L'Oréal USA

Updated 3 Nov, 2014
Updated 3 Nov, 2014

3.1

Production Engineer Interview

First interview was a long screening with HR, classic questions as tell me about your resume, best project, most difficult decision.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at L'Oréal USA in January 2013.

Three interviews: one with the Bay, one with the Yves Saint Laurent rep, and another with the Bay counter manager.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think YSL is all about? What sets us apart?   View Answer
    Negotiated salary

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Brunswick Terrace, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Brunswick Terrace, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

The interview process was a 10-15 minute presentation on previous achievements, academic and/or work related. Afterward, there was a panel of about 4 members who asked behavioral questions. The questions were not too hard, mainly asking about my previous work experience. One of the panel members were very interested in one of my previous internships and asked very specific details based on the results of my project there. So be sure to know your resume and remember key facts from the past.

Intern Interview

The process begins early in the fall of junior year. Many steps to the process and lots of hoops to jump, as it is very competitive. Initial application consists of cover letter plus a series of essays. The next round is a phone interview. Then Taste of L'Oreal weekend in NYC, which is a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • Taste of L'Oreal was definitely the most difficult step in general. They have a day of "case" interview where they observe you very closely in a group. Important to be the right amount of involved and to be a good team player, not overbearing.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

The process was not stressful at all and asked questions that established your knowledge of marketing while also being geared towards finding out if you are the right fit for the company.

Interview Questions
    • In the first round, none of the questions were especially difficult. They ask what motivates you? So just be sure to be very genuine.   Answer Question

R&I Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Was interviewed on campus, 45 minutes of a purely behavioral interview. Fairly straightforward interview about behavioral things, it was mostly a gauge to see if you would be a good fit for L'Oreal or not. Company culture is probably the biggest thing they look for when they're hiring at a university. Recieved the offer about 3 months later, after a very brief over-the-phone second round interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a way in which you differ from the stereotypical engineer.   View Answer
    No negotiation for intern.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, KY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, KY (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at L'Oréal USA in September 2014.

I was called by a temporary service about this position which was not advertized. The representative found my resume on monster.com and decided that I would be a good fit for this position and sent the resume over to Loreal. Loreal called the temp service and requested that I come in for an interview the following day which I agreed to. There were two interviewers present, the head of the HR department and the assistant QC Lab Manager.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were very difficult. It's just that there weren't very many of them and the responses that I got from the interviewers towards my answers were somewhat apathetic. The entire interview took less than 10 minutes. Also I noticed that both interviewers were looking at their cell phones (probably checking the time) when I was answering their questions. It's almost as if they had already selected a candidate but I was being interviewed as a curteousy to someone, of course that is purely speculation. It could be that they had someone with a completely different profile in mind altoghether at some point early in the interview process. I didn't get any other feedback about the interview other than that I was not being considered.   Answer Question

Director, Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA in September 2014.

Couple of phone interviews, two in person interviews and one in New York. Did not make it past the first in person interview. You,will be asked to prepare a power point presentation over a personal or,professional accomplishment.

Interview Questions
    • Standard usual questions, I did have to prepare a power point over a personal or professional accomplishment.   View Answer

Associate Digital Marketing Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Went through 2 interviews. First interview over the phone with HR. Talked about resume and background. No crazy or unexpected questions. A week later was called in for in-office interview with department's director. Interview went very well. She described the role and talked about what she's been working and what she would need help with.
    She then said she would have her HR call me to start the hiring process so I can start working asap.
    HR never called and never returned my calls or answered my emails!

Senior Developer Interview

One phone interview, then presentation on choice of interviewer. Very simple, standard.

No negotiation on my part, offer came in slighly below expectations, but they added signing bonus.