Lockheed Martin Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated 22 Sep, 2014

2.1

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

The first step in the interview process was a 30 min Screening Interview, with very basic questions about personality and goals.
The second step was a different day with a 30 min Technical Interview with very basic programming questions over the phone.
The final interview step was a one hour in person interview with staff and management.

Interview Questions
  • What is the best skill you can bring to our team?   View Answer
Yes, negotiated relocation

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin.

I received a phone call to arrange an face-to-face interview a couple of weeks after submitting my CV through the LM site. There were no tests or phone interviews beforehand. The interview was held by one team leader and one program/product manager and was extremely high level, mainly made up of run-of-the-mill HR style questions. It lasted 30-45 minutes.

Only one real technical/programming question was asked, despite that being the main focus of the role I was interviewing for. The sample code I was asked to improve was very basic (not a real world example, only a few lines) and had no context associated with it. It was obvious there was a "right answer" the interviewers were looking for but although I suggested several improvements, with little surrounding information I could not find that right answer and it was clear that that was the end of my chances of securing the role.

The interviewers very much stuck to the printed questions on the sheets in front of them rather than having a real interest in my experience or abilities. I wasn't asked to run through my CV or discuss any projects I had worked on even though they were very relevant to the opening.

I received a standard rejection email a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Here is some elementary code. Explain how you would improve it.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in January 2014.

Initially they will conduct a telephonic round, after that have a skype call and if required in-person interview will be scheduled. Starts from basic questions and then will drill you down deeper.
    initially they asked me about asp.net then asp.net mvc and sql server.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2013.

Onsite Interview

Interview Questions
    • Code the solution for the Tower of Hanoi   View Answer
    Negotiate and ask for more than normal rates

Senior Software Engineer Interview

It was rather lax. Manager only had limited knowledge of the technologies used on his project.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. The interview process is a joke.   Answer Question
    There was none. Here's the offer: take it or leave it.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA (US)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2011.

I've had several interviews within Lockheed Martin. None of them were the same. It really depends on the team, and how they chose to conduct their interviews. For example, my first interview with Lockheed was really easy-going. I went in really relaxed, got the typical interview questions (e.g., why are you looking to leave your current company, what are your strengths/weaknesses, etc.). I was only interviewed by one person, who was the Deputy Program Manager at the time. It was a small project and team. The second interview I had a few years later was a larger program. I was again interviewed by one person, same types of questions. This time it was the team lead that interviewed me. The interviewer was really looking for a baseline level of competencies, some strengths and a willingness to try and learn new things. Without boring you with all the interviews I've been on since joining (programs come to an end, mobility within the company), I'll share with you the worst. It was a tag team interview. The team was very bright and the work was equally interesting. I had a phone screen first, and shared with them my knowledge and weaknesses. I was then invited to an in-person interview. Every question they asked had nothing to do with anything on my resume, and they were questions that could have been asked on the phone thereby avoiding a waste of everyone's time. So, it really just depends.

Interview Questions
    Don't EVER accept a Lockheed position without negotiating. Lockheed will bring you in for as low as possible. Even if you have a skill or other creds that is hard to come by. Be prepared to defend your reasons for wanting what your asking for. Also be prepared to turn down the position. It could be that you are simply too high for the position you are looking to fill.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN (US)

I applied through other source – interviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2010.

Worked for them before, so already had history and knowledge of processes. Knowledge of project along with experience with hiring personnel. This was the third time at being hired by Lockheed.

Was offered more than asking.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in December 2009.

One interview. Talked to four people, one on one and two on one. Included tech out.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were expected. Tech out and general business knowledge.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in August 2008.

23 minute phone interview, where they asked about my background, and whether I had certain skills. Never visited the facility before I took the offer. The described the organization of the project, but it was so complicated without at a minimum a drawing very hard to visualize. After starting I became aware that they had so much attrition that they were backfilling at an incredible rate and taking pretty much anyone who applied. I have talked with the other fresh hires and they hired many people outside of their skillsets.

Interview Questions
    Did not need to negotiate for much they provided full relocation, and a nice raise. I tried to get a sign on bonus and was unable to swing that, but did get agreement on a raise the next year, when most companies would require you wait for the following year.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in July 2008.

Interview process is lighter than you would find at top high tech firms in the silicon valley. Expect a phone screening and then a day long in person interview where you will be ask to demonstrate coding ability.

Interview Questions
    • They may ask you some physics questions if applying for a job in satellite operations.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a high salary