LA Quinta

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director of Sales Interview

Director of Sales
New Orleans, LA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at LA Quinta in October 2011.

Interview Details Interview process started with a phone interview with a recruiter. Next step was another phone interview with the regional sales director. Next was in-erson interview on property with GM and AGM. Next interview took place in Dallas with VP of Sales.

Interview Question – None that I can think of...pretty typical questions. I did have concerns about how they expected me to run my sales week and the lack of help with paperwork and on-property things. When I would bring up these concerns, I heard over and over "you book it, and operations cooks it" That did not happen. You book it and operations blames you when they drop the ball.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary was fair and no negotiation was needed, other than approval for a already-scheduled vacation.

FDSR Interview

Tampa, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at LA Quinta in November 2013.

Interview Details They pulled my resume off of Monster.com and called me in for an Interview the following day. I interviewed with the GM.

Interview Question – We basically discussed my availability. Why La Quinta? Tell me about yourself? What did you like about your old job? What is one thing your former employer would say you had to work on?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The GM was not trying to negotiate at all.

Front Desk Service Representative Interview

Front Desk Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at LA Quinta.

Interview Details Applied online. Had interview with General manager and then assistant general manager

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Front Desk Service Representative Interview

Front Desk Service Representative
Garden City, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at LA Quinta in October 2009.

Interview Details There are usually 1 or 2 interviews before being hired. But you will not be hired if you don't pass the personality assessment test, whether they like you during the interview or not.

Interview Question – they give you scenarios to conclude what you would do in different situations.   Answer Question

Housekeeping Interview

Pinellas Park, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at LA Quinta in July 2013.

Interview Details I arrived early, the general manager interviewing me arrived late. He started by asking about my college education, which I thought was a little strange and irrelevant for a simple housekeeping position. Asked general questions that I'm pretty sure he was just reading off a page in front of him. Why do I want to work there? Who was my favorite past boss and why? What would I do if I saw someone clocking in for someone else? What would I do if asked to stay and work off the clock? Did I have any questions? Pretty basic stuff, easy enough interview process. I asked about the business culture and what a typical day would be like. He spoke about what I would be doing and told me about benefits I'd receive. This was a Wednesday and he said he'd make a decision by Friday and call, but also gave me his card and told me to call him on Friday. I sent him a thank you note and called on Friday as I was instructed after I didn't hear anything. He didn't answer so I left a message. I never heard anything back which honestly surprised me because I thought it went very well and I thought I did everything right. The manager interviewing me seemed like he'd be a decent boss and the few other employees I interacted with were nice and seemed content with working there.

Interview Question – What would I do if asked to stay and work off the clock?   View Answer

Assistant General Manager Interview

Assistant General Manager

Interviewed at LA Quinta

Interview Details I applied on line, the next day I received a call to set up the interview, I was so excited.
I scheduled the interview by phone, I thought interview went very well. I took the on line screening. Two weeks went by, no phone calls or emails. I then called HR, they said everyone was at the Convention. For me to wait. so I waited another 10 days. So after a total of 4 weeks, I got a voice mail, if I was interested in a personal interview, to call and the local GM would interview me. Sadly I had an ER situation for my family. I was not able to interview.I think I was labeled for life. I kept calling, emailing, I applied four more times, I was told someone else was hired.
I am so dissapointed, that I thought this was a wonderful national chain, I am well trained as a GM and would have been grateful to be an ASST MGR. with this Company, however, I will never ever be given the chance, because I was at the ER. than one day.
sad, the position is now open again, and several more. they could have had a great Asst Mgr. who would have helped them rank high, and been loyal to them for years to come.
But Darn the emergency we had, will haunt me:(.
Wait, not anymore, I just got the job of my dreams, yesterday :)))
and it's not La Quinta .

Interview Question – if you are interested in the interview call us back, but if you dont the second we ask you to.
we will write your name in the book of NO HIRE EVER AGAIN>
  Answer Question

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Pompano Beach, FL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at LA Quinta in March 2013.

Interview Details I was hired on the spot after 5 minutes conversation because it looked like nobody wanted that position at the place. My suspect was real.
It seemed they were panicked because they were unable to find anybody to do the job.

Interview Question – Are you available to empty the trash cans while doing your job as Engineer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation. Take it or leave it was the response of the General Manager. Usually they hire people with a very low salary even if you have very good skills. They try to milk you by paying a very low wage and they don't care about your experience and skills at all.

Night Auditor Interview

Night Auditor

Interviewed at LA Quinta

Interview Details Very fast and simple questions. Applied in the morning got called that afternoon and was hired the next day.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Front Desk Clerk
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at LA Quinta in June 2010.

Interview Details Interview was concise and easy. La Quinta had two weeks of training and 90 days of probation when hired. All you do is fill out forms agreeing to standard company procedures, and background check. The job description was right on spot with what you had to do.

Front Desk Interview

Front Desk
Lafayette, LA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at LA Quinta in November 2012.

Interview Details Resume. Call. Interview

Interview Question – None were really difficult. Do you have any experience in a hotel? How does your previous experience prepare you for this job?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at LA Quinta

Worked for LA Quinta? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LA Quinta interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews are posted anonymously by LA Quinta employees and interview candidates.