L'Oréal USA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Production Engineer Interview

Production Engineer

Interviewed at L'Oréal USA

Interview Details First interview was a long screening with HR, classic questions as tell me about your resume, best project, most difficult decision.

Interview Question – Questions were not difficult.   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Beauty Advisor
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in January 2013.

Interview Details Three interviews: one with the Bay, one with the Yves Saint Laurent rep, and another with the Bay counter manager.

Interview Question – What do you think YSL is all about? What sets us apart?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiated salary

Associate Digital Marketing Director Interview

Associate Digital Marketing Director

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Interview Details Went through 2 interviews. First interview over the phone with HR. Talked about resume and background. No crazy or unexpected questions. A week later was called in for in-office interview with department's director. Interview went very well. She described the role and talked about what she's been working and what she would need help with.
She then said she would have her HR call me to start the hiring process so I can start working asap.
HR never called and never returned my calls or answered my emails!

Interview Question – None. Very pleasant interviews.   Answer Question

Finance Director Interview

Finance Director
Berkeley Heights, NJ (US)

I applied online - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in March 2014.

Interview Details Pretty straight forward and more of a personality interview

Negotiation Details – Tried to negotiate, in the end did not get any additional base compensation or bonus

Senior Developer Interview

Senior Developer

Interviewed at L'Oréal USA

Interview Details One phone interview, then presentation on choice of interviewer. Very simple, standard.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on my part, offer came in slighly below expectations, but they added signing bonus.

Very Easy Interview

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in February 2013.

Interview Details Pretty easy, they'll take anyone because they want someone to do all the work without giving them all the benefits.

Interview Question – nothing really, all behavior questions.   Answer Question

Field Sales and Education Interview

Field Sales and Education

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in March 2014.

Interview Details I found a job that I thought best fit what I want to do with my career. I have been a cosmetologist for 17 years. I have done a lot in the industry. Behind the chair, education, outside sales for a manufacturer, education for a manufacturer, and salon management. I love the industry and want to stay in it but, I am planning on moving to another state. It is hard to build a new clientele. So I thought I would look for something in the corporate end of the industry. I was put in contact with a hiring manager and we had a phone interview. I was under the impression that it went well. I had one question about the salary for the position. I just figured I would get the nitty gritty out of the way. I was told by the interviewer that she would call me back the next day and she never called. I have called several times with no call back. The interviewer was asking me how I would deal with a situation and I gave her my answer. It seemed like she wanted me to do her own hair based off my answer. So I thought it went well. Oh well.

Interview Question – I didn't really think that there was any difficult or unexpected questions.   View Answer

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern

Interviewed at L'Oréal USA

Interview Details Ask you why you want to work for L'Oreal and to explain how you would market two products. They are watching you the whole weekend even during meals and group work. Make sure to not stick with people just from your school and branch out and meet as many people as possible.

Interview Question – How to market two products.   Answer Question

Processor Interview

Processor
Piscataway, NJ (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Interview Details Pre interview with staff agency, You come at arranged date and time to fill out application, then sit 1:1 with hiring manager. they pick and choose from several candidates and then they send you out for drug and pre-employment physical testing. this is only done if they make an offer which you don't know until you hear from the staffing agency.

Interview Question – Why Should I hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiating. union environment flat pay rate for all.

Packaging Intern Interview

Packaging Intern

Interviewed at L'Oréal USA

Interview Details All behavior questions, typical give me an example when.

Interview Question – nothing too difficult   Answer Question

Worked for L'Oréal USA? Contribute to the Community!