Macy's Interview Questions

Updated 23 Oct, 2014
2,741 Interview Reviews

2.3

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

The interviewing process wasn't really all that difficult. For the First interview it was just the basics : "Tell me about a time when..." and "How would you handle this situation". I got called back for a second interview, but they told me the position was filled and offered me another position instead which was great.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make a customer feel better if they're feeling guilty about leaving the store without buying anything?   View Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

the process was intimidating the person whom i spoke to imply seems as if she wasn't into the rpcoess. the whole procedure was out of order and the whispering and giggles was not helpful either.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Macy's.

Pretty standard. Got asked how would you up a sale, what if you saw a coworker stealing, why did you apply to macy's, how you sell a mace's credit card to someone, do you work well with others, name a time you had to come to a solution to fix a problem.

Interview Questions
    • For me there was no difficult or unexpected question when I went to interview. It was just simple questions that were not hard to answer at all. Just be yourself and outgoing and you'll land the job. It's not that to get the job.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Macy's in October 2014.

Got there 15 minutes early. Interview started 30 minutes after scheduled time, but interviewer apologized and was very polite. Got the paperwork and took me into the back room. There was a packet of questions. She read off the paper and wrote down my answers. Asked about availability. I was offered the position immediately after. $7.95 an hour. Interview lasted a max of 15 minutes. Questions included:
    Tell me a time when you had to use integrity to deal with a situation.
    Tell me a time when you had to offer an alternate solution to a customer and what was the solution.
    How do you think you will fit in at this company.
    Why Macy's? What attracted you to work here?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to sell something to a stranger and what did you say and what was the end result.   View Answer
    No negotiation

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Applied online. All communication is done via email. Got a call a couple days later to conduct a phone interview. Typical interview questions which lasted only 20 minutes. Was offered a position on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to sell and item and what were the results.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

Easy interview process. Had a number of people meet with HR to discuss a very short basic questionnaire. Then a group interview which acted like a training session. It was a very easy and short interview process. Possibly because it was seasonal so they just hired who they could to help during the busy season.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

I have applied only. The next day I have received an email to schedule an interview with one store manager. Went to the interview. There were some general questions regarding how to sale something, how to treat customers.

Interview Questions
    Received an offer on the place

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Macy's.

Applied online, scheduled an interview a week later. Smooth and easy as long as you prepare. Hired on the spot. So what are you waiting for? Go Apply!! Uh Like now!

9$/hour un negotiable

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Macy's.

I was actually recruited by a Department Manager for Macy's. I Managed a small store in the Mall, and occasionally had lunch with a group of Department Managers from Macy's who encouraged me to talk to their HR manager about working for Macy's. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about my management style, how I would handle certain situations with difficult employees, and how I would conduct meetings.   View Answer
    I was recruited, so I knew in advance what the offer was.

Seasonal Retail Stock Merchandising Interview

Interview was done over the phone. Fairly simple questions about personal experience and why I would be good at the job. Interview took about 5 minutes, which most of the time was spent reading over the job description. There is no room for wage negotiation and was told that the seasonal job ends January 1st. Got a job offer as soon as the interview was over and started the job the next week.

Interview Questions
    • If there is a coworker that isn't doing a great job what will you do?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.