Larsen & Toubro Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview Questions

Updated 25 Sep, 2014

3.3

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nāgpur, Maharashtra (India)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nāgpur, Maharashtra (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in September 2014.

Students having a CGPA above 6 were eligible for Technical & Aptitude tests of 30 minutes and 1 hour respectively. Both tests had a cumulative cut-off score. The aptitude test had 3 sections viz verbal ability, analytical ability & numerical ability and each section had its own individual cut-off so you had to show your competency in all the sections.

Shortlisted students were then called for a GD. It consisted of very general topics, and the main purpose of the GD was to check your communication skills. No student was eliminated in the GD.

The GD was followed by a technical+HR interview of about 45-60 minutes in which basic technical questions related to your favorite subjects were asked. The only question asked of HR was whether we had any location constraints.

Interview Questions
  • Basic technical questions related to your favorite subjects were asked. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Larsen & Toubro

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in August 2014.

It was a pretty easy selection procedure.
    First round being Online test comprising of APTI (60 in 60min ), second round was english(50 in 21min). I cleared the round quite easily.
    Then it was the PI where questions from project and technical background were asked.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jamshedpur (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamshedpur (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in August 2014.

The first round is a online test round comprising of technical and aptitude questions. The students selected for interview are required to prepare for a full technical interview which will comprise all the questions related to their branch of engineering. Also only the top ten to twenty students are eligible for the online test for their branch respectively.

Interview Questions
    • The difficult questions were to tell about the new advanced technologies in detail.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

The first stage was a written test, including verbal, aptitude and quantitative ability. Only the top 30 eligible students from each branch were allowed for this. Out of which 20 were selected for the PI round. The panel consisted of two persons, one HR and one from Technical background. Several rounds both HR and Technical questioning was done. But the simplicity and friendlyness of the panel was very comforting. They stress more on one's ability to work in any place across India.

Interview Questions
    It was a campus placement, so there was not much of negotiation.

it was goog
    friendly environment
    not too much tiring
    employer friendly

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in November 2013.

1st round- Aptitude(60 questions and verbals included)
    2nd round- Technical interview.

Interview Questions
    • Technical can be tough at times. One of the most difficult questions for me was the stress distribution pattern for sheet piles.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

L&T conducted an Aptitude test which had three sections, namely, Quantitative, Analytical and Verbal section each section having 25 questions and 20 minutes were alloted per section. It had sectional cut-offs. After clearing the aptitude test, there was one interview round. It was blend of HR and Technical interview. The questions were related to the topics studied in the second and third year of Engineering. The interviewers focused more on the practical aspect of any concept.

Interview Questions
    • I did not find any question difficult because I answered all of the questions accurately.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in October 2013.

I had got a call from LnT office Delhi after my written had cleared during on campus tests. Their procedure took a long time as their interview call was delayed. Upon reaching thier office, we were surprised to know that they didnt have seats available for Chemical Engineers.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected Question was - What is your branch?
      I mean, we have come for interview after your call and you dont even know our branch? *surprised*
        Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

Involves a writing exam initially, generally conducted in-campus and comprises many colleges together. The next step follows an HR interview where general information are asked. The technical interview follows it where a rigorous interview is done depending upon the stream of the job application.

Interview Questions
    • How the previous learning of internships have affected the mental thinking and skills of a person?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

Pre-placement talk including a presentation explaining the different businesses of the company and expectations from engineers. This was followed by an aptitude test. Shortlisted students were interviewed by a panel of 2 members. The technical interview focused on basic engineering principles and theories.

Interview Questions
    • Future career plans, they were a bit critical when i told them that I intended to study further.   Answer Question

Worked for Larsen & Toubro? Contribute to the Community!