Lockheed Martin Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

2.7

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied at a university job fair. Had a short informal interview/meeting with the recruiters the next day. Then was contacted a month later for an interview on site in California with the space systems company.

Interview Questions

• I spoke with many other candidates before and after the interviews. Some were asked some very difficult technical questions, such as transforming a transfer function from the frequency to time domain, but most weren't really asked anything. My own interview was so uninvolved that I was sure I was not going to receive an offer. But, I got the offer-- very strange.   Answer Question

The pay offered was very low and non negotiable. $67,000 in Sunnyvale California. They want graduating engineer students from the top of their class at half of what these new engineers can get elsewhere.

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Houston, TX (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a MAES conference in Houston, Texas and was offered an interview on the spot upon him reviewing my resume. At that point, I was put on a waiting list and then taken to the back for an interview. The interview questions consisted mainly of the recruiter asking me about projects and coursework that were on my resume. Apart from that, he asked what particular division I would like to work for if I were offered a job and why. Since I was asked for an interview on the spot, I wasn't prepared and hadn't researched Lockheed Martin prior to the interview so I'm pretty sure that's why I did not advance in the interview process. Some advice: Always research the companies you want to work for in advance just in case a surprise interview comes your way.

Interview Questions

• What division of Lockheed Martin appeals to you most and if a position was offered, what would you choose?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in March 2012.

Interview

Consisted with an interview with Hiring Manager and HR person? Asked fairly typical questions:

-What's your bissest failure?
    -What's your biggest success?
    -What kind of people do you not like to work with?
    -What kind of people do you most like to work with?

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest failure?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in October 2009.

Interview

I interviewed with Lockheed at a campus interview after the career fair. They asked several questions based on behavior. It took half an hour in a room with one interviewer. She asked questions like what is an idea of a success. Also name a time when you had to communicate with someone to fix a problem. It was a basic interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you disagreed with someone on your team and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Littleton, CO (US)) in July 2009.

Interview

The key for me when I got hired was that I have a BS in Engineering from an ABET school and my GPA was above a 3.0. I also had a secret security clearance when I interviewed which helps a great deal. I also had a lot of experience with 3D design software when I came into the company.

Interview Questions

• I would say question and discussions about desired salary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

awful. It was not a pleasant experience and HR got over on me pretty bad. I have yet to recover and I am so far behind my peers in salary that if I stay I will probably never truely catch up. Lesson learned, don't let HR take advantage of you.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Lockheed Martin in March 2009.

Interview

Standard behavioral interview questions. I interviewed with an older gentlemen who seemed rather stern and cold. Surprisingly only took about 20 minutes. Questions that stood out (as far as I can remember) were pretty stale standard ones like tell me about a time when you had to take the lead in a project ... or had to deal with a conflict and how you came about resolving it and what the overall outcome was. I think my mistake may have been that I did not ask enough questions at the end (although I did ask some pretty good ones) so make sure you have not only done research on the company and position but that you have thought of some good, intelligent questions to ask. That's how you sell you interest in the position, because apparently showing up well prepared for the onslaught of questions is not enough, you all know how that goes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to take the lead in a project, and what the outcome was, etc,etc.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about at time when you had to deal with a conflict with someone you were working with, why it came up, how it was dealt with, and what the result was.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owego, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Lockheed Martin (Owego, NY (US)) in March 2008.

Interview

Typical process: HR/ recruiter screen, hiring manager phone interview, in-person interview. Better chance at full-time employment if you use a job fair or co-op as a college student.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions: Leadership, experience,"what would you do in this situation..."   Answer Question

Negotiation

Formal offer from HR/ hiring manager, competitive salary ranges.