Life Time Fitness

2.5

Facility Operations Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Life Time Fitness in February 2012.

Received a call they asked me couple of about myself and what I know about the company. Fairly simple nothing to hard. Moving forward from there they wanted to meet me in person so we schedule an interview where I was greeted by my department manager and the GM. Both were very friendly and easy to get along with. Asked me questions about previous job experience and other situational questions and such.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make an important decision and how did come to make that decision   Answer Question

Guest Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Life Time Fitness in January 2012.

Well I applied online and then they called me. This all happened before the location opened. There was then a introduction session where the head of operations, basically, reviewed the job description. The first interview was with the head of operations and then there was a subsequent interview with the general manager. The interview was pretty straightforward and it was important to memorize the vision and mission statement.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you had a frustrated client and what you did to do deal with it?   Answer Question

Bagger Clerk, Jewel Osco Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

From turning in application to getting the interview, it was about 3-8 weeks, the interview was quickly scheduled for the next day after the call. I applied at jewel, and the interview was average. The interview was about 8-12 questions long and mainly talked about why i wanted to work at jewel and the way i would deal with the customers each and everyday. Also asked about my desired work schedule.

Interview Questions
    • How would you greet a customer when they correct your bagging technique   Answer Question

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Life Time Fitness.

the interview process was simple and easy. I simply applied online for the position and followed up twice before receiving a phone call asking me if I was interested in the job. I had my initial interview, which went well, and was asked to memorize the contents of a piece of paper containing the lifetime motto (I have since forgotten).

Facility Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Life Time Fitness.

The interview process had too many steps for this specific job in my opinion. They say that the reason why there are so many steps is to weed out those who do not fully embrace the vision and the mission. However, 90% of the workers do not even care and it shows in their sloppy work.

The first of three parts is to submit your application and you receive a call from the department head to ask a few simple questions and to schedule a time to meet. After that, you meet with him and he gives you the mission and vision which you need to memorize word by word as well as a tour of the facility. The last part of the 3 step interview is to meet with the general manager, recite the mission and vision, and talk with him about why you truly meet the criteria.

They seem to want to only hire people who meet the mission and vision. However, once in, I have seen that my co workers only fake smiles and pretend to be working when the department head or general manager is in front of them.

Janitorial type job but the interview process seems to be better suited for those who are planning on receiving an assistant department head or upper management position, not for an entry level worker.

Didn't negotiate.

Kids Activities Team Member Interview

interview process was the most difficult and detail oriented that I had ever been to. Interview first with the kids activities manager then with the building manager. Building manager was very out of the ordinary questions to see overall personality and work ethic. Make sure to be very specific.

Registered Dietitian Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

4 separate interview plus one presentation to personal training staff. Way to long. Was not told how long the process was upfront. Once the general manager wants you, all of the other interviews are pretty much formalization to make sure your not a real F%&$ up.

Interview Questions
    They claim the offer is set and no negotiation is possible.

Member Services Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Life Time Fitness in January 2015.

They called me after i submitted my resume online and then asked me a few questions and invited me for an interview at the office. During the interview they asked me many different customer services questions and told me about what they expected at the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a problem and what you did to resolve it?   Answer Question

Assistant Department Head of Aquatics Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Life Time Fitness in January 2015.

Honestly I sat through the entire interview and felt like it went really well. Then the aquatics department head says "do you have any questions for me?" And I said "yes, could you give me a play by play of a day in the life of someone in this position" and he replies with "oh, actually we only hire assistant department heads from within so you would have to start as an $8 an hour lifeguard."

So I seriously sat through the entire interview just to find out that they weren't even hiring for the position I was there for. I have seven years of lifeguarding experience in total, four of those being managerial experience. I also have an undergrad degree. You really think I'm interested in interviewing to be an $8 an hour lifeguard. I've been making over that since I was 17 years old. I felt like I was deceived and lied to. BEWARE!

Interview Questions
    • What was a time you showed exceptional customer service?   Answer Question

Business Administrator Interview

3 interviews and lots of items to memorize. Last interview was 1 hour long with many questions not applicable to the job. Did offer a free membership and PT session and some kind of life time money to spend in club

Interview Questions
    • Describing a customer service issue when applying for a group fitness position. Not applicable to the position applying for.   Answer Question
    No negotiation