Larsen & Toubro Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview Questions & Reviews

19 interviews

3.4

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warangal (India)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warangal (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in June 2010.

It was a campus Placement. Usual process- Shortlist based on a written test, folllowed by a GD and then a final interview. Questions were around engineerin basics, about goals, aspirations, and communication skills

No Negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Larsen & Toubro

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in July 2010.

Most of the questions are pertaining to mechanical engineering background. There was bond of 2 years from the date of joining. The interviewer was keen on testing the domain knowledge of the candidate than communication skill. The process was condcated on campus which contains two rounds. First being aptitude test and second one is one on one personal interview.

Interview Questions
    • The question regarding manufacturing of ball bearings.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calicut, Kerala (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calicut, Kerala (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in November 2012.

Initially there was an aptitude test following a preliminary screening based on CGPAs and other criteria specified. Following selection in the test there was a single Technical-cum-HR interview. The interview was nearly 45 mins long in my case and was nearly 90% technical.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions were asked on Geotechnical which I found rather difficult.   Answer Question

it was goog
    friendly environment
    not too much tiring
    employer friendly

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Delhi (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in October 2013.

I had got a call from LnT office Delhi after my written had cleared during on campus tests. Their procedure took a long time as their interview call was delayed. Upon reaching thier office, we were surprised to know that they didnt have seats available for Chemical Engineers.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected Question was - What is your branch?
      I mean, we have come for interview after your call and you dont even know our branch? *surprised*
        Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in November 2013.

1st round- Aptitude(60 questions and verbals included)
    2nd round- Technical interview.

Interview Questions
    • Technical can be tough at times. One of the most difficult questions for me was the stress distribution pattern for sheet piles.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

L&T conducted an Aptitude test which had three sections, namely, Quantitative, Analytical and Verbal section each section having 25 questions and 20 minutes were alloted per section. It had sectional cut-offs. After clearing the aptitude test, there was one interview round. It was blend of HR and Technical interview. The questions were related to the topics studied in the second and third year of Engineering. The interviewers focused more on the practical aspect of any concept.

Interview Questions
    • I did not find any question difficult because I answered all of the questions accurately.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

Involves a writing exam initially, generally conducted in-campus and comprises many colleges together. The next step follows an HR interview where general information are asked. The technical interview follows it where a rigorous interview is done depending upon the stream of the job application.

Interview Questions
    • How the previous learning of internships have affected the mental thinking and skills of a person?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

Pre-placement talk including a presentation explaining the different businesses of the company and expectations from engineers. This was followed by an aptitude test. Shortlisted students were interviewed by a panel of 2 members. The technical interview focused on basic engineering principles and theories.

Interview Questions
    • Future career plans, they were a bit critical when i told them that I intended to study further.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

round 1 - written test(objective type) - 40 mechanical students shortlisted out of 90-95..
    written test consists of quantitative aptitude, logical reasoning and verbal ability....just like CAT, but level was easy compared to CAT.

round 2- interview(mainly technical) - question asked from your favorite subject..especially strength of materials, machine design etc. Question from summer training as well.

Interview Questions
    • Using your all strength of material knowledge, design a crane of 100 T capacity.   Answer Question

Worked for Larsen & Toubro? Contribute to the Community!