LexisNexis Legal & Professional

92 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional.

Interview Details The interview process was pretty standard for this type of position. I applied online and got a call to schedule a phone interview within a few weeks. Phone interview was conducted by the HR person and they asked standard HR questions such as "tell me about a time when you assisted another colleauge" etc. They also asked basic questions such as what salary I wanted and when I would be available to start.

The next step was a face to face interview with the direct manager and it was very informal with no unexpected questions. The only thing that was a bit of a flag is there was not a lot of detail provided about the actual duties and expectations of the position.

The final step was a 10 minute case study presentation in front of the manager and director. They only gave 24 hours to do the presentation and not a lot of detail was provided. It was basically 2 lines of instructions with a small budget. The case study didn't seem to match the job description. As a coordinator you would normally be expected to implement a program once managers have determined strategy, but for the case study they wanted you to develop a strategy.

The most frustrating thing was after going through a lot of effort to prepare the case study they did not follow up at all, even though a week later I emailed the HR person and when I didn't hear back after another week I called. The HR person said they were still deciding and she would call once a final decision had been made which she said would be by the end of the week. Another few weeks passed and no word.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, but the case study did not match the job description.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Legal Research Analyst Interview

Legal Research Analyst
Dayton, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in July 2014.

Interview Details It took a month and a half from the initial application via their application system to being contacted by a recruiter. Initially, we set a date for a phone interview, but the recruiter canceled it with less than one hour before the interview VIA EMAIL and not by phone. This caught me off guard as I specifically took a day off of work to accommodate the interview appointment. This is also unacceptable given the short notice period and the lack of courtesy to notify me by phone as I am not always tied to my computer. We made subsequent attempts at re-scheduling the phone interview, but the recruiter flatly stated that she rather attends softball practices than to interview me for 15 minutes over the phone and was unwilling to fit me into her schedule. Because I already took a day off for this, I could not take more days off just to have further cancellations, as such I could only conduct interview at or after 5PM, which in many corporations are still considered within business hours. When I contacted her supervisor to lodge a complaint, I received a nice and professional response from him. Thereafter, she lied and called me during a time she proposed earlier at 3PM, a time which I stated clearly I would not be available due to my current employment. This is clear to me that it was her last attempt to show her "effort" to her supervisor at scheduling my interview. It's a "CYA" move at best. No further contact was made about the position even though I wrote her and tried to make nice by characterizing her call as "mis-communication". I am disappointed that such a reputable company would allow a recruiter to treat a job seeker this way since a lot of job seekers who are employed cannot just drop their work to answer phone calls. The fact that I already used a vacation day to accommodate her but she canceled with less than an hour to the interview time should speak volume about how you will be treated once hired. I went from being very excited to be given a phone interview to highly disappointed and irritated by the irresponsible behavior and lack of courtesy of LexisNexis.

Interview Question – To be sure that the talent recruiter will keep the interview time with you.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
New Providence, NJ (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in January 2011.

Interview Details I was already working for the company for five years, so the hire was more of an internal transfer. I had a total of three interviews, one with the VP of our division, one with the Director of CX, and one with the hiring manager who was VP of Product. The most of the questions were related to my background and experience.

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Durban (South Africa)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in September 2012.

Interview Details The hiring agency was very good and professional and arranged everything very well. An initial lengthy test started the process. It was quite difficult to do because it was an extremely noisy environment at the time, so the maths questions were more difficult than they should have been because of the shouting in the office which housed the test booths. The actual interview was arranged by the agency. I was made to wait a while before the interview which started a bit late. Questions were fair. The second interview was with one of the managers. I personally felt that he lacked focus during the interview, or was distracted. He was very charming but I didn't think that he was sincere. I was then left hanging afterwards with no decision, although they'd given the agency the impression that they were keen. It all then dwindled away with the vague "they aren't quite sure what they are looking for" and no actual feedback. Most unprofessional.

