Liberty Mutual Insurance

Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions

Updated 24 Nov, 2014
Updated 24 Nov, 2014

Actuarial Summer Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

behavior questions, all as expected. new questions asked from your answers

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

The hiring process can be difficult. There are typically two or three supervisors who each take turns asking you a series of separate questions. Each question is asked in order to receive a very specific and direct answer relating to your actual experience.

Interview Questions
    • None of them are "hard necessarily". You just have to have a good understanding of who you are and where you come from in terms of past employment or career aspirations.   Answer Question

IT Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

I applied through my college.

1st round interview: Behavioral
    Interviewer went through my resume and then talked about himself and asked questions about me.

2nd round interview: Behavioral
    I talked with the project manager for the IT division and was asked about stuff on my resume once again.

Interview process was easy and they were very friendly.

Interview Questions

It was an IT position not software development.

Bodily Injury Claim Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

I actually went to the open house for claim positions where they actually did on the spot meet & greets with team managers. A few days after applying I received an email grom the recruiter for a face to face interview that following week. Most people get phone interviews but having been to the open house was a substitute for the phone interview. The 1st interview was about 45 mins and was a series of scenario questions. They are looking for a specific instance for each scenario and expect pretty in depth answers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deliver bad news. How did you handle it and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle conflict with a peer in the workplace?   Answer Question
    • Why are you leaving your current employer? How long would it take for you to make a contribution to Liberty Mutual?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They asked what salary I was comfortable with and gave me just that. The salary is extremely fair with benefits, bonuses, and advancement opportunities.

Commercial Insurance Interview

Contacted for phone screening, went really well. No interview yet. Been 3 weeks. Not holding my breath for a call. Recruiter estimated the whole process can take as little as one week.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Relatively straightforward process, went through my school, sat down with recruiter on campus to talk about the position. Asked about my classes related to the job, any previous experiences I'd had, interested in the analytical work i did the summer before with Excel.

Interview Questions
    • They were very interested in analytical software and previous experience with that.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Applied online with a referral. Got an email to schedule a phone interview. Was told it would be 45-mins to and hour but only lasted about 15 minutes. It felt the recruiter was trying to sell me on the job more than I was trying to sell her on me. Very basic questions about my background, no curve balls. She said she'll set up me with an area manager for an in person interview.

In person interview was supposed to be long but only lasted 20 minutes (I may have bombed it) the manager was reading generic questions from a form and writing down my answers as I spoke. An example of the a questions was "What was a time you had to resolve a problem with a customer?, What were the action steps you took to overcome this problem? What was the outcome?" It was a very "worksheet format"'interview

Interview Questions
    • She asked if I had any questions for her and seemed disappointed I didn't.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Had about a 30 min interview asking basic interview questions. After the interview a personality test was given, sat down to shadow a representative and interviewed with the district manager before being offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you helped another employ and why did you do it?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2014.

The normal procedure is: online screening by recruiter including personality assessment, initial interview, follow-up interview. I met a recruiter at a job fair and received a 1st. interview about two weeks later by the hiring manager before my online assessment was completed.

The interview questions were not difficult, mostly scenario questions like "Tell me how you would go about finding new sales prospects" or "Explain how you handled a situation where there was a communication break-down with a customer".

The job entails spending about 60% of the time prospecting, which entails cold calling and making online presentations to existing Affinity Group customers. In the first year of sales, the goal is to obtain as many referral sources as possible (ie, loan officers, realtors, etc...). The prospecting goal is to hit 15 quotes per week and writing 200-300 new policies per year. Evening work (2-3 nights per week) is required to follow-up with leads made during the day.

Liberty Mutual starts new reps. out in training first with a base salary and as commissions are made the base salary is reduced until compensation is 100% commission. First year goal is 60-70k and it was suggested even someone making 50k could be fired their first year. Renewal policies are paid a residual.

Even though I did not receive further consideration, Liberty Mutual staff were very professional and interested in finding the right person for the position.

IT Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2014.

Originally I applied through college. They scheduled an on campus interview with hr for 45 min about 1-2 weeks later. They asked behavioral questions and about my resume. I then received a reply for a second interview about 1.5 weeks later saying that they wanted a hiring manager to talk to me. This interview was also very behavioral in nature and there were no technical questions, but lets be real, those are the best interviews. This interview was intended to be 1 hour, but to my surprised was very quick and we finished around 35 minutes. I originally thought I did something wrong and it was cut short, but I got an offer 1 week later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe for me how you conducted tests for your previous project.   Answer Question