Marriott Front Desk Associate Interview Questions

Updated 6 Feb, 2015

2.3

Front Desk Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Marriott.

Interview

Interview was painless and stress free. I interviewed with the front desk manager and she asked mebasisc questions about my background, what position I was interested in and how would I handle a difficult situation with a hotel guest.

Interview Questions

• If a guest was angry and upset about something that was the hotels fault, how would you handle tat situation?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Marriott

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Marriott (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

applied online and was invited for an interview 5 days later, it was very short notice so quite difficult to arrange with my current job. interview lasted for about an hours, most questions were behavior related or situation, some company knowledge would help. also prepare some questions you'd like to ask!

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Marriott (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Simple, be honest and customer service oriented. Make sure your dressed properly. Conservative makeup and review of any information they asked. Be prepared to wait, as Hotel business never ends. Make eye contact and shake your interviewers hand.

Interview Questions

• Whats a situation you recently been in customer service wise?   1 Answer

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Marriott (New Orleans, LA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Transfer from another Marriott property. Initial phone conversation. Followed by a 30-40 minute phone interview. Typical interview questions. Marriott has standard questions that interviewers can use. Hired by phone 3 days later

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Marriott (Boulder, CO (US)).

Interview

I was requested to interview for the Boulder Courtyard last week. The hotel, upon entering, was welcoming but did not have a traditional front desk and made me apprehensive about where to go.

The staff seemed friendly, it took approximately fifteen minutes for my interviewer to finally see me, and the staff griped about a certain component of the job.

As it turns out this hotel asks that the front desk agents also train in the bistro.

Interview Questions

I was not interested in cross-training for the bistro, as would be required for the position. Also, the position salary started lower than my current income.

Front Desk Associate Interview

Interview

emailed one week after application. Received a phone call from the company asking questions and invited in for a first interview. Went in and spoke with the manager about previous work experience.

Front Desk Associate Interview

Interview

I went in to the hotel at the time and date we arranged via phone call, I sat down with the Assistant Manager and the Front Desk Lead. It wasn't stressful. They asked me questions about my resume and we went over the job description I was applying for. They were very respectful and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• I can't think of any. They were very orthodox with their questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were understanding of the current job I had at the time and we negotiated my start date and training process.

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copley, OH (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Marriott (Copley, OH (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Went in for an application. They had it emailed to me and I had to go have it printed and bring it back. Ugh. But fine. I jumped through the loop and I added my resume in instead of completing the application's work history section. I had NO hotel experience just a year or two of retail. I highlighted my customer service skills and my knowledge of basic office equipment and hoped for the best. I got a call for an interview the same day. Interviewer was very nice and relatable. I could see why he was in the hospitality industry. I was asked very few typical interview questions...NONE of them were difficult if you have any home-training. I was asked about my pay expectations, why I wanted to work there, the "tell me about yourself" question, asked what i thought the position would be like, told what it would be like, told about some of the policies, asked if i had any questions, etc. Very basic. Interviewer did most of the talking.

Interview Questions

• If you are on the phone and have two guests waiting in line to check in and a third guest comes up and says there is a leak in their room. What would you do?   1 Answer

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Marriott (Seoul (South Korea)) in March 2014.

Interview

Online aptitude test with practical questions(What would do if a guest was irritated with a heavy blanket...?) prior to interview — all Qs are objective // 30 min interview with HR manager + 30 min interview with manager of room operation // Qs were as below: How do you manage your time / Why are you trying to change your job / How do like hospitality industry, ....

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiate at all. I had to follow their policy

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Marriott (Bangalore (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

Just because of my experience in a 5 star hotel and sound knowledge, i got selected in second round for the post.