Los Angeles USD Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
23 interviews

2.4

Intern Interview

There wasn't much of an interview process. I got the position after a recommendation through networking. My general impression is that you don't make it into the district without having an "in". Of course, you will have to competent and good at what you do, but you will probably have to network yourself into the mix.

Senior BSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Los Angeles USD in April 2014.

I had one telephonic and one in person interview. Lots of situation based questions were asked and some on SQL to test my technical skills. I got the offer next day after the interview.

Adult Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Los Angeles USD.

I got this job by fluke. I applied as an adult ed sub. Called in one night to sub. I asked the administrator du jour to model instruction. She did, and asked if I could handle it. I said I did, and I did. I got the job permanently a few weeks later and never looked back until the recent job cuts have affected my pay and job security..

UTLA, the union, and the District, per collective bargaining agreement,

Playground Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

interviewed at Los Angeles USD in August 2011.

Called a week ahead of interview day, two total interviews, take high school diploma, got asked questions, spent a month waiting on getting fingerprint scanned

English Teacher Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Los Angeles USD.

Panel with Principal, Administrator, and sometimes there is a teacher or parent.

Interview Questions
    • How would you... scenario questions, but as fellow educators we're made for these off the wall scenarios!   Answer Question

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Los Angeles USD in January 2011.

I was hired by David Briones who was a former teacher when I attended school there. The hiring process was very informal because of our relationship. I took the district exam, passed both tests with 100% and was eligible to work for any LAUSD school. I went to work for O'Melveny Elementary.

None

High School Teacher Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Los Angeles USD.

its was simple as far as meeting with the district to get fingerprinted, and processed. The interview comes from the school site

Interview Questions
    • basic interview questions regarding situational workplace questions   Answer Question

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Gate, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Gate, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Los Angeles USD in March 2010.

Although being an internal candidate it took awhile to get an interview due to the amount of candidates applying for positions. However, when contacted it was everything went smoothly. The interviewers were the assistant principal of another location, then after clearing that level the final interview was held by the sites principal and assistant principal.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions were scenarios of what one would do with a student who was proficient in English but did not want to move up to the next level.   View Answer
    This was during processing and as an exempt rookie there were no perks offered.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Los Angeles USD.

It was fine, as long as you have a college degree and have passed the CBEST.

Interview Questions
    • It has been so long ago; maybe how much math did you have in college?   Answer Question
    None. It is what it is.

High School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Los Angeles USD.

I was hired at the school and told to go downtown to process the paperwork. After an hour drive in traffic I was told that the person I had an appointment with had gone for a root canal and would be back in 3 hours. I asked if there was someone else who could process my paperwork and the backup person told me that I couldn't be hired at that school because I am white and their numbers were out of compliance. I waited for the original person and he used a different calculator, so the numbers came out OK!

Interview Questions
    • How do you control difficult students?   View Answer

Worked for Los Angeles USD? Contribute to the Community!