Marshalls

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

Interviewed at Marshalls

Interview Details One on one interview with assistant manager

Interview Question – Describe a stressful time at a previous job and what you did to overcome it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Starting salary at minimum wage and a possible increase after a year of service

Shoes Associate Interview

Shoes Associate
Cape May Court House, NJ (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Marshalls in July 2012.

Interview Details 1 interview, got the job. Not many hours, and minimum wage is what was offered. Some work is better than no work was my response. I also said that my first sales position was for Kinney Shoes in the early 80's. I thought it quite ironic that my life had come full circle.

Interview Question – How do you feel about working for minimum wage?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't even try to negotiate; I thought I was locked in to the minimal wage. I sort of froze up, but this experience has made me be more aware for future negotiations.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate
Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview Details First I filled out the application. Then I got a call back after a few weeks. I had actually forgot I applied for the job by the time they called me back. I set up an interview which went perfectly. He asked me the usual questions. I was studying engineering at the time and he was concerned I was over qualified at the time and was confused as to why I wanted the job, but I was honest and told him I needed money to pay for books and he respected that. I was hired and then started training shortly after the interview. The work environment I actually did not like at all, because everyone was rude. I can understand rude customers, but the employees were rude as well. I'm not saying all Marshalls have rude employees though. It could have just been my location. The store was always a mess too no matter how much you put clothes back where they belong someone always takes it back down and the employees don't put clothes back correctly either. I also worked in the dressing room giving people numbers. I never worked on the register. I was either on the floor organizing or in the dressing room. I liked working in the dressing room because it was quiet and I had control to keep it organized. It was peaceful back there most of the time too.

Interview Question – My unexpected question was when he said "Well I see here your studying engineering? I'm confused as to why do you want to work here?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't have to negotiate he offered me a slightly higher hourly pay.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Marshalls.

Interview Details Had a over the phone interview, interview with the store manager, final with the district manager. After the interview with district manager I thought I had the job. I had to email the HR office 16 days later just find out they moved on to other candidates. Very very unprofessional.

Interview Question – What would you do if you was a store manager   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Marshalls in July 2014.

Interview Details Short easy interview (more like a conversation) with the assistant manager. Apply in person, it helps a lot. My interviewer was impress when I brought my resume in with me.

Interview Question – Literally not even a single hard question.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got a better paying job.

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at Marshalls

Interview Details it was okay from the start. I interviewed with several people aboutmy past. The process wasn't that bad. They do background checks and things like that. I was given an offer within 2 weeks of my first interview.

Interview Question – why were you fired from your last job?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Flushing, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Marshalls in July 2013.

Interview Details The interview went very well. I met with the store Manager and she asked me a few questions. Since I walked into the room she told me I was a good candidate to work at front end which is to provide the best customer service and resolve all customer issues. Everything went real quick.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Marshalls?   View Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier
Miami, FL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Marshalls in March 2012.

Interview Details its took me less than 10 minutes and got the job the manager didn't ask me a lot of questions she was super nice she ask me about the schedule that can work and i explain her then minutes later i was hired by the company

Interview Question – its was super easy   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate
Memphis, TN (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Marshalls in September 2010.

Interview Details they just want to know what you see yourself doing in 5 years and give you a written psych test to see if you are crazy. i was a referral but that did not matter. i was put through the same interview as all others were.

Interview Question – as long as you pass the criminal backgropund test your good   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they called

Back Room Coordinator Interview

Back Room Coordinator
Hiram, GA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Marshalls in October 2013.

Interview Details It was really fast paced and enjoyable. The employer used out of work style relations to in work and with our conversations. Was skilled in communications. Very easy to topple if you are confident in yourself, that is the key.

Interview Question – "Can you tell me about yourself" was the most difficult to me in my personal opinion. I have a difficult time trying to describe myself in any situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Stay calm, never fear.

Worked for Marshalls? Contribute to the Community!