L'Oréal USA Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

3.1

Production Engineer Interview

First interview was a long screening with HR, classic questions as tell me about your resume, best project, most difficult decision.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in January 2013.

Three interviews: one with the Bay, one with the Yves Saint Laurent rep, and another with the Bay counter manager.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think YSL is all about? What sets us apart?   View Answer
    Negotiated salary

R&I Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Was interviewed on campus, 45 minutes of a purely behavioral interview. Fairly straightforward interview about behavioral things, it was mostly a gauge to see if you would be a good fit for L'Oreal or not. Company culture is probably the biggest thing they look for when they're hiring at a university. Recieved the offer about 3 months later, after a very brief over-the-phone second round interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a way in which you differ from the stereotypical engineer.   View Answer
    No negotiation for intern.

Public Relations Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in September 2010.

Took three months- averaged an interview per month. Met with HR first and then the team I would be working for. It was agonizing to wait but glad I did.

Interview Questions
    • HR was the most difficult. The team was looking for the right personality fit. L'Oreal has a sink or swim culture- you have to be able and willing to dive into your workload quickly.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate. The offer was good.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in January 2014.

The interview process for marketing interns is a weekend long process called "Taste of L'Oreal." After a phone interview, chosen applicants are flown to New York for a super weekend. Night one involves listening to upper level executives discuss the company and its culture followed by a networking event. On day 2, interns are separated by their divisions of choice for a daylong case study assignment followed by a presentation to executives. Loreal employees are assigned to approximately 2 applicants each and observe and take notes all day on group work, strengths, weaknesses, reactions, etc. Day 3 is the formal interviews with 2 employees who monitored you group the day prior as well as an HR representative. The head of HR called 2 weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Was given a bottle of shampoo and asked how I would market it.   Answer Question
    No negotiating as an intern.

Associate Digital Marketing Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Went through 2 interviews. First interview over the phone with HR. Talked about resume and background. No crazy or unexpected questions. A week later was called in for in-office interview with department's director. Interview went very well. She described the role and talked about what she's been working and what she would need help with.
    She then said she would have her HR call me to start the hiring process so I can start working asap.
    HR never called and never returned my calls or answered my emails!

Finance Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Berkeley Heights, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley Heights, NJ (US)

I applied online - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in March 2014.

Pretty straight forward and more of a personality interview

Tried to negotiate, in the end did not get any additional base compensation or bonus

Senior Developer Interview

One phone interview, then presentation on choice of interviewer. Very simple, standard.

No negotiation on my part, offer came in slighly below expectations, but they added signing bonus.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in February 2013.

Pretty easy, they'll take anyone because they want someone to do all the work without giving them all the benefits.

Field Sales and Education Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in March 2014.

I found a job that I thought best fit what I want to do with my career. I have been a cosmetologist for 17 years. I have done a lot in the industry. Behind the chair, education, outside sales for a manufacturer, education for a manufacturer, and salon management. I love the industry and want to stay in it but, I am planning on moving to another state. It is hard to build a new clientele. So I thought I would look for something in the corporate end of the industry. I was put in contact with a hiring manager and we had a phone interview. I was under the impression that it went well. I had one question about the salary for the position. I just figured I would get the nitty gritty out of the way. I was told by the interviewer that she would call me back the next day and she never called. I have called several times with no call back. The interviewer was asking me how I would deal with a situation and I gave her my answer. It seemed like she wanted me to do her own hair based off my answer. So I thought it went well. Oh well.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't really think that there was any difficult or unexpected questions.   View Answer

Worked for L'Oréal USA? Contribute to the Community!