Lockheed Martin

Updated 2 Aug, 2014

2.5

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Systems Engineer Staff Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview process varies greatly. Lockheed being a large company has various ways of how they conduct their hiring. It is mostly dependent on the local site and its management. I went through four different interviews and each was different. When I was initially hired on, I had one interview and that was it. HR was conducting the hiring from a different state - It took two weeks. Later on, I interviewed at a different site and it was much more rigorous and took longer.

Interview Questions
  • They were mostly interested in problem solving ability. Given a situation, how would you handle it - That type of a thing   Answer Question
It only took one week

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Systems Engineer Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Posted for job on Monster (March of 2000) - Interviewed with 7 local managers (Systems engineer, program office, manufacturing, electrical engineer, mechanical engineer, security, and HR) the next week. Received the offer 4 weeks later and started 2 weeks after that.

Interview Questions
    • All day interview. No difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    I asked for an amout that was a 70% increase on my last salary. They said "yes".

Systems Engineer Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I applied for several system engineering positions on their career website. I was not contacted for ~ 30 - 45 days until asked to attend an interview. I was supposed to meet with a person that was on the program; however, he was 'busy' so I met with another person. The interview was very formal (e.g. what did you do at your previous job?)... there were no behavioral questions. The interviewer told me that she believed I would be good for 1 of the available positions and I should be contacted within a week. I contacted the recruiter, informing him that I had another offer that I needed to provide a decision on ASAP. The (LM) recruiter did not inform me that LM intended to provide me with an offer until 1 week after I needed to make a decision on the other offer (which I had accepted). I decided to rescind acceptance of the other offer to accept the LM offer. I waited 2 months for a start date (which is how long I was told that it could take) and then LM rescinded their offer to me. Also, I have not been contacted by any LM recruiters since (~ a month ago). I have been unemployed (laid off) this entire time. I am less optimistic about LM as a company that I would want to work for considering how I was treated.

Interview Questions
    I did not try to negotiate. I accepted the job offer as is; however, LM rescinded the job offer after 2 months of waiting for the start date.

Systems Engineer Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in August 2012.

Process consisted of interviewing with Lockheed over the phone, then one-on-one, then with the customer's review panel. Interviews with Lockheed were mostly non-technical, just talking about perspectives of the customer, how things could be done better, etc. The customer interview was more in line with past experience, desired roles, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you leaving your previous employer after only 6 months there?   View Answer

Staff Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2010.

Interviewer was not hiring manager. Interview consisted of mostly behavioral questions. When I asked about job description, tasks, expectations, interviewer declined due to security reasons. Interviewer did not meet my expectations. I gave all my information, but received absolutely zero information in return, not even about type of work, specific software skills needed, what type of clearance I needed, or even the type of people I'll work with. Overall, very disappointing experience.

Interview Questions
    • Describe what challenges you had on project X and how you overcame them   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2010.

I was already an LM employee at a different location. The transfer included a level increase, as well as a new title/position. The interview was handled over the telephone and consisted mostly of career aspiration discussions. Competency knowledge was gained through basic experience-related questions and communications skills were identified during the call. The interview was conducted with my new functional manager only, no team. No skills test was provided. The interview seemed mostly aimed towards identifying whether or not I was a fit within the site and the team.

Interview Questions
    • Why did I decide that my previous site was no longer suitable?   View Answer
    • What have I done to increase communications within a team and what were the specific results?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate for this position. I applied, interviewed and accepted the salary/position available. The salary was inline with corporate standards and the level of salary increase was thoroughly explained with the rationale.

Systems Engineer Staff Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2009.

I met with the manager and his boss (senior director) at the same time. They both flew to my location from California and from DC, and met at my selected time. We talked for about 1 hour. The next day, they made an excellent offer, which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    At the time of this interview, I had two offers in writing from other companies. In this interview, I provided my minimum salary I could accept, which was 12% higher than both other offers. They met my minimum and added 5% more.