Manpower

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Sourcing Specialist
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Manpower in March 2014.

Interview Details First I received an e-mail from a very nice lady from Manpower group solutions USA asking to schedule a phone interview. The day after she called me and the interview went well (basic questions about my background, education, experience, etc.. and the available job). She was very kind and told me how much my qualifications were matching the job requirements.
The second interview was with a manager from Toronto, she was talking about a different position which got me really confused so the interview didn't go well, I found it very unprofessional and she was really rude over the phone from the beginning of the interview, she had very poor interviewing skills.
I always speak up my mind so I did report what happened to the first person I talked to (from US) and she apologized for the confusion. Anyway I was invited to an interview with the employer (client of MPG) but guess what? it has been cancelled at the last minute by MPG saying that "the client decided to give up recruiting for this position at the moment".

Interview Question – Tell me about your work experience
Your salary expectations
etc...
No difficult questions, normal prescreening questions
  Answer Question

Staffing Specialist Interview

Staffing Specialist
Vancouver, BC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Manpower in August 2013.

Interview Details Received an initial phone call from HR and had a brief phone interview, had another phone interview 2 days later with the Lead Recruiter in HR. The phone interviews went well so they set up an interview for me with the Branch Manager.
During the interview we talked about my background and he told me more about their business. Received call a couple days later for a final interview with the Regional Director. It was very casual and relaxing, as we were talking more about what Manpower wants to do in the future and how I can fit in the plan.
Got a call from HR with their job offer and accepted.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected during the whole process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated after the initial job offer, improved offer was made and accepted.

Contract Administrator Interview

Contract Administrator
Roseville, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Manpower in November 2011.

Interview Details 1 phone interview with out of state recruiter & 1 phone interview with employer at which they placed me, who's headquarters was also out of state. Hired immediately thereafter to work at the office in my city.

Interview Question – Would I give up my current permanent, long time job for a temp position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered, I countered & they accepted and also gave me a huge raise 8 months into a 10 month contract for bringing the 14-month old untouched project current.

Constituent Representative Specialist At the American Cancer Society Call Center Interview

East Lansing, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Manpower in February 2013.

Interview Details I got a call for an interview within a week of applying and scheduled an interview within a week of the call. I interviewed for a position at American Cancer Society's call center. The interview was pretty basic and they will record your voice reading a script on a mock phone call. Iwas called back a few days after the interview to begin training.

Interview Question – again, the interview was pretty basic. no real fastballs   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Tech Support Interview

Tech Support
Muncie, IN (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Manpower in July 2012.

Interview Details just a face to face interview after filling out online application. Once you finish this its just waiting for the training class to start up. training is 3 weeks long and after that you start the on the phones and have person helping you. if you fail to get certified or pass training you lose the job

Interview Question – how long do you see yourself being here   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Contractor Interview

Contractor

Interviewed at Manpower

Interview Details Not a good interview process for temp work, I was not very happy. I was put under pressure made to wait which was long. Was rushed throughout the process.

Patient Attendant Interview

Patient Attendant
Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Interview Details Basic work history, oral swab drug test after offer, tests for HIPAA and patient rights, then tax forms. They went over the job overview and working conditions which were a hospital setting, cold/temperature controlled environments, proper use of PPE, chance of dealing with bodily fluids and patients with psych disorders.

Systems Administrative Interview

Systems Administrative

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Manpower in August 2010.

Interview Details Basic hiring practice - 1 phone and 2 face to face interviews. Not alot to say really, the process went very fast and was smooth. I began work within 3 weeks.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I needed work, period.

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Milwaukee, WI (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Manpower in June 2014.

Interview Details At first I didn't know it was for Manpower. I though it was for a position that manpower had. Best come with your collaboration experience and the need to move quickly on data mining.

Interview Question – What's this position going to do for your Career?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – $12 hr works

Branch Manager Interview

Branch Manager
Milwaukee, WI (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Manpower in October 2010.

Interview Details As with all interviewing now, you have to meet with a minimum amount of people to make it through the process. There was a personality/manangement style test to take on-line.

Interview Question – How did I communicate with difficult people?   View Answer

Worked for Manpower? Contribute to the Community!