Mahindra Satyam

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Mahindra Satyam in March 2011.

Interview Details Round 1 - Written Test - Aptitude Verbal and Logical Reasoning. They were quite easy because I had enough practice from 1 year ahead Round -2 - Technical - STructs and Unions - C and others from C, HR - why mahindra? how? hobbies? expectations?

Interview Question – Whats the most exciting thing now ?.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Joining too late (More than an year after they accepted me)

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Hyderābād (India)

I applied online - interviewed at Mahindra Satyam in February 2013.

Interview Details It was a tiring experience,,,,,but i finally got the nod

Interview Question – what will you do? when you become PM of india?   View Answer

Project Leader Interview

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mahindra Satyam.

Interview Details Telephonic and Face to Face Interview by Competency Head

Interview Question – The Questions was completely related to Sybase Databases, Application Development and Maintenance, People Management.

The difficult question was you have to join in 5 days so I rushed to Delhi to bring my documents for the joining and verification.
  Answer Question

Project Lead Interview

Project Lead
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Mahindra Satyam in January 2013.

Interview Details Interview process with Satyam was ok but with client wasnt good. Hiring process wasnt professional. HR is pathetic. They dont give a heed to employee concerns. Once the visa was approved, they just pressurize you to join at any cost and keep on following on a daily basis to check if you are joining or not. Lot of insecurity and unprofessional attitude.

Interview Question – I want you to resign on this day. Negotations on salary not at par.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pathetic.

Developer Interview

Developer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mahindra Satyam.

Interview Details Interview process was simple. Client Interview for 1.5 hours and HR round

Interview Question – Client Interview was average   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much

Associate Interview

Associate
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Mahindra Satyam in June 2009.

Interview Details It was good, they were clear about my role, shift, timings, pay etc.

Interview Question – would you sign a contract with us   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Chennai (India)

Interview Details Good and quick wrap up with no inconvenience for people coming from far off.

Interview Question – Technical question in non-functional testing though I am for functional, but my answer was appreciated for the attempt   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Mahindra Satyam.

Interview Details 1 written Test (quant,resoning,verbal) 130 q 1 hr objetive type
2 subject test objective type
3 Techn Interview 4:1
4 Project Manager interview (gen/optional very rare0
5 hr interview

Interview Question – all expected q   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – they did not send the offer letter so far.

Engineering Services Lead Interview

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Mahindra Satyam in February 2009.

Interview Details One level of Telephonic interview with Business Leaders followed by physical meetings with VP / SVP. Followed by a presentation

Interview Question – Unexpected Question would be on the Current Dynamics and numbers of your current employer   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was recruited as a fresher, so no scope of Negotiation. But usually, the negotiation is limited to 30% hike on current salary

Test Engineer Interview