Marsh Interview Questions

Updated 28 Mar, 2015
Updated 28 Mar, 2015

2.8

Certificate Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marsh.

Interview

Applied for another position and received an opportunity to purse this one instead. Started with a phone interview, followed by an in person interview. Met with the manager and supervisor. Very professional interview that took about 30 mins. Common questions. No surprises. No offer at the end of the interview. Waited weeks for a response. Overall, seemed like a great place to work and great people to work with.

Interview Questions

• How would did you handle a situation with a difficult employee?   Answer Question

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marsh.

Interview

Applied through my university's career website. Sent cover letter to HR team in New York who forwarded it to local University Relations team. In several weeks, received request for on-campus interview. Interviewed with senior vice president, who asked several technical questions about my previous internship experience, then proceeded to discuss lighter topics such as sports and my university (which the SVP also attended). About a week later, received invitation for final interviews in downtown office.

Final interview day began early with a very informal briefing of what to expect with a Campus Recruiting specialist, followed by the actual interviews. Four candidates were brought in that day and each of us was put in a separate room. Four interviewers rotated between all four rooms, one visit from each interviewer to each candidate. My first three interviewers were VPs who asked moderately difficult behavioral questions, but were easy to socialize with, two in particular because they had graduated from the same university as me and knew many of the same people in the industry. The fourth interview was by far the most difficult, as the interviewer was an HR professional (in fact, the person who developed the TRAC program as I understand it) and asked very subjective and abstract questions. I felt that the order of my interviews put me at a disadvantage to the other candidates, because I was the person who was theoretically the most fatigued during my interview with the HR professional. However, I was told that all four of the interviewers would have some say in the decision, and to the best of my knowledge I was the only person who received an offer from that interviewing day.

After the round of interviews, all of the candidates were taken to a conference room to have refreshments and ask questions to current full-time TRAC Associates (This is a two-year rotational and formal training program which is the entry-level job upon completion of an internship). We were advised that this Q&A session would have no bearing on our interview decision, so we were free to ask anything we wanted without fear of consequences. After that session, the Campus Recruiting specialist told us that a decision would be made by the weekend (this interview day had been on a Thursday). I received a call the next day from the Campus Recruiting specialist asking how I thought the interview process went and informing me that I was being extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• Q: Name three strengths and three weaknesses of yours.

Q: Why are you interested in broking as opposed to another line of work in the insurance industry?

Q: Did you have a final presentation during your last internship? Tell me about that presentation, with an emphasis on analytical aspects.

Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Marsh.

Interview

I saw the job posting on Indeed, went to the company website and submitted my resume online. HR sent Email in a week to arrange a telephone interview.Questions are standard screening ones, salary expectation included. And It felt like they had a lot of candidates, so the whole process would take at least several weeks.

Interview Questions

• Introduce your background. Go through your resume. Describe your team work experience.   Answer Question

Summer TRAC Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Marsh (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Five basic behavioral questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Most questions are centered around common dilemmas you may come across in a school or work setting so work on your story-telling skills

Interview Questions

• What was a moment when you had trouble dealing with a fellow student, professor, boss, etc. and what was your response?   Answer Question

Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marsh (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Online application then a telephone interview. Pre-Telephone Interview difficult since it wasn't planned - therefore I wasn't prepared for the questions the interviewer asked. Interviewer very pleasant but difficult to convey your suitability when questions were only about the scheme itself.

Compliance Interview

Interview

Applied through law school's career database (symplicity) /Interviewed with a senior compliance officer at the headquarters (have heard though another intern was interviewed by three senior officers in one day)/got an offer after three weeks

Insurance Broker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marsh (New York, NY (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Easy. A few questions about resume, they had called my references. Seemed like a done deal before I got there! Interviewer was pleasant... Made it easy on me. This place geeks right..
    A good place to work.

Risk Management Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marsh (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

On campus interview. Very generic and scripted questions. One interviewer who I felt did not want to be there. It was not an enjoyable interview. There is not much research that can be done to help you prepare for the interview. Just a broad understanding of the insurance brokerage market. It would help to be to date on current clients and business processes that they use. Ask a lot of questions to better help your position in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in which you had to tell some (social, not work related) something difficult. Please relate this to your position of interest.   Answer Question

Interview

Group discussion followed by two rounds of group interview followed by one round of personal interview. Didnt clear the group interview round so unaware about further rounds. Involves unexpected questions and situations. Ability to be aggressive is desired.

Operations Analyst/Certificate Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marsh (Austin, TX (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I submitted an online application for the position and was contacted by a recruiter in Kentucky within a week. The recruiter sent a link for a virtual assessment to be completed, as well as scheduled a phone interview for the following week. The assessment and interview both consisted of fairly standard behavioral questions, e.g. "Tell me about a time you didn't agree with a co-worker and how you resolved the conflict," etc.

Next was a scheduled in-person interview at their offices with two hiring managers. They asked more of the same behavioral questions and went into a few details about the particulars of the position. Was informed within two weeks (via telephone by the recruiter in Kentucky) that I was being offered the position, and informed about start times for training classes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent unpopular decision you made. How was it received? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

The pay is very much on the low side, at a non-negotiable $12.88/hr. This roughly equates to $26,000/yr, which even with benefits is tough to get by on.