Interview Question – Why shouldn't I hire you?   Answer Question

User Experience Engineer/UI Designer Interview

User Experience Engineer/UI Designer
Alpharetta, GA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in May 2013.

Interview Details I had several phone interviews with different dev teams at this great company in months prior to this opportunity. As soon as they recieved my resume from the contracting agency they called me in immediately for a 1-on1 interview. The entire process took about a week, from submitting my resume, to the interview, and the offer.

Interview Question – I wouldn't say the interview was difficult, but because the position required advanced UI Design knowledge and experience, you would need to be on top of your game to even hold a conversation with these folks. So from my perspective I wasn't thrown any difficult questions in the interview as my portfolio and previous dev experience speak for themselves. We discussed my portfolio, prior work experiences, websites I've built and designed, and then we looked at some internal applications and discussed what my approach toward updating the UI would be.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Contract position, initially for 3 months which "could be" extended after that. Generous benefit package (through contracting agency). My contract was extended several times for total engagement of 13 months on site.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Dayton, OH (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied through a recruiter, and received a request for an interview within a few days. Initially was a telephone interview and then followed up with an in-person interview with the team a few days later. Upon arrival I met with the team in a conference room with a projector screen, then we went over some previous projects I've worked on as well as some source code. Most of the process was going over a little bit of 'code review' as well as a conversation regarding their project and current challenges. At the end of the interview I felt confident that I would be resourceful to the team.

Interview Question – I suppose some would find being questioned by a group of people difficult. However I found it exhilarating.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Interview Details After a phone screen I finally landed an in-person interview. It was very awkward from the beginning. The hiring manger sent a calendar invite with the location of "My Office." Sure, "My Office" might be recognized by his browser and log in credentials, but nobody else's (remember that this is an IT manager). After emailing for clarification, he didn't reply until five minutes before the scheduled interview. Luckily I had found the headquarters but still didn't know which building, etc. He replied "When you enter the campus there are two buildings on your left. Go to the entrance." This still didn't clarify whether one of the two buildings on the left or the main building. I managed to enter the main building, although it wasn't the one he was trying to tell me, he found me nonetheless. The people were friendly, didn't notice anything cult-like. Pretty standard interview despite being interrupted by someone attempting to deliver an ergonomic chair. I elaborated on my experiences with x, y and z appropriately. The very next day I received a rejection email. Next please.

Interview Question – Any experience with functional programming languages?   View Answer

Account Executive Law Schools Interview

Account Executive Law Schools

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional.

Interview Details 4 telephone interviews (with hiring manager, HR department and current Account Executives) and 1 web-based presentation interview. All were very friendly and helpful. Seemed legitimately concerned about whether this position for a fit for me, as well as me being a fit for the company.

Interview Question – Fairly expected questions. Lots of focus on the "independent"/solitary nature of the home-based position.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Territory Manager
Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional in October 2010.

Interview Details A list of questions was used. The second interview was more informal. Both went smoothly. The interview process is very professional. Be prepared! Do your research on the company and the position you are interviewing for. Call 4-6 law firms and get their feedback. On boarding was easy. Training takes up most of the first 3-5 months. Be prepared to work long hours.

Interview Question – Asked for a 30-60-90 plan.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a sales job. No real negotiation. For the sales position, you have a salary the first year.

Very Easy Interview

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at LexisNexis Legal & Professional.

Interview Details Had phone interviews with a manager and a VP, then was hired. No in person interview. They were standard behavioral interviews. The second interview there was some confusion on date/time, but we resolved it pretty quickly. It was a very simple, unthreatening process. Although, I wouldn't say the job responsibilities were adequately described in the interview.

Interview Question – It was really a pretty simple process. I articulate my strengths and weaknesses, went throught job history and experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't need to negotiate. The salary and bonus offered was fair and a solid increase over my previous salary.

Worked for LexisNexis Legal & Professional? Contribute to the Community!