Macy's Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated 5 Apr, 2015

2.5

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's (Pleasanton, CA (US)).

Interview

There was a group interview where the went around and asked everyone questions. After the group interview if you got a follow up interview it was one on one. They did call backs to let you know if you got the position.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at macys. are you able to work seasonal hours. do you have prior experience in retail.   Answer Question

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

It took few days. I applied through monster.com and booked interview through macy's site.
    I could choose the date and time. So I selected the convenient time for me.
    You can cancel and reschedul your interview if you have enough time before the interview, but you can't reschedule the interview if it's near future.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell macy's card?   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

One of the recruiter companies called me if I have an interest in contract to hire position at Macy's in San Francisco. Actually I was looking for a full time position but the job description was very interesting and I said OK.
    He scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager and one of his leads two days later. The hiring manager asked me short about my last projects and experience and it took about 10 min. After that the lead started asking me detailed technical questions. I was able to answer all his questions. Some time after 40 minutes came the architect and start asking me questions related to Core Java. As he started his questions I felt there is something wrong the way he was communicating his questions.
    One of his question was to say yes/no to true/false e.g. what dose object1.equals(object2) returns? True or false if they are from the same type.Very basic and simple question. His next question was how many "for" loops dose java have. I thought instead of answering this question I should hang up. But I answered his question.
    To me this was clear that they have already some one in mind to hire.

This was wasting my time and energy.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

First,meet the HR manager.After that,I was invited to meet the dept manager.The dept manager called me for a shot talking,then met me for 30 mins.They are very nice!!Let me feel very comfortable to talk with them.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's (San Ramon, CA (US)).

Interview

Applied online. Few weeks later received an email to schedule for an interview. Came to the interview 30 minutes early. Checked in. One-on-one interview. She was really nice. After that interview I was then interviewed ny another lady and im guessing that was a department manager that I was going to be with if i was hired. She was sweet to. It was nerve wrecking but got over it

Interview Questions

• How would you up sale a customer if she was only buying jeans?   1 Answer

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

A few days after applying I recieved an email to schedule an in store interview. During the interview you go to the HR department and call for the manager.
    We met and went through routine questions "tell me a time when you had to sell to a stranger" after answering the questions I recieved an offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a product to a complete stranger?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They told me the base pay and the percentage of comission. It was satisfactory so I agreed. Set up my schedule for the following week.

Sales Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Macy's (Newark, CA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Only had one interview, face-to-face. Had extensive experience in retail at the general manager level so this interview was more of a "get to know you" conversation. I believe they were concerned that I might feel over-qualified,but as my experience was with a much smaller sized store I felt this was a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Usual questions ... describe a time, tell me about, etc. Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Seasonal Administrative Support Team (AST) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received an email notification about an in-person interview a few days after. I scheduled an appointment through an online system. The interview was a bit late because the supervisor for AST had a lot of interviews that day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Macys?
      Tell me about yourself.
      What was the most difficult customer experience?
      Describe a time when you had to work as a team.
      Describe a time you went through the most change.

Answer Question

Loss Prevention Detective Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Macy's (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

1 phone interview and 2 in person interview. Met with other detectives to see if we get along, then contingent job offer, background check, no drug test then job offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Macy's (Berkeley, CA (US)).

Interview

After the resume drop, a college recruiter will contact you for an in-person interview on campus. You will interview with two people at this time and those two individuals' roles vary. I was interviewed by an HR Manager and a Store Manager.

Interview Questions

• Case study/ role play of how you would address and coach an associate on one metric on their scorecard. The interviewer will evaluate why you chose this metric to coach to and assess how confident you are when delivering your feedback.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Starting salary is fixed.