L'Oréal USA

Updated 29 Jan, 2015
Updated 29 Jan, 2015

3.1

Production Engineer Interview

First interview was a long screening with HR, classic questions as tell me about your resume, best project, most difficult decision.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at L'Oréal USA in January 2013.

Three interviews: one with the Bay, one with the Yves Saint Laurent rep, and another with the Bay counter manager.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think YSL is all about? What sets us apart?   View Answer
    Negotiated salary

Short Term Planner Interview

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA.

After applying online, I was contacted abs had a 30 minute screening with one of their HR recruiters. After about a week I was notified that they wanted to bring me onsite for an interview; this interview consisted of a presentation (about yourself/a successful project), followed by Q&A, and finally a case study. All in all it took about 2 hours. After a bit of back and forth, I was then contacted by a different director for a brief phone interview. About a month later, I received the offer.

Interview Questions
    • have you ever gone beyond your boundaries to make a suggestion or change   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you faced challenges with a coworker and how did you deal with that   Answer Question
    Attempted to negotiate, was told the offer had already been adjusted and was the best case for this specific role.

Manager Interview

Very informal, had two conversations and received an offer very quickly.

Process was very disorganized. Was told the process was over when in reality there was much more to be done. Never knew what to expect.

Interview Questions
    • Just a casual conversation. No hard questions, a couple "tell me about a time", but jotting hard. Mostly talking through work history.   Answer Question
    Had to negotiate with someone who didn't have any power. Then she went to superior for approval and superior surprised everyone.

We're open to my requests, superior offered more than I asked for which was nice.

MBA Finance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal USA in January 2015.

Recruitment started at my university where L'Oreal came to the school for a corporate presentation. Applications were due quite early, 2nd week of November. I had a follow-up phone screening with an HR Finance recruiter about a month after I applied. The phone screening was a mixture of technical and behavioral questions. A few weeks later, I was invited to Taste of L'Oreal in January.

Taste of L'Oreal for finance was MBAs only and one day, versus two days for marketing. We completed a group case, followed by a 45 minute behavioral 2 on 1 interview, and then went right into presenting our case for 30 minutes with 15 minutes of Q&A. The case relied on basic financial concepts. It was information rich and the two hours that we had to prepare flew by. We completed the day around 5pm on Friday. The following Monday afternoon, I received a call indicating I was offered a summer internship.

Interview Questions
    • Group case - There were 2 people watching us and taking notes. It was a bit awkward at first, but you get used to it. I think it's a good way to measure how you work in a team. I like that this part is part of the whole evaluation process.   Answer Question

Taste of Finance 2014 Interview

I applied online – interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Phone screening asking basic interview questions, after you pass that then you are invited to attend a 2-day recruitment event and have to do: group project (business case), presentation (they ask you about the group project process and to present your findings), two-on-one interview (one person is HR and one is from Finance)

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about brand finance? How comfortable are you with Excel? Do you know how to do pivot tables and ...?   Answer Question

Summer Finance Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Submitted an application online which was pretty thorough. Then I had a phone interview with mostly behavioral questions, and a few on how to increase profitability. Nothing too difficult. Over 500 people apply and only 20 made it to the final round, so remember to show how much you want to work for them. The final round of interviews is in their New York office and the whole event is called "A Taste Of L'Oreal." You have to get into teams and work on a case study with four questions and present it to the l'oreal team. While the questions itself weren't that difficult (profit margin, break-even, cost analysis etc. Know your excel!!), there was EXTREME time pressure, and having to work in teams and divide up work evenly is stressful. Don't take over the whole project, make sure to integrate everyone.
    Then, there is a 2 on 1 interview. Again, normal behavioral stuff, a few cost analysis questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you decrease the costs of (random L'Oreal product)?   Answer Question

Taste of Finance 2014 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA.

The process began with an online application, deadline end of October. I received an email probably less than a week later, setting up a phone screen. The phone screen was the next week and just a few days later I was emailed and invited to the the "Taste of L'Oreal" interview event.
    The Taste of Finance interview event was a 1 1/2 day even for a small group of candidates. We were introduced to various employees of the company, in both finance departments and from the HR team. Many had been with the company 10+ years, some were in their MDP program.
    The "interview" part consisted of a group case study, a presentation, and an individual interview.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a situation where you saw room for an improvement and implemented the change; Not necessarily a hard question to answer, but I was asked quite a few follow-ups on it and asked to speak further about certain points I wasn't as prepared for.   Answer Question
    no negotiation for an internship

MBA Summer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at L'Oréal USA in December 2014.

First apply online through L'Oreal's website. Got an email two weeks later requesting a phone screening. I only got a fifteen minute screening interview. They asked me four unrelated questions and then asked if I had any questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to fit something unexpected into your schedule.   Answer Question

Specialist I-Credit Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA in December 2014.

The process consisted of two phone interviews and a group panel interview where I had to prepare a visual presentation ahead of time. My first phone interview was cancelled not once, but twice in the same day even though it was scheduled a week ahead time, and both times were selected by the human resources representative. I have never experienced this while interviewing with an company before and I thought that it was rather disrespectful on the part of L'Oréal seeing as they did not appear to value my time by acting as if the cancellations were not much of an issue, which speaks volumes to me about the company culture. From thereon out, the process flowed as expected, but overall, the company was not easy to deal with due to their lack of organization and inability to honor time commitments.

Interview Questions
    • What are three characteristics that you consider essential in a work environment?   Answer Question