Liberty Mutual Insurance

Updated 4 Mar, 2015
Updated 4 Mar, 2015

Actuarial Summer Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

behavior questions, all as expected. new questions asked from your answers

Graduate-level Statistician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Firstly it's only a phone interview. I received an email to choose my interview time from several timeslot. Ask a lot of behavior questions. Seems very interested in your presentation skills. Asked something about your resume also and care about your graduation date. Told me I would get some result within 2 weeks but did not get the result until 3 weeks later.

IT Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

First screening interview was with a Recruiter. This interview was for them to know which area that you want to intern in since the company has a lot of options to offer. Second interview was with an IT Manager, he spent first 15,20 minutes to talked about his department's role in the company, after that he just went through the resume and asked some behavioral question. he didn't really ask any technical questions. I interviewed in the morning and received an offer in the same day.

Process took only 2 weeks. Maybe because I told them I'm also interviewing with other companies.

Interview Questions
    • Did you have any aha moment when working or studying (relating to your major)?
      Tell me about a time when you collaborate with other people and the result of it

Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

The first interview was conducted by someone at their corporate office in the Massachusetts area. The process was basic and simple, asking background questions. The second interview was a face to face with a branch manager, the process was fairly lengthy. First I spoke to one manager for quite sometime, then was handed off to another to discuss a marketing plan I had created during a 15 minute intermission. Overall, the interview took approximately 2 hours.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

The first step is to fill out an application. The next step (if invited), is to complete an online test and questionnaire. The online test is timely. After completing that portion of the interview (if invited), a phone interview is held. I was looking to change careers and was hoping to find a position with a reputable company that respects knowledge, experience, and their employees. The phone interviewer was lacking in professionalism and experience. The interviewer had inadequate listening skills and limited personality. She was stiff, unprofessional, and denoted an inexperienced-young vibe. It felt like I was talking to a 16 year old.

Liability Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Applied online, and was given a phone interview. I was then emailed by an HR rep, and found a time to schedule a phone interview. The interview lasted about 35 minutes, and was pleasant. The overall experience was positive.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions about previous experience, and what-if scenarios.   Answer Question

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2015.

Applied online. Received an email to have a phone interview. A couple of days later received an email inviting me to final round interviews at headquarters in Boston. Interview day was from 8am til 3pm. Two 45 minute one on one behavioral interviews, one 45 minute case interview, and one 45 minute job shadow. The whole process was good, organized and NOT stressful! Behavioral questions were standard about teamwork, problem solving/decision making, and presentation experience. Case was not that bad--you get time to prep your response. Everyone was really nice, was a small group of candidates interviewing that day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to explain complex concepts to a group of people.
      A time when you worked with someone and had differing views of opinion.
      A time when you had a difficult relationship with someone and how you worked to mend it?
      How do you prioritize your time?
      Tell me about a time when you had to make a quick decision in a short amount of time.
      Time you had a difficult/complex problem to solve, how did you go about it?

Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Applied online, Took Pre-Screen aptitude test, phone interview with a recruiter followed by an on site initial interview with a manager, followed immediately by a second interview with a sr manager

FInance Rotation Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

It was long and impersonal with a crowd. Everyone split up with different managers with different preferences, which seemed very ineffective. After the hour long pitch of how great the company was, I had decided it wasn't for me, but felt obligated to stay the day.

Field Management Development Program - Summer Associate Interview

Apply online, which requires you to also take a timed quantitative test. The quant test has 3 topics with a total of 9 questions. They require you to look at a chart of data and answer questions about the data within a certain time period.
    If they're interested, they'll email you with an invitation to conduct a video screening interview over Microsoft Lync.
    The interview takes approximately one hour, mostly asking behavior questions (tell me about a time you...). Some example questions:
    -What made you want to apply for a position at Liberty Mutual?
    -Tell me about a time you had to overcome a disagreement within your team?
    -Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?
    After the video screening interview, you should here back within 1-2 weeks about a follow-up interview to be conducted in person at their Boston office.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you gave a peer some bad information and how you resolved the situation.   Answer Question