Labor Ready Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr, 2015

1.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Labor Ready in August 2011.

Interview

I initially met with the branch manager for an interview and was then contacted by the HR department for a second interview. The manager let me know very shortly I was accepted for the position and would need to submit my paperwork for backcheck and credential checks. This process took over a month

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation, standard starting wage and doesn't increase much

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Labor Ready.

Interview

I had both a phone interview and interview in person. The basis of the job seemed easy, provide minimal skilled employees to companies looking for low cost labor. The branch manager was friendly, but I feel she was under qualified for the position she held. The rest of the staff was helpful, but the position was never full explained in the interview or hiring process.

Interview Questions

• The job was all about providing a service to other companies, so the most difficult part of the interview was a cold call process about how to sell labor.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made an offer, I countered, we agreed in the middle.

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Labor Ready.

Interview

The hiring process was good. I started as a Customer Service Rep. from a previous Branch in Alexandria, Va. and worked my way up to Branch Manager. The interview went well. Always remember to be polite and honest. The Branch Manager that interviewed me at the time was very professional, very polite.

Employee (Temporary Work) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Interview

Before going to the branch location, I spoke to someone from the Labor Ready call center and was told that this initial visit would take 1.5-2 hours, which I think ended up being right. When I went in, I was given a long behavioral survey to answer. I read some of their labor-related safety policies and answered questions about them.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember any of the more difficult questions, but one of the questions that surprised me was something along the lines of, "Do you think it's alright to physically fight at work?"   Answer Question

Temporary Associate Interview

Interview

Just fill out paper work and answer questions on right and wrongs on a job. The packet is easy but thick so it will take about 30 mins to an hour depending on your academia. Once they process your paper work, which takes about 2 to 3 business days, then you'll be eligible to sign up for the jobs they have each morning.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever commit a crime or are you using drugs?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Labor Ready.

Interview

easy, no trick questions. I had to ask if they drug tested. It appears to not matter to them. Two in person interviews. One with branch manager and one with district manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was told that I would be canvassing for new business and receive commissions. That never happened. I asked a coworker about pay increases after the probationary period, she just laughed!

General Labor Interview

Interview

Simple interview questions sheet. Asked about drug use extensively, in different formats. For example, one question asked if you've ever used drugs. The answers were yes, no, and none other than marijuana.

Interview Questions

• are you willing to give rides to job sites to other employees.   1 Answer

Skilled Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Labor Ready (Ocala, FL (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

not competent, did not use resume as guideline for interview, they had a negative demeanor in total left bad taste in my mouth. there is no prospect for advancement if the interview is a guideline for the future.

General Labor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI (US)

Application

interviewed at Labor Ready (Appleton, WI (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Takes forever to apply. Took me nearly 2 hours to fill out their applications and surveys and watch a DVD. Then I still had to come in for an interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Labor Ready.

Interview

The interview process isn't anything difficult, once you have been contacted by a recruiter.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company to help the success.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, accepted the job offer.