Macy's Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
2,565 interviews

2.3

Seasonal Stock Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

Once I applied online waited 2 days, got a response via emial. She was really friendly even thou my interviewer was late. Interview was pretty straight forward wasn't hard. First question she ask was why macy as i say my answers she wasnt even looking at me too busy writing what you respond.

Interview Questions
    • describe a time where you had to work in a team and what did you do   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Very simple and straight forward. Nothing difficult. The interview process is very basic and not very long. They just want to know that you at least has some personality and aren't a total lunatic. I would simply suggest that you relax and be yourself without trying too hard to impress

Interview Questions
    Be honest and upfront about what you want

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Macy's in October 2013.

I applied online then 2 weeks later got an interview. The interview was great nice average questions.I was hired on the stop and asked what department I wanted to work in. Then, the interview ended and they never contacted me again until I showed up and asked what was going on. The Department manager that hired forgot that she had hired me. So, I had to interview again and got hired again.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you knew a coworker was stealing from the company?   Answer Question
    I accepted the start wage which was 8.00

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Macy's.

I applied online and received an email back to schedule an appointment for an interview. Got there ON TIME and was told that the woman that was supposed to interview me was on lunch. had to wait 20 minutes before the lady came back. I was led into a room where the interview was actually conducted.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't a difficult question but the biggest question was describe an experience in which you provided excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to negotiate, but I received more than my last job so I was okay with the salary.

Staff Auditor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Macy's in August 2014.

First interview consisted of a phone interview with an in-house recruiter. The phone interview consisted of basic questions: "Why are you seeking to leave your current role?" and "How does this role fit into my career goals?" I had a follow-up interview a week later. I was pleased to learn that the company was flexible in either completing the follow-up interview face-to-face or via phone if schedules conflicted.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any unexpected questions. My advice to any job seeker would be to do your homework prior to the interview. Rehearse your responses to typical behavior-based interview questions. Know your strengths and weaknesses and be ready to sell yourself. Also, remember this is your opportunity to see if the company culture is a fit for you.   Answer Question

Administrative Support Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

A ton of "Tell me about a time when..." questions, as is typical with Macy's. They ask every candidate the exact same questions, so make sure to give unique, personal answers. He had very difficult follow-ups to every question. I answered a question with "I never sacrifice accuracy for speed" and he asked "what if I needed you to get something done fast?"

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when you listened well"   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Macy's in July 2014.

I waited in a common area for at least 20 minutes waiting for the interviewer. She was very polite but read from a script the entire interview. It made things very tense and uncomfortable. She asked me at least 10 difficult questions that I was not prepared for in the slightest. They were all 3-4 sentences in length and after I would answer, she would spend the next two minutes writing down my word for word answer..... Every question seemed to end with "Tell me a time when you......". It was extremely awkward.

Interview Questions
    • ....Tell me about a time when you witnessed a coworker being dishonest and how you handled the situation. Explain to me how you showed integrity.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Macy's.

HR contacted me to set up an interview about a week after applying online. The interview was pretty straightforward. The interviewer asked questions off a list. So the questions were pretty standard stuff that you would here anywhere else. ex. Why work at macys? Strengths and weaknesses?, Describe a time where you had to use teamwork to solve a problem? ....

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, but quite a few situational questions, so be prepared with your examples that show your teamwork, leadership, problem-solving skills, etc...   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Food Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Macy's.

It took 2-3 months for them to get back to me about being hired seasonal. The interview was easy. There was a group interview of about 20-40 people. Then they called you in individually for a 1:1. At the end of the 1:1 they let you know if you where hired and asked you to go sit back in the open area. You got your paperwork and date to report to orientation.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chesapeake, VA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA (US)

Got an email to schedule an interview. Picked the first available day, showed up went to HR office and sat and waited forever. Interviewer shuffled through paperwork to ask me questions. Said I would get an email if I did or did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had a group assignment. What was your task and how did you handle this.   Answer Question

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!