Marcus & Millichap Interview Questions

Updated 6 Apr, 2015
Updated 6 Apr, 2015

2.5

Commercial Real Estate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

Easy sit down interview. Tried to drill me on my education and experience, but it was actually a test to see how easily I could respond to pressure. Ended up talking to the interviewer about absolutely random things such as famous individuals, educational methods, and cultural differences between the United States and Canada.

Interview Questions

• What was your GPA in university, does it represent your ability?   Answer Question

Lack of base salary

Commercial Real Estate Broker Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

Simple questions about my past with pointers and insight about job. Very informal seeming, especially when the sales manager took a cell phone call during the interview. Basic questions to get to know me, see if I am literate basically. Not the side of the industry I was really trying to get into, but good experience and opportunity to speak with another firm in the CRE Industry.

Interview Questions

• Can you stay afloat for a year before you start making money?   1 Answer

Not feeling the broker/runner side of the business.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

College intern, working with a sales broker. Found the position through my college job placement office, and the hiring broker was an alumni of my school. process was 30 minutes, interview with just the broker, mostly personality questions and curious about my interest in real estate

Interview Questions

• why are you interested in real estate   1 Answer

Salesperson Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap (New York, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

They ask you about your life and other factors that would give them an idea about you. They seem very genuine and interested in my story and what I have to offer. It sounds like a good prospect, from what I see and they want to help you excel. I don't know what else to write here.

Commercial Real Estate Broker Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

Basically it was just like a normal interview, he looked over my resume and asked questions. We talked about how it is a 100% commission based job with no salary, and I expressed my qualms with that aspect. In the end, I didn't accept because to me starting a job shouldn't be a risky venture, it should make life more stable.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever cold called before?   1 Answer

Social Media Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

1st interview with hiring manager, 2nd interview with hiring mgr & VP. Both were basic interviews, standard questions, nothing special. Hiring manager didn't know much about social media campaigns, VP knew less but that's why they chose to hire a social media manager. It would have been nice had the position not radically changed into a basic data entry position a month later.

Negotiation

I was offered a salary that was acceptable to me.

Payroll/Stock Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Calabasas, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Positive experience. Phone call w/ HR went smoothly and easily. Scheduled an in-person interview with the Payroll Manager the subsequent week. The conversation was excellent and professional about expectations in the position, background, skills, etc. Followed up with HR by sending a thank you email and reiterated my interest. No response. At the very least, I could have received a response back l saying "No thanks." Not very professional. I have since secured better employment with a great investment firm so in many ways I am glad this did not work for me; if anything, it allowed me to land a better job.

Interview Questions

• No major difficulties after all my background was strong for the payroll portion. I probably lacked on the Stock Administration area, perhaps the reason why I did not get the position. In any case, a "Thank You" for taking the time and spending your gasoline would have been nice. I guess in this lean and mean market business "etiquette" seems to have gone out the window. It is as if employers feel they are doing us poor souls with no jobs a big favor for giving us the opportunity to interview.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

I interviewed with the managers of the office - regional and operations manager. Personality based. Two interviews with each manager. I went to the office a third time to be told I was getting hired. It was a seamless and very easy process. The interview consisted of learning about you but they also made sure you knew the job entailed a lot of cold calling.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Great Experience. Very Forthcoming with Information. Interested in you as a person. Great explanation of the firm's history and approach to the commercial real estate market. Took the time to evaluate your interests and relevant past experiences to find a "group" within the company that you would best fit into without overcoming significant hurdles due to personality, knowledge, or approach.

Interview Questions

• 5-10 year goals. Reason for wanting to get into the field. Prior Experience. Individualized questions about personal history, education, interests outside of work.   Answer Question

Agent Assistant Interview

Interview

Applied online, received a call within a few days. Agent asked why Marcus & Millichap and if I one day wanted to pursue RE license, and if I wanted to one day become an agent in the office.