Labor Ready

31 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Labor Ready in August 2011.

Interview Details I initially met with the branch manager for an interview and was then contacted by the HR department for a second interview. The manager let me know very shortly I was accepted for the position and would need to submit my paperwork for backcheck and credential checks. This process took over a month

Interview Question – Tell me why you want to work in customer service?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, standard starting wage and doesn't increase much

Temp Worker/Not Work to Hire Interview

Temp Worker/Not Work to Hire
Columbus, OH (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Labor Ready in October 2011.

Interview Details Call and find out when the location is accepting applications (usually around 9 AM. Makes sure to bring all the usual information: valid state ID and Social Security card You will be given what I describe as an honesty test which is entered into a really old hand held device. Navigation for most people is very difficult. It asks questions like "If you saw another employee using drugs on the job, would you tell a supervisor? Supposedly these questions determine a person's eligibility to work the many retail assignment.

Interview Question – What kind of work do you do. If you want to work, it pays to be a "jack of all trades".   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a take it or leave it. Rarely are you offered more than minimum wage, but there are exceptions to that rule. You may be offered slightly more. I noticed that dispatchers rarely reference you actual work experience before sending you out. You may have great experience in certain cases and be skipped over

General Labor Interview

General Labor

Interviewed at Labor Ready

Interview Details Simple interview questions sheet. Asked about drug use extensively, in different formats. For example, one question asked if you've ever used drugs. The answers were yes, no, and none other than marijuana.

Interview Question – are you willing to give rides to job sites to other employees.   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Labor Ready in May 2012.

Interview Details Hiring process took three months. three phone interviews and one in person then one ride along with another manager. offices were dirty and management was shady always saying one thing and doing another.

Interview Question – I did not find any of the questions difficult but I was surprised when the bonus structure was explained and didn't add up.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Management would not keep their word, they would tell you what you wanted to hear then your job turned into 24/7 on call positions. Always getting yelled at for others mistakes and written up when upper management got a call.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Akron, OH (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Labor Ready in September 2010.

Interview Details Was very easy and laid back as a conversation based interview questions were direct and very informational about my previous job experience and how to handle difficult situations and how I would handle them.

Interview Question – If I could be strict and stern with temporary workers   View Answer

General Laborer Interview

General Laborer
Manchester, NH (US)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Labor Ready in June 2013.

Interview Details Walk in, fill out some paperwork and they hire you. Simple as that.

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one. They told you from the start that they only pay $7.25 for most of their jobs.

General Labor Interview

General Labor
Appleton, WI (US)

I interviewed at Labor Ready in April 2014.

Interview Details Takes forever to apply. Took me nearly 2 hours to fill out their applications and surveys and watch a DVD. Then I still had to come in for an interview.

Dishwasher, Labor, Scrap Yard Worker Interview

Dishwasher, Labor, Scrap Yard Worker
Concord, NH (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Labor Ready in February 2013.

Interview Details Had to take an assment test and needed to get the anwsers right.then have an interview with one of the job cordinators.I had to show up every morning to see if there was any work. If there were any jobs they would asssign them to the employs that showed up. now they have a work alert ststem via text messaging.

Interview Question – Are you willing to shovel snow?   View Answer

Day Laborer Interview

Day Laborer
Novi, MI (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Labor Ready in February 2012.

Interview Details The interview was after a long boring test, that could not have any connections with any of the jobs I received which were almost none. The interviewer most likely had no experience in hiring personnel because there basis on hiring were mainly based on the drug test you took before the test.

Interview Question – None their question were common knowledge questions... You could past them if you were a street smart 10 year old...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing I just went into where ever they sent me and worked.

General Laborer Interview

General Laborer
Upland, Chester, PA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Labor Ready in October 2012.

Interview Details Walk-in Interview and hiring process on the spot. Take a Q&A Survey about yourself that determines your hiring or not.

Interview Question – I did not really face either type questions   Answer Question

Worked for Labor Ready? Contribute to the Community!