Life Time Fitness

Updated 6 Dec, 2014

2.4

Facility Operations Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Life Time Fitness in February 2012.

Received a call they asked me couple of about myself and what I know about the company. Fairly simple nothing to hard. Moving forward from there they wanted to meet me in person so we schedule an interview where I was greeted by my department manager and the GM. Both were very friendly and easy to get along with. Asked me questions about previous job experience and other situational questions and such.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make an important decision and how did come to make that decision   Answer Question

Guest Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Life Time Fitness in January 2012.

Well I applied online and then they called me. This all happened before the location opened. There was then a introduction session where the head of operations, basically, reviewed the job description. The first interview was with the head of operations and then there was a subsequent interview with the general manager. The interview was pretty straightforward and it was important to memorize the vision and mission statement.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you had a frustrated client and what you did to do deal with it?   Answer Question

Corporate Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chanhassen, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chanhassen, MN (US)

Rather laid-back interview process, considering the size of the corporation. Friendly recruiter did a phone interview and asked the expected questions about my experience. Company culture seemed to value fitness and health; the people I saw were attractive and fit. Office seemed like beige cubeland. The only lunch option was the club cafe across the treeless parking lot.

Interview Questions
    • If you were competing in any sort of competition, what sort would you be sure to win?   Answer Question

Lifeguard Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Had one interview with department head and found out later that week I got the job. Typical interview questions and background check. Started the job within two weeks. Had one internal reference which helps with getting the job placement

Interview Questions
    Didn't have room for negotiation

Group Fitness Instructor Interview

Typical interview, questions about your experience. I talked about my experience and they let me know which fitness classes were available to teach. I interviewed with the Department head and also the General Manager.

Interview Questions
    • You must know the company's mission statement word for word.   Answer Question

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

Website is tricky and it took me a few times before I could successful submit my application. From interview to first day of work was about 8 weeks (which it turns out, is pretty standard across all departments). Most of the training is online, and in-person training was disorganized at best. There are differences between what H/R thinks needs to happen, what I/T thinks needs to happen, what Recruiting thinks needs to happen, and what in-club management thinks needs to happen.

For example, to take on a role such as manager, an employee has to have access to payroll, recruiting, interoffice email, SMARTwebs, and a few other number-crunching programs. It took about 8 weeks to get me to 2/3 of my access, and even then, some of the upper management was upset that I was given access before attending elaborate "Leadership" training or certification courses.

Needless to say, I was a place marker and a temporary fix for a leaky hull. If you decide to work here, understand that the How To Get Things Done rubric is simply for show and everything moves at grass-growing pace (which drives those of us who are productive and like to get things done a little batty). Best of luck to you.

Interview Questions
    • This place needs a strong candidate with a thick skin. How do you plan to handle conflicts?   Answer Question

Lifeguard Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Life Time Fitness.

I had a phone interview which was super duper duper easy and then I had a group interview with two other peeps and our future boss. That was also super duper duper easy peasy lemon squeezy. Just make sure you brag about yourself and all will be good.

Personal Trainer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Initial interview with PT Manager or Assistant Manager. The second interview is your practical interview. If you can pass the practical interview (train someone and design a program) you'll be good. Understand exercise order and progressions...biggest muscle groups first and end with smaller stability muscles. Learn how to coach squats properly. Don't use therapy/balance exercises for a weight loss client who is otherwise healthy, for example.

Interview Questions
    • business/sales questions and program design/physiology questions   Answer Question
    no negotiation. they tell you what they need and you accept on those terms. no part-time employment. this is an all-in career.

Kids Activities Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Life Time Fitness.

It was pretty easy. They asked how you handle kids and customer service. They called me after submitting my application. I went to an interview the following day to meet with the department head. They then had me meet with the Club Manager.

I didn't negotiate.

Member Services Team Member Interview

I've been on both sides of the interview process, so I know that it can take a long time to get the initial reach out, since they hire on a revolving as-neeeded basis. The clubs I worked at were very picky about the candidates that they contacted, so make sure your application isn't just a churn-and-burn one that you've sent out to a million different places. Research the company, and only apply if you are serious about customer service, not just some summer job that you'll be at for 3 months. Plan to have actual experiences ready for the interview, not just "I would" or "I think" scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for LTF? (Really think about this and answer truthfully!)   Answer Question
    The pay scale has some flexibility, but not much.