard from the manager again. Very odd since I thought I'd at least get an interview

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marshalls.

It was easy basic interview questions. It was 2 interviews both 1 on 1 before they hire. It took like 2 weeks to get a phone call after i applied and then like another 2 weeks with the interviews. It kinda was a long process.

Interview Questions
    • What does customer service mean to you?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marshalls.

When I first came in I called for the manager and was then lead to the side at the back of the store where the manager's offices were at. I sat there with other 1 other person in a white room waiting for the manager to come in. She left and came back with 2 people asking them to take a seat. She asked questions like if we were eligible to work there, etc. Not to many questions really. She then proceeded to hand all of us job applications and to fill them out as honestly as we can. After we were done filling them out, she thanked us and said she will see us on Monday.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Marshalls.

Phone interview. Asked questions such as how would you handle a difficult customer and what do you think is great customer service? Hiried before the end of the call.

No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marshalls.

I gave in my application to the manager and was told that I look great and he'll call me during the week to schedule and interview, its been a month and he has never called back.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marshalls.

I applied on a Thursday and by Wednesday I got a call for an interview which I scheduled for that Friday. The interview by the manager was in the morning and it just so happened that they were having orientation that day (which lasted about 3 hours and got paid for) and I stayed for orientation after getting an offer which was 7.93, the minimum wage then. I wanted more since I had plenty of job experience, but because I didn't have retail experience they gave me the bare minimum. By that next Monday I was working for them.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was terrible, I wanted a little bit more money even with my previous job experience but because I didn't have retail experience I couldn't get anything higher than the minimum wage.

Full Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Marshalls.

Completed a short application online on Monday got called for on Sunday for an interview on Monday. Went to Marshalls the next day filled out the complete job application at the store. They told me to wait outside till i was called. Took about more than 1 hr. to get called in. I notified them that i was still here for my interview about 6 times until they finally assisted me. They interviewer took so long because she decided to attend the cash register (there was not a big line of shoppers either only like 2 people in line.) Finally went to get my interview and they made me wait outside the door for about 5 min. Finally went inside to take my actual interview after about 1hr and 30 min. The lady asked me why do you want to work at marshalls then i gave her a answer. Then she asked me about my previous jobs or volunteer work then i gave her my answer and it was a good answer. After i answered she was like oh well the position is already full (since a long time ago.) Have a nice day. The interview wasn't even 5 min. until she basically told me to leave. I thought to myself why would you make me wait more than an hour or even call me in for an interview if the position had been full since who knows when and then you make me wait so long for an "interview" that was no longer than 5 min. I was so furious. And i was dressed appropriately and everything.