Manpower Interview Questions

Updated 13 Apr, 2015
Updated 13 Apr, 2015

2.5

Staffing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Manpower (Vancouver, BC) in August 2013.

Interview

Received an initial phone call from HR and had a brief phone interview, had another phone interview 2 days later with the Lead Recruiter in HR. The phone interviews went well so they set up an interview for me with the Branch Manager.
    During the interview we talked about my background and he told me more about their business. Received call a couple days later for a final interview with the Regional Director. It was very casual and relaxing, as we were talking more about what Manpower wants to do in the future and how I can fit in the plan.
    Got a call from HR with their job offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated after the initial job offer, improved offer was made and accepted.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Manpower (East Norriton, PA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I found them through a career fair at a college. The manager drew my attention. He seemed eager to hire and he was very friendly. He made it seem like he was ready to offer me the internship on the spot. He wanted me to email him back. So I Emailed him about the intern position and they Got back to me within two days and offered an interview. Im Going to it today. Hopefully they could be a little flexible about the hours because i do plan to do another internship for school credit that requires my attention once aweek for about an hr. Oh the position he says was going to start as soon as u get hired asa part tie of 15-20 hrs until the semester ended and then to full time 5 days a week. The salary would be 12.50 an hr

Negotiation

12.50 hr full time temp

Temporary Worker Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Manpower.

Interview

What I was told about the job was not what I received upon accepting the position. I would caution anyone thinking about joining to make sure to research the position before accepting.

Interview Questions

Hours conflicted with school.

Logistics Dispatcher Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Manpower (Jackson, TN (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Job was not completely described in details at the time of the initial call to set up the interview. Pay rate was not the same at the time of the interview. Minimal details about the company other that the position can on be filled by a non-tobacco user. Company would not hire anyone that even smoked socially. Dates for previous jobs not related to the job description seemed to be more of an issue. Did not have an acceptable interview process.

Interview Questions

• First question was do you smoke at all?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Manpower.

Interview

Very intense. I went through 4 rounds of interviews. 3 phone screens (due to management being out of state) and 1 face to face. The last step is a culture fit interview to make sure that you're a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty straight to the point

Temporary Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Manpower.

Interview

This interview required availability for most of the day. It involved an in-person interview with a supervisor to become familiar with you. Secondly, I needed to complete some Microsoft Office Suite testing. This was to determine your overall skills level with MS Office. After that, I met with the supervisor again and she stated that someone would call me about any prospective jobs. I needed to follow-up after not hearing anything for three weeks. After that call, I was notified within a week about a temp. job. I took that job which lasted several months until the end of its term. Then, I took another job with a financial services company. I was a temp for that company for a year until they wanted to hire me as a permanent employee. It was a great experience.

Onsite Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Manpower (DeKalb, IL (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

This interview was scheduled last minute, and as a surprise to the branch manager, and staffing specialist.

Informal interview with the owner of the franchise in a coffee shop

Was told I had the job already and that I was just getting to know the owner

Franchise owner seemed to be very out of touch with what types of positions the company was staffing for the client

Help Desk Technician Interview

Interview

I applied for a Help Desk Technician position (IT) through the Harrisburg office. About three weeks later, I get a call from their York office to come in for an interview for a temp job, assembling fenders for motorcycles. They didn't address the job I applied for, and they pitched a random temp job in a completely different industry/trade.

Order Filler Interview

Interview

It should be a lot better. You will get a phone call to come in for a drug test. Then they tell you what you want to here just so you can take the assignment. Eight months to a year its a whole different story. Oh its not a permenat job anymore.

Customer Service Interview

Interview

simple, drug test, background check, had a conversation with one of the hiring agents and it didn't really feel like an interview, they were very friendly and the process was quick and simple. It was just a temp to hire position and I was there for 2 years, some people were there longer and never got hired on permanent basis. I only saw one person hire on as permanent and then the business closed shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions

• can't think of any difficult ones, just the basic, "tell us about a time when you went above and beyond... mostly behavioral questions and to see how fluent I was in my other language.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation