Marsh

Updated 18 Nov, 2014
Updated 18 Nov, 2014

2.7

Certificate Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marsh.

Applied for another position and received an opportunity to purse this one instead. Started with a phone interview, followed by an in person interview. Met with the manager and supervisor. Very professional interview that took about 30 mins. Common questions. No surprises. No offer at the end of the interview. Waited weeks for a response. Overall, seemed like a great place to work and great people to work with.

Interview Questions
    • How would did you handle a situation with a difficult employee?   Answer Question

Risk Management Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marsh.

On campus interview. Very generic and scripted questions. One interviewer who I felt did not want to be there. It was not an enjoyable interview. There is not much research that can be done to help you prepare for the interview. Just a broad understanding of the insurance brokerage market. It would help to be to date on current clients and business processes that they use. Ask a lot of questions to better help your position in the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time in which you had to tell some (social, not work related) something difficult. Please relate this to your position of interest.   Answer Question

Customer Relationship Manager Interview

Group discussion followed by two rounds of group interview followed by one round of personal interview. Didnt clear the group interview round so unaware about further rounds. Involves unexpected questions and situations. Ability to be aggressive is desired.

Operations Analyst/Certificate Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marsh in October 2014.

I submitted an online application for the position and was contacted by a recruiter in Kentucky within a week. The recruiter sent a link for a virtual assessment to be completed, as well as scheduled a phone interview for the following week. The assessment and interview both consisted of fairly standard behavioral questions, e.g. "Tell me about a time you didn't agree with a co-worker and how you resolved the conflict," etc.

Next was a scheduled in-person interview at their offices with two hiring managers. They asked more of the same behavioral questions and went into a few details about the particulars of the position. Was informed within two weeks (via telephone by the recruiter in Kentucky) that I was being offered the position, and informed about start times for training classes.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a recent unpopular decision you made. How was it received? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

The pay is very much on the low side, at a non-negotiable $12.88/hr. This roughly equates to $26,000/yr, which even with benefits is tough to get by on.

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marsh in September 2014.

Two rounds of interviews - First round on Campus, and the recruiter hardly asked any questions. Just wanted to see how much you knew about Marsh and how interested you were in the position. Second round was a "superday" of four back to back 30min. interviews on-site with managers and the director of the TRAC program. Questions were mostly fit based, and the interviews were mostly conversations about the job, the company, etc. Pretty standard and straightforward interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Hoe do you deal with a difficult teammate? Why Marsh? What do you know about insurance?   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate for the internship offer

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Marsh.

Started with an on campus interview that was arranged after I had met representatives at a career fair. The on-campus interview was pretty straight forward and they focused on situations where I experianced challenges or had to adapt. I was then invited to an interview day where i had 3 back to back interviews with different SVP's and directors. The questions were mostly the same from before but they expected more thought out responses.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you worked in a group that did not listen to you and how did you overcome this challenge?   Answer Question
    none, accept or dont

Client Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Marsh.

Several over the phone interviews/discussions with the recruiter and 2 in person interviews. One was in person the other was group.

Interview Questions
    • What is it about your experience that makes you a good fit for this position.   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbandale, IA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbandale, IA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Marsh.

Applied and had an employee referral. I was contacted the next day to set up an in-person HR screening interview. HR representative was very friendly and asked me to explain my resume and describe my understanding of the position/company. Very easy. I was then asked to come in for a 2nd interview a week later with 2 supervisors. Interview was very informal and relaxed. Was asked questions like "Tell me about a time when..." or "How do you like to be supervised." I was contacted 3 weeks later with an offer. Everyone who I worked with was pleasnat and made me feel relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a negative performance review?   Answer Question
    Offer seemed firm.

Internal Sales -entry Level Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Marsh in May 2013.

online CV submission, was called in for an interview. Did a group task with the prospective sales team, as well as a personal one on one interview with HR representative.

Interview Questions
    • How are you a citizen of the world. I've lived in 4 countries as well as attended university in the Uk and Canada. While Im not sure if I gave an unsatisfactory answer, they were looking for something I didn't seem to hit the nail on the head with.   Answer Question

Risk Management Intern Interview

On Campus interview

Interview Questions
    • What new technology is gaining traction in the insurance industry?   View Answer