Liberty Mutual Insurance

Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions

Updated 14 Dec, 2014
Updated 14 Dec, 2014

Actuarial Summer Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

behavior questions, all as expected. new questions asked from your answers

Billing Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

The process took about two months. Two rounds of in-person interviews. The managers I met with were all very nice and I felt comfortable interviewing with them. The recruiter was really good with communicating with me and keeping me up to date. Overall, I feel really good about the experience and I'm very happy with the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to make a change something to make something better.   Answer Question
    I didn't feel the need to negotiate. I was happy and grateful to receive an offer and was thrilled with the offer.

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Typical hr phone screening, testing, and scenario questioning. If you've interviewed with other organizations, it's usually a step by step process to different levels of personnel to speak with to see if you're the right fit for the culture.

Analyst Development Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

I applied online and heard from the a campus recruiter in 2 weeks. The recruiter scheduled a phone screen with me first and the conversation was very lighthearted and pleasant. It was mostly behavorial questions asking about my background and analytical skills, nothing too difficult or unexpected. At the end of the phone call I received an invite to a face-to-face interview at the Seattle headquarter, which is scheduled for 2 weeks out.

The face-to-face interview lasted from 8am-2pm, which conisisted of a half-hour introduction, two 30-minute behavorial interviews, one case interview, and a group lunch with other candidates that were interviewing on the same day. There were no group interviews, and behavorial interviews were similar to the phone interview and asked for more detailed examples of analytical skills, leadership skills, most challenging tasks etc. The case interview had 3 parts and is related to the insurance industry, and you do the math in front of the interviewer. He/she would watch you solve the problem and correct you if you are too far off. Overall, they want to see how you think about the problem more than whether you get the right answer. I made minor mistakes along the way and the interviewer was very patient in correcting me. The math was of average difficulty, just basic algebra. There were some strategic questions about the case as well. They also check for presentation skills.

I received an offer the same afternoon. The process was very smooth and I was impressed by their overall efficiency.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to come up wth an innovative idea   Answer Question
    I am still interviewing with other companies at this point and haven't made a final decision on whether to accept the offer, but the pay is reasonable and is around industry average.

Information Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

The process started off when an on campus interview with a HR representative. After the first round, it took maybe two weeks and was followed by an interview with a manager in the department that I wanted to work in. Overall, everyone was very down to earth and asked three behavioral, went over the resume, and tried to figure out what I wanted to do.

Interview Questions
    • The behavioral based questions were not too difficult but I got caught up on one. What is your most innovative idea?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in December 2014.

Interview and hiring process was thorough and transparent. There were two telephone interviews and one in person interview. The second telephone interview was an hour and consisted of a deep dive into technical PM skills.

Interview Questions
    • What was the best constructive criticism you have received and how did you apply it?   Answer Question
    Contract to Hire after six months.

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

There was an online assessment and phone screen. The online assessment took about forty-five minutes to complete. After the assessment and application was completed, I received a phone call from the talent acquisition manager. The phone interview was unprofessional and unclear. She asked a few questions and did not indicate this was the formal interview. I was unimpressed after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in another opening we have?   View Answer

Product Management Interview

Had a phone interview and was followed up with a final round in office on Valentine's Day. Had 2 one-on-one behavioral interviews and a 45-minute job shadow. The day ended with a business case, which was pretty difficult. It is a fairly high pressure environment with the case.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

The hiring process can be difficult. There are typically two or three supervisors who each take turns asking you a series of separate questions. Each question is asked in order to receive a very specific and direct answer relating to your actual experience.

Interview Questions
    • None of them are "hard necessarily". You just have to have a good understanding of who you are and where you come from in terms of past employment or career aspirations.   Answer Question

Commercial Insurance Interview

Contacted for phone screening, went really well. No interview yet. Been 3 weeks. Not holding my breath for a call. Recruiter estimated the whole process can take as little as one week.