Lowe's

757 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Associate Interview

London, ON

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Lowe's in July 2012.

Interview Details I applied online at night and received a call the next morning asking to set up an interview. I received the call to set up a second interview on the way home from the first interview. Although it is a three stage interview process the third interview was conducted at the same time as the second and simply consisted of the store manager telling me I was hired

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you made a mistake at work?   Answer Question

Head Cashier Interview

Head Cashier
Toronto, ON

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2012.

Interview Details Hiring process is simple. 3 Stage interview, meet with 2 managers, and then store manager to sign the final contract. Quick and easy as long as you are prepared and know general information about the company.

Interview Question – Most difficult question for me to answer was "name a time where you could not meet the expectations or needs of a customer in an incident, what did you do about it and how did you feel?" something along those lines. It is always hard to pick out your own faults and describe them without making yourself sound horrible, but you also want to be honest and realize that we are not perfect and admitting to mistakes or challenges we have faced in past is important to learn in the future.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was given a decent competitive wage, on a peak contract, which means no end date, but i am not considered part time or full time, so no benefits. I had been a cashier for 2 years previous at the same location, so my hiring process was a little more simple.

Very Easy Interview

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager
Edmonton, AB

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lowe's in July 2013.

Interview Details Received a phone call from a lady that asked some questions regarding my background. She scheduled an in-store interview with an assistant manager. No one informed him of the interview and he was surprised when I showed up, but based on my performance, I was brought back two days later for a final interview and job offer with the store manager.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult or unusual. Most questions regarding how to handle different customer expectations. Based on my experience, however, the management didn't bother to ask me form questions, just discuss my personal experience in the field.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I told them exactly what I wanted and it was all within reasonable demands. It was simple, easy, and fast. I asked for an above average salary, but I had one job offer already for that salary in hand, so they agreed without much discussion.

Seasonal Associate Interview

Toronto, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2010.

Interview Details At least 2-3 interviews.

Interview Question – "Give an example of how you've handled a difficult situation at work".   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Don't be afraid to haggle, but once they hit their ceiling, that's it.

Customer Service Associate II Interview

Customer Service Associate II
Calgary, AB

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview Details Applied online... got a telephonic interview with HR Manager, general questions.. Why Lowe's? Why this position?
Then schedule for in person interview.. interview with HR Manager again.. some basic questions.. how would you handle angry customer.. ever you found a customer in understanding his problem... most difficult customer? what you like in this job? then interview with the Assistant store manager on same day... repeating questions... how would you made a complete sale? How would you feel working in totally different and new department and so on then they schedule interview with the store manager on the same day..He asked same types of questions like why should i select you.. why lowes? hows team work attracks you.. then just offer me a job

Interview Question – basic questions   View Answer

Human Resources Interview

Toronto, ON

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in September 2010.

Interview Details The people were very nice, but very disorganized. I went through 3 different phone interviews with 3 individuals from 3 different divisions, then went through the interview process at 3 different locations. After successfully navigating the interview process I was told that they would be in touch regarding next steps. After no word and numerous follow-ups, they informed me that there was an issue with the internal employee requisition request. I had accepted another offer at that point.

Interview Question – How would you handle the rigors of this job?   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Wichita, KS (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Lowe's in August 2012.

Interview Details HR department called after about 2 months. Set up interview at the store. Came in for a 45 minute interview with HR manager and store manager. Just basic questions in regards to customer service, personnel, and store procedures. Store manager called me within 3 days to offer me the position.

Interview Question – How do you motivate your a manager who does not agree with the policy?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me $59000 and I accepted. There was no negotiation.

Customer Service Associate II Interview

Siloam Springs, AR (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in September 2013.

Interview Details Very straight forward, called several times until I was offered an interview. Interviewed with HR and a manager, mostly behavioral questions ("tell me about a time"). Very friendly and easy to talk to. Just have good examples of customer service or sales skills.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you failed at something and how you corrected it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not really much negotiation, they give you a starting pay that goes up based on performance.

Unimpressed With the Disability Schtick - DC/MW Temp TM-Outreach Interview

Lebanon, OR (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2014.

Interview Details Company purports to be a business entity actively recruiting individuals with disabilities, but it seems reasonable to believe decisions are influenced by speech impediments and other social impairments that a disabled applicant has. The rejection letter is phrased so generically that it is difficult to surmise any reasoning. It just seems that a company that claims to show a willingness to hire people with disabilities ought to give individuals such as those with Aspergers who have a clean background but might have trouble articulating their strengths a chance rather than just ostracize them further from society and watch them burn.
Strangely, first I received a letter of no interest via email a couple of weeks after applying, then a few weeks later I got an invitation to come in for an interview (only to get the final lovely "do not reply" rejection letter a few days thereafter).

Interview Question – It was the infamous "tell me about yourself" and "what particular strengths make you stand out?" inquiries. Other questions were more situational where examples of previous experience were requested and therefore a little easier. For example, cite an example of working on a team and how I functioned there and describe a time I had to work with an uncompromising coworker were demonstrative of these.   Answer Question

Millwork Sales Specialist Interview

Nashua, NH (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Lowe's in September 2010.

Interview Details You are asked to take a computer quiz first before coming in for interview that consists of about 50 questions. You are given scenarios of retail situations and asked how you should respond. Then, you may or may not be called for an interview with the HR manager. If they like you, you will move on to interviewing with the store manager or an assistant manager. Lastly, you will need to pass a drug test where they basically just swab your cheek.

Interview Question – I can't remember any specific questions but it would be beneficial to look up some generic retail questions and fake scenarios before going in for the interview. There is a specific retail etiquette that I was not familiar with.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lowe's

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lowe's interview questions and advice. All 757 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Lowe's employees and interview candidates.