Life Time Fitness

Updated 22 Jan, 2015

2.4

Facility Operations Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Life Time Fitness in February 2012.

Received a call they asked me couple of about myself and what I know about the company. Fairly simple nothing to hard. Moving forward from there they wanted to meet me in person so we schedule an interview where I was greeted by my department manager and the GM. Both were very friendly and easy to get along with. Asked me questions about previous job experience and other situational questions and such.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make an important decision and how did come to make that decision   Answer Question

Guest Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Life Time Fitness in January 2012.

Well I applied online and then they called me. This all happened before the location opened. There was then a introduction session where the head of operations, basically, reviewed the job description. The first interview was with the head of operations and then there was a subsequent interview with the general manager. The interview was pretty straightforward and it was important to memorize the vision and mission statement.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you had a frustrated client and what you did to do deal with it?   Answer Question

Kids Activities Team Member Interview

interview process was the most difficult and detail oriented that I had ever been to. Interview first with the kids activities manager then with the building manager. Building manager was very out of the ordinary questions to see overall personality and work ethic. Make sure to be very specific.

Registered Dietitian Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

4 separate interview plus one presentation to personal training staff. Way to long. Was not told how long the process was upfront. Once the general manager wants you, all of the other interviews are pretty much formalization to make sure your not a real F%&$ up.

Interview Questions
    They claim the offer is set and no negotiation is possible.

Member Services Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Life Time Fitness in January 2015.

They called me after i submitted my resume online and then asked me a few questions and invited me for an interview at the office. During the interview they asked me many different customer services questions and told me about what they expected at the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a problem and what you did to resolve it?   Answer Question

Business Administrator Interview

3 interviews and lots of items to memorize. Last interview was 1 hour long with many questions not applicable to the job. Did offer a free membership and PT session and some kind of life time money to spend in club

Interview Questions
    • Describing a customer service issue when applying for a group fitness position. Not applicable to the position applying for.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Sales Department Head Interview

Focus a lot on revenue. Not too long of an interview process. Typically 2 interviews, then you are sent off to training which takes about a week. training is paid for and the company will pay for any travel that requires overnight stay.

Interview Questions
    • What is your 30-60-90 day plan for you and your employees   Answer Question

Corporate Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chanhassen, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chanhassen, MN (US)

Rather laid-back interview process, considering the size of the corporation. Friendly recruiter did a phone interview and asked the expected questions about my experience. Company culture seemed to value fitness and health; the people I saw were attractive and fit. Office seemed like beige cubeland. The only lunch option was the club cafe across the treeless parking lot.

Interview Questions
    • If you were competing in any sort of competition, what sort would you be sure to win?   Answer Question

Lifecafe Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Life Time Fitness in December 2014.

Typical interview asked basic questions about previous experience, availability, and compensation. Was then given scenarios to describe how I'd handle the situation. Was also asked how I maintained a healthy way of life and told them the many ways I personally maintain a healthy way of life; was then told "we were looking for the answer Lifetime maintains the healthy way of life by providing diet, exercise, mental, & spiritual health." I then asked if I was supposed to tell them my personal healthy ways or how the company works. Interviewer responded with, "your answer was not wrong just not the one we were looking for." This came off unprofessional and condescending to me personally. The employers were very arrogant with the way they talked about the company. Did not feel very welcome.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked "How much are you worth?" Was also asked to go up to someone random and just talk to them for 10-15min about anything.   View Answer

Lifeguard Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Had one interview with department head and found out later that week I got the job. Typical interview questions and background check. Started the job within two weeks. Had one internal reference which helps with getting the job placement

Interview Questions
    Didn't have room for negotiation