LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Getting the Interview

82 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional.

Interview Details The interview process was pretty standard for this type of position. I applied online and got a call to schedule a phone interview within a few weeks. Phone interview was conducted by the HR person and they asked standard HR questions such as "tell me about a time when you assisted another colleauge" etc. They also asked basic questions such as what salary I wanted and when I would be available to start.

The next step was a face to face interview with the direct manager and it was very informal with no unexpected questions. The only thing that was a bit of a flag is there was not a lot of detail provided about the actual duties and expectations of the position.

The final step was a 10 minute case study presentation in front of the manager and director. They only gave 24 hours to do the presentation and not a lot of detail was provided. It was basically 2 lines of instructions with a small budget. The case study didn't seem to match the job description. As a coordinator you would normally be expected to implement a program once managers have determined strategy, but for the case study they wanted you to develop a strategy.

The most frustrating thing was after going through a lot of effort to prepare the case study they did not follow up at all, even though a week later I emailed the HR person and when I didn't hear back after another week I called. The HR person said they were still deciding and she would call once a final decision had been made which she said would be by the end of the week. Another few weeks passed and no word.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, but the case study did not match the job description.   Answer Question

Legislative Database Analyst Interview

Sacramento, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in March 2014.

Interview Details STAR Method of interview. Tests for behavioral aptitude in given situations from past experiences.

Interview Question – What moment do you regret most with a previous coworker?   Answer Question

Process Improvement Manager Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional.

Interview Details Interview process was predictable. Interviewers were reasonable and asked relevant questions.

Client Manager Interview

Kansas City, MO (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in April 2013.

Interview Details First contact was a phone call to set up a phone screen. After the phone screen there was a couple week wait and then a call for a face-to-face. Just prior to this meeting was another call from the company helping to explain how the details of the interview. After the face-to-face interview, and being told I was being moved on to the next phase, there was silence for two weeks until the scheduler finally returned my messages ans explained that another candidate had been hired.

Interview Question – A presentation was part of the interview process and although I was allowed to present on my current career, I work in a niche industry. I am not sure the interviewer completely understood what I did for a living and how it related   Answer Question

Online Editor Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in August 2010.

Interview Details Applied as per the instructions in the job advert on the company website. A few weeks later got a call from their HR asking me to attend an interview at the company's headquarters. I didn't know in advance who would be interviewing me. In the end it was three people - the managing editors from two different teams (they weren't sure which team I'd be better suitable for based on my previous experience) and their manager, the publisher. The interview lasted about an hour, the interviewers were friendly and gave me an opportunity to ask questions. They told me they were doing other interviews and would get back to me soon. Two weeks later I received a letter from HR with a job offer, which I accepted and was able to start the new job 5 days later.

Interview Question – It was the first job I got after a career change so the most difficult question in the interview was trying to apply my previous experience to the new job description. But they weren't too hard on me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No opportunity to negotiate

Document Review Interview

San Juan, PR (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in May 2013.

Interview Details Initial phone interview. Not enough details on Job to be performed. Yet, very professional. During an interview I like to be informed of the duties and tasks to be performed. Also any other clerical or administrative duties has to be informed. This in order to make an adequate desicion and to compare salary vs those duties. This way, I can make a better decision.

Interview Question – Salary Requirement   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Raleigh, NC (US)

Interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Interview Details Had 4 rounds of interview.Interviewers were very cordial.The questions were not very tough.The whole process took 4-5 weeks.

Interview Question – None.Mostly on OOPS concepts.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offer not very attractive.

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional.

Interview Details They will have you interview with the director of the department and possibly the VP.They will call you in a couple of times and give you a tour if there is a strong chance they are going to hire you.

Interview Question – Always be prepared for the "Tell me about a time when"?...   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Territory Manager
New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in August 2010.

Interview Details Interviewed with 3 different people - phone interview, regional manager, and VP.

Interview Question – Nothing really typical or unexpected - the VP was slightly rude on purpose to see how I would react.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Unknown (Bangladesh)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in August 2010.

Interview Details Contacted by recruiter; initial phone interview; interview one on one with Regional Manager. Last interview as with Regional Manager and Vice President of Sales. Typical interview.

Interview Question – Don't Remember-nothing difficult at all. The recruiter was top notch and was well prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate. I took the offer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Worked for LexisNexis Legal & Professional? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LexisNexis Legal & Professional interview questions and advice. All 82 interview reviews are posted anonymously by LexisNexis Legal & Professional employees and interview candidates.