Lowe's Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

Head Cashier - Front End Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in May 2014.

HR Manager called me and set for interview and then he told me that due to my experience he wanted me to be interviewed for a head cashier position. After 2 weeks HR mgr called me up for a second interview with the Gen Manager .The Manager who interviewed me maybe has already somebody in mind so he did not ask a lot of questions.the interview lasted for about 5-10 minutes. and that's it. he told me that he will call up next week because they have other candidates to be interviewed that time.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are more of a behavioral type. like name a time where you could not met the expectation or need of a customer...Tell me about about a time you went above and beyond for a customer...A time when you had an irate customer what did you do..   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate & Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Lowe's.

3 interviews, first one with HR, second with ASM and third with store manager, pretty lengthy

Interview Questions
    • They asked to describe specific examples of experience for multiple customer service scenarios, kind of caught me off guard   Answer Question
    Pretty straight forward, not many options. Wage is already set out.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Lowe's in July 2012.

I applied online at night and received a call the next morning asking to set up an interview. I received the call to set up a second interview on the way home from the first interview. Although it is a three stage interview process the third interview was conducted at the same time as the second and simply consisted of the store manager telling me I was hired

Head Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Lowe's in April 2012.

Hiring process is simple. 3 Stage interview, meet with 2 managers, and then store manager to sign the final contract. Quick and easy as long as you are prepared and know general information about the company.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question for me to answer was "name a time where you could not meet the expectations or needs of a customer in an incident, what did you do about it and how did you feel?" something along those lines. It is always hard to pick out your own faults and describe them without making yourself sound horrible, but you also want to be honest and realize that we are not perfect and admitting to mistakes or challenges we have faced in past is important to learn in the future.   Answer Question
    Was given a decent competitive wage, on a peak contract, which means no end date, but i am not considered part time or full time, so no benefits. I had been a cashier for 2 years previous at the same location, so my hiring process was a little more simple.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edmonton, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Lowe's in July 2013.

Received a phone call from a lady that asked some questions regarding my background. She scheduled an in-store interview with an assistant manager. No one informed him of the interview and he was surprised when I showed up, but based on my performance, I was brought back two days later for a final interview and job offer with the store manager.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult or unusual. Most questions regarding how to handle different customer expectations. Based on my experience, however, the management didn't bother to ask me form questions, just discuss my personal experience in the field.   Answer Question
    I told them exactly what I wanted and it was all within reasonable demands. It was simple, easy, and fast. I asked for an above average salary, but I had one job offer already for that salary in hand, so they agreed without much discussion.

Seasonal Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in March 2010.

At least 2-3 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • "Give an example of how you've handled a difficult situation at work".   View Answer
    Don't be afraid to haggle, but once they hit their ceiling, that's it.

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Windsor, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Lowe's in October 2010.

The process was 2 part and held at a Motel in town because is was to be the first store here

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all pretty straightforward, regular fair stuff.   Answer Question
    I did ask for a higher hourly wage and got an additional $0.50 per hour. I also asked about what department and was told what was still open and then got the best one - appliances because of spiffs (money from vendors).

Customer Service Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lowe's.

Applied online... got a telephonic interview with HR Manager, general questions.. Why Lowe's? Why this position?
    Then schedule for in person interview.. interview with HR Manager again.. some basic questions.. how would you handle angry customer.. ever you found a customer in understanding his problem... most difficult customer? what you like in this job? then interview with the Assistant store manager on same day... repeating questions... how would you made a complete sale? How would you feel working in totally different and new department and so on then they schedule interview with the store manager on the same day..He asked same types of questions like why should i select you.. why lowes? hows team work attracks you.. then just offer me a job

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lowe's in September 2010.

The people were very nice, but very disorganized. I went through 3 different phone interviews with 3 individuals from 3 different divisions, then went through the interview process at 3 different locations. After successfully navigating the interview process I was told that they would be in touch regarding next steps. After no word and numerous follow-ups, they informed me that there was an issue with the internal employee requisition request. I had accepted another offer at that point.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle the rigors of this job?   View Answer

Online Traffic Manager Interview

I had an initial phone interview, then had on site interview with panel of about 6 other managers that I would be working with. The position was new and not very defined so most of the questions were general information about how I manage people and processes. The entire process took about 3 weeks and they were very flexible with my start date.

Interview Questions
    There's not much negotiating of salary.

Worked for Lowe's? Contribute to the Community!